Alternates for the Alternateless

Jahgee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm not trying to do anything other than what I'm asking but, is my NFL Redesign one of those things? I honestly want to know.

Series are fine, because they entail actual effort. Lately I'm hardpressed to post anything because I know that the hours I put into it will be met with 2 or 3 comments tops.

I'm gonna second that one. On one hand you don't want to bump your own thread, but sometimes it's necessary to get even 3 replies.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Personally, and I know I'm new here, I'm surprised at how little outright criticism there is on this board. When an idea is truly terrible, like star-spangled pants, say it's a bad idea. That's not trolling, that's telling you to go back to the drawing board.

Honestly, there should be a whole lot more tweaking and developing of these concepts until they ARE good. People should be posting ideas on what to change, like not including an octopus with a hockey stick on a Red Wings sweater, and the artist should take the comments they think have merit and then applying them to the concepts before moving on.

We're never going to see anything in this thread perfected, are we? Then what's the point?

I have about 15 concepts sitting and stewing right now, and I'll go and tweak them as I realize I've missed a detail, or something doesn't look right, etc., and only after I feel like those concepts are absolutely ready will I start a series. How about you flesh out all of the concepts you've posted in this thread before posting any new teams?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Actually, I'd strongly advise everyone not to post any more series for a while after seeing what happened to Robbman's Alternate NFL series. Save them for when the immature children finally decide to leave us alone.

I've never actually had a troll situation on my thread. Jaghee once commented "Petersons missing a shoulder number" and that was it. I'm not posting them yet in any case because I want to finish my personal logo (or start it rather) before I post so I have less work to do when I add it to all my concepts (dreading the thought)

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

That doesn't look terrible! Ha, but this is a nice Fourth of July kind of jersey. But just Yankees works better for the chest. Also, try to only have one shade of blue

Then It would be just stars on the sleeve and no meaning other than that, but this jersey is ment to be worn on Memorial Day and 4th of July

Yankees Update

Yankees-1.jpg

It's better but it still looks like a slapdash five-minute job. Still no outlines and the back number is way too small. Also, the stars and stripes should be on the opposite sides on the back.

What color would you recommend for the outline

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Looks better but as others stated still looks like it took you 5 minutes. You really need to slow down and take your time with these. They might actually be good and you would get a lot less criticism.

Where does it look like that other than the Number, which I'm fixing.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Looks better but as others stated still looks like it took you 5 minutes. You really need to slow down and take your time with these. They might actually be good and you would get a lot less criticism.

The grey New York Yankees as opposed to a white with a stroke Yankees. But it is a good idea.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Does it have to be "New York Yankees" across the chest. It's crowded and in real life would look really bad cause of the folds and wrinkles, and would tucked under the armpits. It would look like "Ne Yrk Yakes".

And if you MUST have all of it, trying dropping Yankees on a different line...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Everywhere. There's a reason Apply R&D's all their stuff for years before it comes out: SO THAT IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

You, however, have yet to grasp the simple "quality-over-quantity" approach.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Also, technically shouldn't the stars be on the left? I donno just little things.

Oh also, while I was double checking if it was the left I stumbled upon this gem.

http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived