La Liga side Getafe to get major rebrand

officeglenn

Some fairly major news today out of Europe, as Spanish Primera Division side Getafe have been bought by a firm out of Dubai and are set to be renamed "Getafe Team Dubai": ESPNSoccernet

No news on a new crest or sponsor, although it stands to reason they may drop Burger King and we may lose this modern masterpiece ...

getafe-09-10-joma-kits-2.jpg

Already getting a bad feeling about this just from the name...

Besides, how are they going to top these kits???

BK%20getafe4.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1248832645125

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Already getting a bad feeling about this just from the name...

Besides, how are they going to top these kits???

BK%20getafe4.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1248832645125

Those are ugly as sin.

I agree...just a touch of sarcasm.

I'm an In N' Out man myself.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm an In N' Out man myself.

So I've heard from the ladies.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ugh. I guess if that oil money wins them a La Liga title, but...they're probably trying to draw in Dubai fans with this side of theirs. We'll see, I guess.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M |Β RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors |Β USA: Front Range United |Β IFA: Toverit Helsinki |Β FOBL:Β Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National ChampionsΒ 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finalsΒ 2012, 2013, 2014Β Big 4 Conference Champions

Β 

Nah, oil money only wins World Cup bids.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Some fairly major news today out of Europe, as Spanish Primera Division side Getafe have been bought by a firm out of Dubai and are set to be renamed "Getafe Team Dubai": ESPNSoccernet

No news on a new crest or sponsor, although it stands to reason they may drop Burger King and we may lose this modern masterpiece ...

getafe-09-10-joma-kits-2.jpg

At least they didn't change it to something like "Dubai Football Club of Getafe of Madrid of Community of Madrid of Spain of Europe of the Eastern hemisphere of the World of the Milky Way Galaxy" like a cartain Baseball team in Southern California eh? :P

Archived