Tune In ASAP to Braves-Dodgers

BlueSky

The Braves on the other hand looked really sharp. Check out that zip up... huh zah!

Braves_Dodgers_Baseball.sff_212791_game.jpg

That is absoultely B-E-A-utiful. Tell ya what...switch out the Boston "B" on that cap with the current Atlanta "A", and call it a day. Stirrups and all - that's what the Braves should wear. I like the navy tomahawk wordmark seen here better than the current red tomahawk one, and did I mention the stirrups? :P In all seriousness, little changes to the uniform to make it similar to this would perfect the Braves' set, in my humble opinion.

The worst thing is that they will probably wear this crappy looking set next:

101961882_display_image.jpg?1298344068

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is absoultely B-E-A-utiful. Tell ya what...switch out the Boston "B" on that cap with the current Atlanta "A", and call it a day. Stirrups and all - that's what the Braves should wear. I like the navy tomahawk wordmark seen here better than the current red tomahawk one, and did I mention the stirrups? :P In all seriousness, little changes to the uniform to make it similar to this would perfect the Braves' set, in my humble opinion.

You sure the tomahawk is navy? Looks black to me. Definitely looks darker than the navy outline on Braves and on the stirrups.

It should be black - that's what they wore in both Boston and Milwaukee.

After a second look, I think you guys are right - the tomahawk does look black. I always thought it was navy, it just made sense for it be navy at least :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Both uniforms are gorgeous. The Dodgers is not as gorgeous as the original satin versions they wore in 1944 which I have seen, but it still looks good. And yes, Clayton Kershaw looks horrible! By the way, every Wednesday afternoon at home the Dodgers will wear these against their opponents who will wear throwback uniforms also. So check the Dodgers schedule for weekday afternoon home games and you can watch beautiful uniforms all year long.

You sure the tomahawk is navy? Looks black to me. Definitely looks darker than the navy outline on Braves and on the stirrups.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the tomahawk on the vintage Braves unis for Boston and Milwaukee was black.

You guys are funny...the tomahawk is clearly black in this pic that appeared earlier in the thread...

braves.jpg

It is 100% black. Same applies to their belt and under the brim of their ballcap (on some of the players). Navy and black go hand-in-hand. The US Navy's peacoat and winter uniforms are officially called navy blue, but as a prior Navy sailor myself (crossed over in 2001)...they are 100% black.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Yup...I already admitted I was wrong a few posts back... :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As mentioned, put the "home cap" back on the road, change the black to navy (for consistency) and swap out Braves with Atlanta and that would be one hell of a look. Button up of course. Hell, I think even the navy tomahawk would look awesome on the homes. It would kind of help seperate the red wordmark from the currently red tomahawk.

It is 100% black. Same applies to their belt and under the brim of their ballcap (on some of the players). Navy and black go hand-in-hand. The US Navy's peacoat and winter uniforms are officially called navy blue, but as a prior Navy sailor myself (crossed over in 2001)...they are 100% black.

Wait - are you saying that navy and black go together, or that they're often substituted for one another? In either case, I'd completely disagree. Navy and black clash (especially when the materials are similar) and there is a clear distinction between a true navy blue and black. The shade of blue that some teams are using these days seems to be a little darker than what most of us would consider a true navy, but in most cases it's clearly distinguishable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait - are you saying that navy and black go together, or that they're often substituted for one another? In either case, I'd completely disagree. Navy and black clash (especially when the materials are similar) and there is a clear distinction between a true navy blue and black. The shade of blue that some teams are using these days seems to be a little darker than what most of us would consider a true navy, but in most cases it's clearly distinguishable.

NOT go together, but they are often substituted. Disagree all you want, but it happens all the time. The US Navy is a perfect example of practicing this. To me, navy and black are clearly different.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Is he referring the the US Navy and black going hand-in-hand, or the color navy? With all the comments about the military, I'm not sure what he means.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That black throwback tomahawk is beautiful. The Braves, in my opinion, should use it full time. As well as substitute out the rest of the navy blue for black.

I'd agree with that, but I'd prefer a very dark navy to black. Like almost black but not exactly there.

Archived