Return of the Anaheim Bullfrogs with a new logo

MRKA

As some of you might remember, the Anaheim Bullfrogs were a team in Roller Hockey International (RHI) during the 90's and were by far the leagues flagship team, winning a couple of championships and leading in attendance. Well that club, at least in name is looking to make a comeback in Major League Roller Hockey (MLRH), a professional roller hockey league that competed briefly with RHI during the 90s and since then has been pretty much been an amateur league. However according to the league website www.mlrh.com, the league has recently acquired the rights to the Anaheim Bullfrogs name and logo along with the name and logo of another former RHI team the Los Angeles Blades. It appears that MLRH has gone ahead and updated the logo and I thought I would share the new logo here

2ag5g0w.jpg

to give you something to compare it to here is the bullfrogs logo from 1994 - 1999

2hristv.png

and here is the bullfrogs logo during the 1993 RHI season

mac4cg.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Muskegon's owner, Josh Mervis... I'll let you know what he says after I tell him.

I would be interested in knowing what he thinks. I am a roller hockey player and have followed the sport for a while now and was interested to see where this league would go. I added the the league MLRH to my facebook in order to follow its developments. After it was pointed out on here that the logo was stolen I made a comment about it on the league page which was promptly deleted. In a private message from the league I was told "to be careful when making such a public statement" and that "no image or logo was inappropriately used"I was then promptly de-friended lol.

Me and my brother were New Jersey Rockin' Rollers season ticket holders. I miss RHI. (Yea, i'm the one guy that misses it)

Add me as the second guy, I was a Denver DareDevils season ticket holder back in 96 (their only season), I was 13 at the time.

I ran the website for the Oklahoma Coyotes their two seasons (1995-96). The thought was to put together an OKC Blazers/Central Hockey League all-star team and place it in the Myriad, since those same players were averaging 10,000 fans a night in OKC. Unfortunately, the Murrah Bombing (for which today is the 16th anniversary, FYI) took place about six weeks after the franchise was announced. The entire OKC metro suffered from clinical depression for 18-24 months after that, and the team never drew more than about 4,000 a night (and usually around 2,800-3,200), though a pair of games in Tulsa the second season drew okay. I have copies of the original scoresheets from both seasons. I'm not sure if the originals are out there anywhere. If anyone has them it would be Chris Due, the SID at Lubbock Christian.

I ran the website for the Oklahoma Coyotes their two seasons (1995-96). The thought was to put together an OKC Blazers/Central Hockey League all-star team and place it in the Myriad, since those same players were averaging 10,000 fans a night in OKC. Unfortunately, the Murrah Bombing (for which today is the 16th anniversary, FYI) took place about six weeks after the franchise was announced. The entire OKC metro suffered from clinical depression for 18-24 months after that, and the team never drew more than about 4,000 a night (and usually around 2,800-3,200), though a pair of games in Tulsa the second season drew okay. I have copies of the original scoresheets from both seasons. I'm not sure if the originals are out there anywhere. If anyone has them it would be Chris Due, the SID at Lubbock Christian.

Thanks for sharing that mfoster. I actually went to school in Tulsa and become a fan of the Tulsa Oilers and the Central Hockey League while out there. I am impressed that that the Oklahoma Coyotes were even able to draw 4,000 a game back then, seeing that both the Tulsa Oilers and the new AHL team in OKC average about 4,000 a game these days.

Add me as another RHI fan... Naturally, I was a huge Portland Rage fan. Still have a bunch of Rage memorabilia including a game puck, authentic '94 road jersey, programs, video of the championship game against Buffalo, ticket stub from the championship game, lots of newspaper clippings. Good times!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Ahhhhh... Roller Hockey International. Those were the days, huh? Professional roller hockey. Who'd a thunk it?

RHI 1993

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Calgary Rad'z

Connecticut Coasters (New Haven, CT)

Florida Hammerheads (Miami, FL)

Los Angeles Blades

Oakland Skates

Portland Rage

San Diego Barracudas

St. Louis Vipers

Toronto Planets

Utah Rollerbees (Sandy, UT)

Vancouver VooDoo

RHI 1994

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Atlanta Fire Ants

Buffalo Stampede

Calgary Rad'z

Chicago Cheetahs

Edmonton Sled Dogs

Florida Hammerheads (Miami, FL)

Las Vegas Flash

Los Angeles Blades

Minnesota Arctic Blast (Minneapolis, MN)

Montreal Roadrunners

New England Stingers (Portland, ME)

New Jersey Rockin' Rollers (East Rutherford, NJ)

Oakland Skates

Philadelphia Bulldogs

Phoenix Cobras

Pittsburgh Phantoms

Portland Rage

Sacramento River Rats

San Diego Barracudas

San Jose Rhinos

St. Louis Vipers

Tampa Bay Tritons (Tampa, FL)

Vancouver VooDoo

RHI 1995

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Buffalo Stampede

Chicago Cheetahs

Detroit Motor City Mustangs

Los Angeles Blades

Minnesota Blue Ox (Minneapolis, MN)

Montreal Roadrunners

Oakland Skates

Oklahoma Coyotes (Oklahoma City, OK)

Orlando Rollergators

Ottawa Loggers

Philadelphia Bulldogs

Phoenix Cobras

Sacramento River Rats

San Diego Barracudas

San Jose Rhinos

St. Louis Vipers

Vancouver VooDoo

RHI 1996

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Denver Daredevils

Empire State Cobras (Glens Falls, NY)

Long Island Jawz (Uniondale, NY)

Los Angeles Blades

Minnesota Arctic Blast (Minneapolis, MN)

Montreal Roadrunners

Oakland Skates

Oklahoma Coyotes (Oklahoma City, OK)

Orlando Jackals

Ottawa Loggers

Philadelphia Bulldogs

Sacramento River Rats

San Diego Barracudas

San Jose Rhinos

St. Louis Vipers

Vancouver VooDoo

RHI 1997

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Buffalo Wings

Los Angeles Blades

Montreal Roadrunners

Orlando Jackals

Ottawa Wheels

Sacramento River Rats

San Jose Rhinos

St. Louis Vipers

RHI 1999

Anaheim Bullfrogs

Buffalo Wings

Chicago Bluesmen

Dallas Stallions

Las Vegas Coyotes

Minnesota Blue Ox (MInneapolis, MN)

San Jose Rhinos

St. Louis Vipers

In retrospect, it is amazing that it lasted as long as it did.

Archived