Alternates for the Alternateless

Jahgee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I said I would update the NHL ones but I had this idea and had to get it down on a concept, prepare your eyes for the Yankees

I don't usually reply to concepts, but I feel that I need to repeat what has been said to you more than five times in this thread in a way you may understand and perhaps follow.

SLOW THE :censored: DOWN

As for the Yankees' concept... I like the pink belt... <_<

I know I said I would update the NHL ones but I had this idea and had to get it down on a concept, prepare your eyes for the Yankees

I don't usually reply to concepts, but I feel that I need to repeat what has been said to you more than five times in this thread in a way you may understand and perhaps follow.

Its striped <_<

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Its striped <_<

Please go away and come back when you're willing to be a productive member of the forum, not a troll.

Its striped <_<

Please go away and come back when you're willing to be a productive member of the forum, not a troll.

How am I a troll, besides that one Alternate NFL Universe incident (which I vowed never to use Size 6 or 7 unless appropriate) I recall never being a troll

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I don't usually reply to concepts, but I feel that I need to

repeat what has been said to you more than five times in this thread in a way you may understand and perhaps follow.

Its striped <_<

How am I a troll, besides that one Alternate NFL Universe incident (which I vowed never to use Size 6 or 7 unless

appropriate) I recall never being a troll

On a side note it sucks how that got graveyarded and garbage like this keeps getting posted

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

:cursing::wacko::therock::blink::shocked:

Theres my feelings about this.

Don't worry I have been working on a tigers concept that will not as ground breaking, but better

All orange alt with tiger stripes?

Yeah, most likely.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I've never been one to complain about anything, but this is just depressing with what these boards have become of as of late.

The concept section is just flooded with half-assed 5 minute time-killers. It's almost as if hard work has fallen second to something as stupid as racking up post-count. It's ridiculous. I know I've been a member since only two summers ago, but I miss the dgnmrwrw Defunct Redesigns, and the davidson fantasy projects (not to mention robbman's respected Alternate Universe, that has been swallowed up by the massive troll parade). Threads like these were what inspired me to pursue graphic design. Now, I rarely post here, not because of the lack of respectable concepts or because of the pointless and immature flame-wars, but because there's nothing left. It's gone.

My personal football league has been left as a pile if sketches on my desk, and I've moved onto more confidential paid projects. There's no fun in sharing these great concepts anymore when they're just going to be polluted with immature garbage.

That's my two cents. If you've got nothing better todo than make a nuisance on a freakin' forum, then maybe you should go outside and live a little.

I am in complete agreement with C Jay Z. The most I've done in the past two months or so was a half-hearted Rockies concept that I don't even feel like fixing. What's the point? I'll post it, and it'll get maybe one or two comments before getting pushed down the page by a bunch of two-second piping changes or unmitigated eye-searing trainwrecks. I wanted to do an MLB series, but there is no chance in hell of me ever doing a long series now, considering it WILL be derailed by immature homerish noobs insisting that I stop whatever I'm doing and do their team instead, just because they said so. On top of that, we've got noobs making pissing-Calvin and Tellitubbies avatars, posting crude ASCII penises (penii?), starting 800 half-assed contests that will never be completed, saying "no, that crashes my computer" to every suggestion when we all know they're just being lazy, and seancarter saying "this sucks, back to the drawing board" on just about every semi-creative concept without ever having made a concept in his life.

Quite frankly, I'm fed up. I used to enjoy making concepts. I would be inspired by Discrim and Elliott and the other creative designers on here, and try to carve out a creative niche of my own. I used to love to read and respond to people's criticism and strive to make myself better without losing my futuristic aesthetic. I knew I was never going to be a great artist based on the tools I use but I strove to do the best I possibly could. But honestly, what's the point anymore? All I'm going to get is a mixture of "OMG I LOVE IT DO MY TEAM NEXT ROFLBBQCOPTER!!!!111one" and "THIS SUCKS I HATE IT" without any constructive criticism, and that's if I'm lucky and some noob's atrocious or bland excuse for a concept doesn't get more comments than the concept I put hard work into. I know I'm guilty of bringing attention to BNYG's disastrous concepts but I was only trying to help her improve, while others were gawking at the trainwreck like a bunch of rubberneckers.

The point is, I have no motivation to make or post concepts anymore, and I'm surprised that talented guys like Fraser, Robbman, and Discrim continue to do it as well. Congratulations, noobs, you've killed the concepts forum - the heart and soul of the CCSLC. Get a life, get a hobby, and grow the :censored: up.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am in complete agreement with C Jay Z. The most I've done in the past two months or so was a half-hearted Rockies concept that I don't even feel like fixing. What's the point? I'll post it, and it'll get maybe one or two comments before getting pushed down the page by a bunch of two-second piping changes or unmitigated eye-searing trainwrecks. I wanted to do an MLB series, but there is no chance in hell of me ever doing a long series now, considering it WILL be derailed by immature homerish noobs insisting that I stop whatever I'm doing and do their team instead, just because they said so. On top of that, we've got noobs making pissing-Calvin and Tellitubbies avatars, posting crude ASCII penises (penii?), starting 800 half-assed contests that will never be completed, saying "no, that crashes my computer" to every suggestion when we all know they're just being lazy, and seancarter saying "this sucks, back to the drawing board" on just about every semi-creative concept without ever having made a concept in his life.

Quite frankly, I'm fed up. I used to enjoy making concepts. I would be inspired by Discrim and Elliott and the other creative designers on here, and try to carve out a creative niche of my own. I used to love to read and respond to people's criticism and strive to make myself better without losing my futuristic aesthetic. I knew I was never going to be a great artist based on the tools I use but I strove to do the best I possibly could. But honestly, what's the point anymore? All I'm going to get is a mixture of "OMG I LOVE IT DO MY TEAM NEXT ROFLBBQCOPTER!!!!111one" and "THIS SUCKS I HATE IT" without any constructive criticism, and that's if I'm lucky and some noob's atrocious or bland excuse for a concept doesn't get more comments than the concept I put hard work into. I know I'm guilty of bringing attention to BNYG's disastrous concepts but I was only trying to help her improve, while others were gawking at the trainwreck like a bunch of rubberneckers.

The point is, I have no motivation to make or post concepts anymore, and I'm surprised that talented guys like Fraser, Robbman, and Discrim continue to do it as well. Congratulations, noobs, you've killed the concepts forum - the heart and soul of the CCSLC. Get a life, get a hobby, and grow the :censored: up.

maximum_trolling_I_CHALLENGE_YOU-s720x480-142118-475.jpg

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I've never been one to complain about anything, but this is just depressing with what these boards have become of as of late.

The concept section is just flooded with half-assed 5 minute time-killers. It's almost as if hard work has fallen second to something as stupid as racking up post-count. It's ridiculous. I know I've been a member since only two summers ago, but I miss the dgnmrwrw Defunct Redesigns, and the davidson fantasy projects (not to mention robbman's respected Alternate Universe, that has been swallowed up by the massive troll parade). Threads like these were what inspired me to pursue graphic design. Now, I rarely post here, not because of the lack of respectable concepts or because of the pointless and immature flame-wars, but because there's nothing left. It's gone.

My personal football league has been left as a pile if sketches on my desk, and I've moved onto more confidential paid projects. There's no fun in sharing these great concepts anymore when they're just going to be polluted with immature garbage.

That's my two cents. If you've got nothing better todo than make a nuisance on a freakin' forum, then maybe you should go outside and live a little.

This is sad because you and cfish were my inspiration for design. You were young, extremely talented designers. Now look at most of the young designers, complete censored.gif.

I know this is slightly hypocritical, but if you see concepts like these, just don't respond. Don't give them the satisfaction of your reaction. That is all Jahgee wants, reactions, good or bad. So, just let these type of things die. (end rant)

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm not trying to do anything other than what I'm asking but, is my NFL Redesign one of those things? I honestly want to know.

Series are fine, because they entail actual effort. Lately I'm hardpressed to post anything because I know that the hours I put into it will be met with 2 or 3 comments tops.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Archived