BFBS, Good or Bad

dmhtfld

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also would contend that the Redskins colors are extremely adhesive to black uniforms, but I wouldn't want to see it because I couldn't stand all the non uni people wearing them and not understand what they are doing. ANIMALS.

How are the Redskins colors "extremely adhesive (adhesive? Like dentu-grip?) to black uniforms" exactly?

I also would contend that the Redskins colors are extremely adhesive to black uniforms, but I wouldn't want to see it because I couldn't stand all the non uni people wearing them and not understand what they are doing. ANIMALS.

How are the Redskins colors "extremely adhesive (adhesive? Like dentu-grip?) to black uniforms" exactly?

I mean they would look great together. They would "fit" if you will.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

No they wouldn't. Adding black to an already classic look of burgundy and gold would be a classic case of BFBS overkill.

No they wouldn't. Adding black to an already classic look of burgundy and gold would be a classic case of BFBS overkill.

Maybe, but I think that the colors work much better than others. I would hate to see it because the skins are tradition.

potd 10/20/12

They've never worn black before. I don't see how they're "extremely adhesive to black uniforms."

How can you be "adhesive" to a uniform anyway?

I'm trying to come up with a word that starts with A that might have been what he actually meant. The best I could come up with was "adhere" or "adherent." That doesn't make much sense either but it's a little closer to what I think he was trying to say.

BB52Big.jpg

They've never worn black before. I don't see how they're "extremely adhesive to black uniforms."

I'm trying to come up with a word that starts with A that might have been what he actually meant. The best I could come up with was "adhere" or "adherent." That doesn't make much sense either but it's a little closer to what I think he was trying to say.

-_- I guess adherent is more like it, but you get the idea

potd 10/20/12

Conducive?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Conducive?

BAM

potd 10/20/12

Conducive?

BAM

Emeril?

The Calgary Flames have benefited from the addition of black, in my opinion...They would have one of the best modern looks in the NHL had they carried over their 2003-07 look into the EDGE era.

Bingo. I like their current thirds, but if they could find a way to translate that 03-07 design to the EDGE, they would be one of my favorite looking teams in the league. That's a perfect example of black being added in a great way.

The Calgary Flames have benefited from the addition of black, in my opinion...They would have one of the best modern looks in the NHL had they carried over their 2003-07 look into the EDGE era.

Bingo. I like their current thirds, but if they could find a way to translate that 03-07 design to the EDGE, they would be one of my favorite looking teams in the league. That's a perfect example of black being added in a great way.

For the Eagles concept I'm working on, I'm including black to make seperate the kelly and white. It does make the colors pop

potd 10/20/12

Next time maybe you should just settle for saying "the addition of black would work with their current colors."

BB52Big.jpg

The Calgary Flames have benefited from the addition of black, in my opinion. The old red, gold, and white uniforms are ok, but they seem a tad washed out. The addition of black to the colour scheme really made the whole look pop. They would have one of the best modern looks in the NHL had they carried over their 2003-07 look into the EDGE era.

Could not agree with this statement more. If you had asked me in the 2006-07 season who had the best jerseys in the NHL I would have said the Flames without blinking. Btw I love your sig, lets see the Cup back in Canada where it belongs!

Next time maybe you should just settle for saying "the addition of black would work with their current colors."

Cohesively.

potd 10/20/12

Pros:

the players(/recruits) like it

it gets the younger portion of the fanbase excited

it helps in apparel sales

Cons:

95% of the time it looks terrible

it defeats the purpose of having team colors

it is overdone and not even remotely original anymore

I think the 3 most important things when designing a uniform should be appropriate colors, aesthetics and tradtion, so I don't like BFBS jerseys. I think it works as a great 3rd uniform/alt for some teams who have black as a trim color, but looks so bad I have a hard time watching games when the Mets/Knicks/Celtics/etc wear it.

We're kind of also dancing around another issue. One of the primary justifications for the existence of collegiate athletics is that the teams serve as advertisements for the schools. Now, when we consider that 1) the list of completely self-funding college athletic departments is rather limited and 2) as a consequence, a lot of athletic departments need the tuition and activity fee dollars of their academic student body to survive, maybe these school advertisements should prioritize donning the academic school colors and not whatever looks cool or whatever Nike told you to wear this month.

Oregon is one of those completely self-funding athletic departments. Does that make it ok to have BFBS now?

I'm of the mind that BFBS is good when the design is good, and bad when the design is bad. Its a color just like white that any team can use. Not every team SHOULD use black but most teams out there can make it work. A black jersey is just as likely to ugly as a purple or a green or a red jersey is. But when its black everyone around here flips out and whines about Nike ruining another team's identity. I think ASU's new black alts look great. I think Washington's are pretty ugly. I think the Mets and Knicks look better without the black in their uniforms. I HATE the Celtics use of black. I kind of like the Orlando Magic's black alternates, but think the jersey design is pretty bad regardless of color. They're bad, but it has nothing to do with being black. I loved Florida State's black alts, thought they looked awesome.

So the bottom line is that black is just another "supporting color" and I've got no problem with teams using it. BFBS is not inherently good or bad, despite the negative connotation it has around these boards.

Archived