Alternates for the Alternateless

Jahgee

Islanders Concept (Warning BBBR - Black Because Black Rocks)

IslandersConcept.jpg

Im sorry but this is bad, i mean the islanders fishsticks script is a pretty cool idea, but black looks horrible and damn that font is horrible, you obviously just typed it in there without bothering to put it on a tamplate or at least bring it down to where a name is normally located and def decrease the size of that font, also add a stroke around it to have it stand out. The wave of the orange white and blue is clashing with the name font as well, imo id resize the wave and the font so that the font is under it. You have talent your just not using it properly here.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islanders Update

NewYorkIslanders.jpg

I like this one Jaghee and i don't mind your other ones at least your giving it a go and not over crticising people just to make yourself feel better.

:grin:

Or people are criticizing to make him get better....

This one is better but it's lacking key elements such as arm numbers and a name. The blue is hard to see on the jersey, as that and the black are close together. It's better than the other Isles one, but it still needs some work.

Yea i agree this is much better than the previous one honestly all id do is make the numbers smaller.

I think Jahgee and BaltimoreNewYorkGirl are the same person...

Frankly, it would not surprise me. Same stubborn and dismissive attitude towards criticism, same parade of sloppy, half-baked concepts (although slightly less so with Jaghee).

I, unlike BNYG will go through, look at C&C and fix each jersey I posted, so just wait.

Some people on here just love to bash others ideas b/c they think concepts have to be perfect. No they dont concepts are like practice b4 a game. You have to try something different and unique without being too ridiculous while trying to respect the history of the sport of whatever jersey your making. I had people bashing me over my flyers concept, I got a little defensive only b/c i clearly stated in my description that I was testing out a look and didnt take all the time in the world b/c i wanted to see what people thought of my idea then like yourself Jaghee, I'd go back and fix things after others gave me their opinions. So dont take some people too seriously, b/c some people think they know everything and i noticed that some of those people who bash others have never made or posted a concept, b/c theyre obviously either too lazy or are too afraid to be criticized. lol i know im comming out of left field with that but i notice every now and then people dnt respect others work, if a person is new to photoshop and they clearly state that in their description, than mere constructive crit will do, no need for omg this sux or omg are you in 5th grade. Unnecessary, however i'm not a huge fan of the flyers jersey, only b/c i just never liked that 3d logo, but you did a really nice job with it and worked on it for a while, I like your idea of wings on the sides of the jersey, its very different and i'm not sure how else you can use it but if you use our current logo on a more retro styled jersey that may be a cool updated pattern to use.

Frankly, it would not surprise me. Same stubborn and dismissive attitude towards criticism, same parade of sloppy, half-baked concepts (although slightly less so with Jaghee).

I, unlike BNYG will go through, look at C&C and fix each jersey I posted, so just wait.

Some people on here just love to bash others ideas b/c they think concepts have to be perfect. No they dont concepts are like practice b4 a game. You have to try something different and unique without being too ridiculous while trying to respect the history of the sport of whatever jersey your making. I had people bashing me over my flyers concept, I got a little defensive only b/c i clearly stated in my description that I was testing out a look and didnt take all the time in the world b/c i wanted to see what people thought of my idea then like yourself Jaghee, I'd go back and fix things after others gave me their opinions. So dont take some people too seriously, b/c some people think they know everything and i noticed that some of those people who bash others have never made or posted a concept, b/c theyre obviously either too lazy or are too afraid to be criticized. lol i know im comming out of left field with that but i notice every now and then people dnt respect others work, if a person is new to photoshop and they clearly state that in their description, than mere constructive crit will do, no need for omg this sux or omg are you in 5th grade. Unnecessary, however i'm not a huge fan of the flyers jersey, only b/c i just never liked that 3d logo, but you did a really nice job with it and worked on it for a while, I like your idea of wings on the sides of the jersey, its very different and i'm not sure how else you can use it but if you use our current logo on a more retro styled jersey that may be a cool updated pattern to use.

I agree, have fun with concepts or do them dead seriously, or anywhere in between--I say go for it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree, have fun with concepts or do them dead seriously, or anywhere in between--I say go for it.

Right on, both of you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I know that they have an alternate, but I couldn't resist. And this is a fun concept, not a "OMFG, this is exactly what they will wear type of concept. "

DevilRays-1.png

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Cool idea (I've tried it myself in the past), very poor execution. Seriously, I don't know what to say other than slow down and take your time. We're not expecting twenty concepts a day from you.

How is it very poor execution

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Cool idea (I've tried it myself in the past), very poor execution. Seriously, I don't know what to say other than slow down and take your time. We're not expecting twenty concepts a day from you.

The number and NOB font are completely out of place for a baseball jersey. The NOB is too high and in lowercase. The number is too small, too low, and off center. You didn't include a hat. The pants gradient doesn't match up with the shirt gradient.

And on the concept, get rid of the gradient pants. Way too much.

It's illegible. That makes it poor execution.

The next time you churn one of these out, picture it in real life. If you do that, you might see that the pants you have pictured above don't match the jersey. In this case, for example, you have a yellow back of the pants, with the front varying shades of blue. Yet your jersey front is blues to yellow from right hand to left hand.

It's where I sit.

Of course. Nothings radiant like gradient. Roflmao!

I'm messing of course. To echo others, it's poorly executed. I'm all for out there ideas, but at least make it presentable. You're hiding behind the "it's not a real concept" moniker as an excuse for some of the worst execution I've seen on the boards.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I mean, this is becoming Patsox-esque here. All we need is for Jaghee to start insulting people who are trying to help him.

Look, I get that concepts are for fun, I understand completely because I make them. But the best designers on here take their time and put forth the effort to make their concepts look good. They don't settle for 2-second piping changes or fill-tool extravaganzas. When people repeatedly :censored: out rushed, half-baked concepts like this where even the most basic details are ignored, it's a slap in the face to people who work hard on their concepts and don't get as many views and comments as the trainwrecks do.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I mean, this is becoming Patsox-esque here. All we need is for Jaghee to start insulting people who are trying to help him.

Look, I get that concepts are for fun, I understand completely because I make them. But the best designers on here take their time and put forth the effort to make their concepts look good. They don't settle for 2-second piping changes or fill-tool extravaganzas. When people repeatedly :censored: out rushed, half-baked concepts like this where even the most basic details are ignored, it's a slap in the face to people who work hard on their concepts and don't get as many views and comments as the trainwrecks do.

same reason youtube trainwrecks seem to get all the attention. ie Fred, Annoying Orange,iJustine etc. I'm starting to think this is intentionally bad for attention.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

same reason youtube trainwrecks seem to get all the attention. ie Fred, Annoying Orange,iJustine etc. I'm starting to think this is intentionally bad for attention.

Yeah, I totally agree with this. I've been working on my NHL series for a little over a month now (link's in my sig if you wanna take a look, I'd appreciate any comments), and put a lot of time and thought into each concept. But I hardly get any comments on how to make them better. I know they're not perfect, but that's why I post 'em, to get feedback. I remember a time where you could post a single concept and in 4 hours have about 15 comments (actual good, constructive ones at that). Now I literally come back 4 hours later and see my thread on the second or third page. I hate having to bump my thread too, but sometimes I feel it's necessary. I miss the old CCSLC.

The number and NOB font are completely out of place for a baseball jersey. The NOB is too high and in lowercase. The number is too small, too low, and off center. You didn't include a hat. The pants gradient doesn't match up with the shirt gradient.

And on the concept, get rid of the gradient pants. Way too much.

I don't think it was serious...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived