Fenway Park 100th Anniversary Logo

Wally1912

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that logo will make it onto the jersey sleeves for 2012. What about the cap? A side panel patch or (like the Yankees in 2009) a patch on the rear that also incorporates the MLB logo? I hope they feature retro unis next season - either one they wear a few times or a set of them worn on Sunday home games or something. I want to see that red cap from 1975 in game action!

But yet, this is the Fenway Park logo thread, not the Childish Sports Trash Talk thread.

Oh, grow up.

I offered my opinion on the logo, then my personal feeling of the team.

I didn't "trash talk" anything or anyone.

bufg.png

Simple and effective.

Hate the Red Sox.

Agreed. Very nice logo. Does this make Fenway the first American stadium to reach the 100 year mark? I can't think of any older ballparks/stadiums off hand in the US.

There are several NCAA stadiums that have been around over 100 years. As far as pros,since Tiger stadium no longer exists, I'd say yes. It's sad to think how many teams have been through three or more stadiums since these guys opened Fenway. My Tribe have been through three. I'm glad this team took pride in teh origionality of their stadium and decided to keep it instead of moving into a new park

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Simple and effective.

Hate the Red Sox.

Agreed. Very nice logo. Does this make Fenway the first American stadium to reach the 100 year mark? I can't think of any older ballparks/stadiums off hand in the US.

There are several NCAA stadiums that have been around over 100 years. As far as pros,since Tiger stadium no longer exists, I'd say yes. It's sad to think how many teams have been through three or more stadiums since these guys opened Fenway. My Tribe have been through three. I'm glad this team took pride in teh origionality of their stadium and decided to keep it instead of moving into a new park

Hell some teams have been through 4 or 5 in the time the Sox have been in Fenway.

Wrigley Field is the closest to Fenway built 2 years after in 1914.

True and it will undoubtedly reach the century mark as well, however for now I believe Fenway in addition to being America's oldest stadium is also the only one to get to the big 100.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway opened in 1909, if you want to count that.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

True and it will undoubtedly reach the century mark as well, however for now I believe Fenway in addition to being America's oldest stadium is also the only one to get to the big 100.

You could, but racing isn't a sport.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Oh but it most certainly is. You try driving at 200mph in a firesuit that is hotter than hell on a track that is warmed up to 130 in the sun. Its a sport.

It also meets the analogy for getting laid requirement. 33 guys fighting each other to finish first.

Oh but it most certainly is. You try driving at 200mph in a firesuit that is hotter than hell on a track that is warmed up to 130 in the sun. Its a sport.

It also meets the analogy for getting laid requirement. 31 guys and 2 girls fighting each other to finish first.

Fixed your post.

Yawn. Kinda bland isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I like simple, I was just expecting something a little more.

Are we gonna see this as a patch as well?

Shame we'll never see a Yankee Stadium 100 logo ;)

If I had my choice I'd take a billion dollar state of the art New Yankee Stadium, over a dump like Fenway anyday...

It also meets the analogy for getting laid requirement. 33 guys fighting each other to finish first.

So driving my car to work in the middle of the summer is considered a sport??

cool, I do it all the time I should go pro

So driving my car to work in the middle of the summer is considered a sport??

cool, I do it all the time I should go pro

It counts if you only turn left.

bufg.png

Racing is definitely a sport. The standard debate is whether or not the drivers are 'athletes'.

Archived