Tune In ASAP to Braves-Dodgers

BlueSky

It is 100% black. Same applies to their belt and under the brim of their ballcap (on some of the players). Navy and black go hand-in-hand. The US Navy's peacoat and winter uniforms are officially called navy blue, but as a prior Navy sailor myself (crossed over in 2001)...they are 100% black.

Wait - are you saying that navy and black go together, or that they're often substituted for one another? In either case, I'd completely disagree. Navy and black clash (especially when the materials are similar) and there is a clear distinction between a true navy blue and black. The shade of blue that some teams are using these days seems to be a little darker than what most of us would consider a true navy, but in most cases it's clearly distinguishable.

NOT go together, but they are often substituted. Disagree all you want, but it happens all the time. The US Navy is a perfect example of practicing this. To me, navy and black are clearly different.

Well you need more than the US Navy as an example to support "all the time".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Navy-Black thing, there have been some cases like this...

Reggie-Miller.jpg

...where navy and black could easily get mixed up. I seriously didn't realize the Pacers were really Navy and Gold, rather than Black and Gold, until I was around 12 or 13. It could just be my personal eyesight, but I mix up shades like that often, usually when paired with Gold for some reason.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Reggie-Miller.jpg

...where navy and black could easily get mixed up. I seriously didn't realize the Pacers were really Navy and Gold, rather than Black and Gold, until I was around 12 or 13. It could just be my personal eyesight, but I mix up shades like that often, usually when paired with Gold for some reason.

Georgia Tech played those same tricks on my eyes.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Reggie-Miller.jpg

Georgia Tech helps this by selling merchandise in both black and navy even though they're supposed to be navy & vegas gold.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That black throwback tomahawk is beautiful. The Braves, in my opinion, should use it full time. As well as substitute out the rest of the navy blue for black.

I'd agree with that, but I'd prefer a very dark navy to black. Like almost black but not exactly there.

So what the Yankees use, basically.

I don't know. I like the red tomahawk just fine. The stripes on the socks are cool, because we always need more stripes on socks, but other than that I think everything should look like the TBS Dynasty looked. Yes, vertical-arched names, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When I first came here to this site, I created a Braves concept with a black tomahawk and mentioned that it was a look back at the old uniforms. Several members jumped all over me and swore that the tomahawk was never black and that I was just an idiot noob. Where the hell were you guys then? ;)

When I first came here to this site, I created a Braves concept with a black tomahawk and mentioned that it was a look back at the old uniforms. Several members jumped all over me and swore that the tomahawk was never black and that I was just an idiot noob. Where the hell were you guys then? ;)

You should have called us. :P

I definitely think the Braves should stay navy and red, just make the tomahawk navy. If you look at the front of their uniforms now, there's a lot of red trimmed in navy: script, tomahawk and even the piping (numbers too but they're only on the back). Having a navy tomahawk would help distinguish one element from another. And create some some balance. You have the navy NOB so a navy tomahawk could do the same on the front.

It is 100% black. Same applies to their belt and under the brim of their ballcap (on some of the players). Navy and black go hand-in-hand. The US Navy's peacoat and winter uniforms are officially called navy blue, but as a prior Navy sailor myself (crossed over in 2001)...they are 100% black.

Wait - are you saying that navy and black go together, or that they're often substituted for one another? In either case, I'd completely disagree. Navy and black clash (especially when the materials are similar) and there is a clear distinction between a true navy blue and black. The shade of blue that some teams are using these days seems to be a little darker than what most of us would consider a true navy, but in most cases it's clearly distinguishable.

NOT go together, but they are often substituted. Disagree all you want, but it happens all the time. The US Navy is a perfect example of practicing this. To me, navy and black are clearly different.

Well you need more than the US Navy as an example to support "all the time".

Nah

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

So the Navy does it. One example does not equate to "all the time."

my police department does the same.

mixing and matching navy as if they're the same.

and the longer you wear the uniform, the more the colors fade to about the same thing anyway. lol.

and the longer you wear the uniform, the more the colors fade to about the same thing anyway. lol.

Exactly. Some people just want to disagree for no other reason than that's there thing on here. :P:blink:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Exactly. Some people just want to disagree for no other reason than that's there thing on here. :P:blink:

"Hello, Kettle. This is the Pot."

^ and here we go.... <_<

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

^ and here we go.... <_<

Bud-Light-6pack-Bottles2-283x300.jpg[

^ and here we go.... <_<

Bud-Light-6pack-Bottles2-283x300.jpg[

carl-weathers.jpg

lol

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Reggie-Miller.jpg

Georgia Tech helps this by selling merchandise in both black and navy even though they're supposed to be navy & vegas gold.

Actually, they're supposed to be gold and white. Blue is a varsity sport accent color, and black is a club sport accent.

You said "all the time" and provided one example. If you're going to say something like that, you should be prepared to back it up. It's not "disagreeing" - it's asking you to defend what you typed. If you were correct, you should have no problem doing it. You really don't know how a discussion works, do you?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You said "all the time" and provided one example. If you're going to say something like that, you should be prepared to back it up. It's not "disagreeing" - it's asking you to defend what you typed. If you were correct, you should have no problem doing it. You really don't know how a discussion works, do you?

My example was good enough. It showed exactly how navy blue and black was intertwined and opened the door for others to share their experiences (i.e. the police uniform). I don't HAVE to defend anything on here. This is a free forum, chica. So chill.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived