Atlanta Falcons Alternate Logo

CAB

Well if anybody's actually wondering, I've ditched my MLB crossovers. Yeah I just can't seem to stay with something very long. So on to a logo! This was inspired by an Atlanta "third" uniform I did in the past, with wings on the helmet like the Eagles. I would link it but I'm too lazy right now. There was also a video in that thread which I based the wings off of, but now I decided to do a whole bird. I tried to make it similar to the primary logo, angular and aggressive looking. The bird seemed a little plain on it's own, so I added an A behind it. Oh and another thing, I'm not a huge fan of silver in the Falcons' color scheme, so I didn't use it in this concept.

falconsalt.png?1303267532

I'd like to hear what anybody thinks of this, or what can be improved.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Well if anybody's actually wondering, I've ditched my MLB crossovers. Yeah I just can't seem to stay with something very long. So on to a logo! This was inspired by an Atlanta "third" uniform I did in the past, with wings on the helmet like the Eagles. I would link it but I'm too lazy right now. There was also a video in that thread which I based the wings off of, but now I decided to do a whole bird. I tried to make it similar to the primary logo, angular and aggressive looking. The bird seemed a little plain on it's own, so I added an A behind it. Oh and another thing, I'm not a huge fan of silver in the Falcons' color scheme, so I didn't use it in this concept.

falconsalt.png?1303267532

I'd like to hear what anybody thinks of this, or what can be improved.

the bird probably needs to be brought down a bit but other than that, i say this one is a win. if you were doing a hocky/nfl cross over this would make a sweet sweater logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sam_the_Eagle.jpg

That was the first thing I thought if when I saw this. But the suggestions of make the falcon smaller and contained in the A and bring it down are spot on. Also I think the spread of the feathers on the wings needs to be tightened up a bit. And lose the side point on the top of the A, to make the A more unique have the top of the A mimic the top of the falcon head, if you want to add flair, add it to the bottom of the legs of the A.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Im not trying to steal your thunder, but I was curious to try a shape or two myself to give you an idea.

And quick google search brought this for reference of a head-on view of a peregrine falcon.

FalconCloseup.jpg

bufg.png

FGWB- that photo helped a lot! I was looking for one like that earlier but couldn't find anything.

So I think I improved the face (yes, the first one looked eerily similar to the Wallace and Gromit penguin). I also made the A narrower as suggested, I think that helped. I couldn't seem to do anything with the talons that looked right, so I just removed them completely. Here is the updated version on different colored backgrounds.

5647924356_77a05032a4_b.jpg

Thoughts?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I tried a couple of different options without the A behind it. That's including an ATL on the chest, which looks the best IMO. But what do you guys think? Better without the big A?

5650569354_ea5c900a88_b.jpg

First, let me say that I love the execution of this here. As others have said, the head could use some refinement, but on its own merit, I love the rendering of the project. The colors work very well with it also.

All that said...the idea of it seems backwards to me, and this is why: typically, when one thinks of raptors, I wouldn't think he or she would think of it rising in flight, but rather, swooping down. That's the type of attitude that best personifies birds of prey. That said, I would definitely hold onto this for use in another application, say, an identity for a team named the Thunderbirds or something like that. (You have no idea how many times that's happened to me...I come up with something for one team that I end up using for another team entirely...in that regard, what they say is true: the best ideas can happen by accident.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived