Fenway Park 100th Anniversary Logo

Wally1912

Unveiled by the Red Sox today

logo_fenway100_143x57.png

http://www.fenwaypark100.com

Screen-shot-2011-04-20-at-10.54.55-AM1-300x142.png

Official Fenway Park 2012 logo: The Fenway Park 2012 logo was officially unveiled at today’s announcement. It is a look that is timeless, contemporary and with a simplified direction that takes into consideration all the various elements inherent to Fenway Park. The keystone from the original 1912 façade that sits above Gate A acts as the primary backplate, and serves as a metaphor to speak to the relationship between Fenway Park and the Red Sox. The “FENWAY PARK” font and location are taken from the façade, and other fonts in the logo are taken from various signage around the park. The “100 YEARS” is housed in a backplate inspired by the Green Monster scoreboard.

The logo was designed by Michael Mikulec, an independent creative director and graphic designer, and a lifelong Red Sox fan. Michael’s career began at ESPN television, and his previous work has included developing brand identities for ABC, MTV, the CW and the NFL Network and, perhaps most notably, Michael's logo was selected as the official mark for NBC's coverage of the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He recently worked with the Red Sox production team to help develop their strategy for the new HD videoboards at Fenway Park.

fenway-park-100-years-logo.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple and effective.

Hate the Red Sox.

Agreed. Very nice logo. Does this make Fenway the first American stadium to reach the 100 year mark? I can't think of any older ballparks/stadiums off hand in the US.

Wrigley Field is the closest to Fenway built 2 years after in 1914.

True and it will undoubtedly reach the century mark as well, however for now I believe Fenway in addition to being America's oldest stadium is also the only one to get to the big 100.

Great logo. I'd expect nothing less, given thatthe Red Sox have done a tremendous job of promoting their ballpark since the 1999 ASG.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Yawn. Kinda bland isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I like simple, I was just expecting something a little more.

Are we gonna see this as a patch as well?

Shame we'll never see a Yankee Stadium 100 logo ;)

Not sure what qualifications you're using to determine oldest (baseball, professional, etc.) but Harvard Stadium opened in 1903. It even works as a pro stadium because the then Boston Patriots played there in 1970.

One season temporarily hosting a pro team does not make it a pro stadium.

Waiting for someone to say "IT'S TOO GREEN!!"

So I can call them an idiot.

That is simply way too much green. *waits for it*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Waiting for someone to say "IT'S TOO GREEN!!"

So I can call them an idiot.

That is simply way too much green. *waits for it*

IT'S BECAUSE THEY PLAY ON GRASS!!!........

...........RIGHT?!.............GRASS!!!.............

:P

bufg.png

Not sure what qualifications you're using to determine oldest (baseball, professional, etc.) but Harvard Stadium opened in 1903. It even works as a pro stadium because the then Boston Patriots played there in 1970.

Professional. Regular professional home. I wouldn't think Harvard would qualify as it is primarily a college stadium. But it is one of the only stadiums in the US older than Fenway (Pro or otherwise). Are there any older than Harvard?

Archived