Favorite Gradient Jerseys

piratesfan16

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has there ever been a tie-dye uniform?

See New Jersey Nets above, and countless minor league hockey one-offs since 1995.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

xhrnt3mjrnrf3qdnewf2vk59x.gif
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I always thought it was pieced together with a random assortment of fabrics. The shame of it is that it replaced a really nice sweater.

preview_467_24688.jpg

Yes, that was a great one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I might be in the minority, but I've always like the 1995-96 Canucks' third jerseys:

2925178810100337552S425x425Q85.jpg2467418390100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I thought those were awesome.

I liked those too, but they looked awful the first year when they were worn with plain black socks.

3890446d4d700f15dd.jpg

The second year they wore those they used some red socks with black-red-yellow-red-black northwestern striping. Looked much better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^^

Is that an Edge cut? how?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I always thought it was pieced together with a random assortment of fabrics. The shame of it is that it replaced a really nice sweater.

preview_467_24688.jpg

Just wondering: Where's the gradient?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I know the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic Basketball team was very much associated with tie-dye, and I think I've seen a tie-dye Lithuanian jersey before... but I'm not sure if they were actually game jerseys or just fashion jerseys.

See New Jersey Nets above, and countless minor league hockey one-offs since 1995.

The Nets' unis were more of an airbrush design than tie-die.

I know the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic Basketball team was very much associated with tie-dye, and I think I've seen a tie-dye Lithuanian jersey before... but I'm not sure if they were actually game jerseys or just fashion jerseys.

I think the game jerseys were just green. The warm-ups and shooting shirts had a tie-die pattern though, there was some kind of Grateful Dead tie-in there...

preview_467_24688.jpg

It's not there. We're both saying that the gradient sweater that replaced this one was a downgrade.

preview_467_24688.jpg

It's not there. We're both saying that the gradient sweater that replaced this one was a downgrade.

Ahhh... gotcha

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Apparently you can make custom tye-dye hockey sweaters here.

tiedyed.jpg

thats insane

i remember my sisters softball team wearing tie-dye jerseys one year. for them it looked cool, but i dont think it belongs in men sports. back to the gradients

LT-basketball-lr.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived