Tune In ASAP to Braves-Dodgers

BlueSky

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem, Johnny, is that once you admit to starting fights and fanning flames for amusement, your subsequent posts have to be held to high scrutiny.

It''s either that or stop taking any of your posts seriously.

I don't start fights, I just find it amusing how bent out of shape people get when others don't think exactly like they do. That's all. Once I see that, of course I'm going to slap a heavy dose of sarcasm into the thread. But I've been a member of this forum for about 2 years and I've only started posting recently, but I've noticed over the years how it is the same 4 or 5 people that seem to argue, bash, or simply disagree to almost every thread for no real good reason. It's like the 2 grumpy old men in the theater on the Muppet Show. Like I said, I've noticed this for a few years. It's kinda funny cause it seems every forum (CC, FanNation, CBS Sportsline, and etc) always has those few token "grumpy" people. Cracks me up, but hey, that's the beauty of human nature.

:P

Now back to those gorgeous Braves throwback!!!! By the way, I'm not a baseball player, but what's the deal with some players preferring the expose the socks versus those that ensure their pants are completely over them? Is it a comfort thing? A performance thing? I always find that interesting.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

One example does not equal "all the time."

This is a fact. Arguing against that is like arguing against 2 + 2 = 5.

You do not know how to argue. You do not know how to debate. Hell - you do not even know how to have an intelligent discussion. If you can't even communicate with people on the internet, I'd really hate to see your interactions with people in real life.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now back to those gorgeous Braves throwback!!!! By the way, I'm not a baseball player, but what's the deal with some players preferring the expose the socks versus those that ensure their pants are completely over them? Is it a comfort thing? A performance thing? I always find that interesting.

When I played in high school I preferred the baggy to the ankles look. It was a comfort thing. Kershaw takes it a little to far though :P

When I played in high school I preferred the baggy to the ankles look. It was a comfort thing. Kershaw takes it a little to far though :P

I always thought the high socks were more comfortable, and plus they look a whole lot better. Ever since I started playing baseball I always wore my socks high, my teammates in high school even gave me the nickname of "socks."

jNTsTyQ.png

I always wore my socks high too. I know the high socks are what fans prefer but some players just like the pants look. Trends always come back though. There will be a time where most players are wearing the high socks again I'm sure.

I always wore my socks high too. I know the high socks are what fans prefer but some players just like the pants look. Trends always come back though. There will be a time where most players are wearing the high socks again I'm sure.

Too bad MLB doesn't regulate that. I prefer the socks exposed, but I prefer even more when the entire team looks the same.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

So we have one league (NFL) that regulates socks but not sleeves, and another league (MLB) that regulates sleeves but not socks.

I agree that uniformity is important. That being said, I think it should be up to the individual club to determine how they want to look (long pants, short pants, medium pants) as long as each player is dressed the same (within reason of course.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kershaw looks ridiculous with the low pants.

x610u.jpg

So glad that Manny is no longer a Dodger. Imagine HIS pants.

The Braves look incredible, better than the current uniforms (not cap). The Dodgers had a good idea, bad execution.

87Redskins.png

CALLING GOTHAMITE...

Is the Dodgers' B on these hats the correct version? It's hard to tell from Kerhaw's picture, don't know if you've seen another one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

CALLING GOTHAMITE...

Is the Dodgers' B on these hats the correct version? It's hard to tell from Kerhaw's picture, don't know if you've seen another one.

You rang?

In a word, no. They're using two different logos for these throwback games - one on the helmets, another on the caps - and neither were historically correct for the Dodgers at all, much less 1944.

I'll post a comparison later, when I'm not on my phone.

CALLING GOTHAMITE...

You rang?

In a word, no. They're using two different logos for these throwback games - one on the helmets, another on the caps - and neither were historically correct for the Dodgers at all, much less 1944.

I'll post a comparison later, when I'm not on my phone.

I used the red phone...and it worked!

Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling it was a tad wrong, just wanted to get confirmation.

Anubis, thanks for posting the picture of the hat; Ice, I like the picture, works perfect for the man from Gotham.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

CALLING GOTHAMITE...

More accurate than a lot of the crap on sale as dodgers hats these days:

pMLB2-9906607dt.jpg

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11413012&cp=1452355.1452790

That's the cap the Dodgers wore on the field:

5640898053_75006dbe67_b.jpg

They wore a slightly different "B" on their batting helmets:

5642648791_16e6638b8a_o.png

Neither one is historically accurate.

The Cubs joined in on the fun with the Dodgers yesterday. The striped sleeves were a nice touch, but I wish the Cubbies wnt with stirrups instead of football socks. A few of them had solid blue socks instead of the ones with red stripes.

x800.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x800.jpg

Archived