Alternates for the Alternateless

Jahgee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Are you doing these for all sports? I would love to see a Detroit Tigers alternate.

Yes, I'm doing the NHL first though, so there will be a wait for the Tigers but baseball will be next

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Nice. Are you doing these for all sports? I would love to see a Detroit Tigers alternate.

Yes, I'm doing the NHL first though, so there will be a wait for the Tigers but baseball will be next

Yeah, that sounds great!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'm sorry, but both of these are pretty bad. The Detroit logo is too childish, and the Purple comes out of nowhere. The logo on the Canadiens is too Maple Leafs, and would have the potential to not even be seen depending on the way the player tucks the jersey.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I'm sorry, but both of these are pretty bad. The Detroit logo is too childish, and the Purple comes out of nowhere. The logo on the Canadiens is too Maple Leafs, and would have the potential to not even be seen depending on the way the player tucks the jersey.

I'll second that. Not to mention the red wings octopus looks like bad clip art, the logo is def not meant for a jersey. and the Canadians, the front and back script with the numbers above the stripe? It looks like a bad nba jersey from the 80's.. See the atlanta hawks

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Two things:

1.) Very few NHL teams have their team name anywhere on the uniform, especially not in the form you've used for the the Red Wings and Canadiens. The closest I can think of are the Kings putting "Los Angeles" in the hem stripe. Unless you're using the script as the centerpiece of the design, like the Stars or Canucks have, leave off the team name completely.

2.) NHL uniform numbers have to be of a certain size, and they're almost always in the exact same position. Both designs basically violate NHL uniform rules, as the Wings' numbers are far too small, and the Canadiens' numbers are down way too low. With numbers down that low, they'd often be partially obscured by the jersey riding up on the pants the player is wearing. There's a big reason why teams never have their numbers down that low, where the hem stripes would normally be.

Basically, when you're creating NHL uniforms, follow the conventions you see across that league.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Purples been in use as an alternate since the 50's and I'm fixing the Canadiens now.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

The Purples been in use as an alternate since the 50's and I'm fixing the Canadiens now.

Can you tell me where exactly it's been in use? Besides the octopus cartoon logo. And your Canadiens edit still doesn't address the issue that the logo is still located too far down on the jersey. Maybe put it over the stripe

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived