Favorite Basketball Warm Ups

mmejia

Admittedly, I stole this idea from the 2011-12 NBA thread, but I thought it was a cool idea. The post referenced basketball warm-ups potentially being as identifiable to a team as much as a uniform. In some cases, this is almost true. Here are my favorites:

Indiana's candy stripe pants

45856.jpg

Boston's nameplate

0292_1_lg.jpg

Lakers Jacket

magicjohnson_2.jpg

These were my favorite. From the Armon Gilliam era.

I shudder to think that Armon Gilliam had an era.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm trying to find the pic, but I believe the New Orleans Jazz had some pretty cool warm ups back in the day.

bacfd68c-e80c-4578-80ec-e69056c78a24_lg.jpeg8f4030a8-f02b-406a-ad94-63f9c0ad506e_lg.jpeg

or... perhaps you meant:

0139_1_lg.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I saw these in person:

smith_240_spurs.jpg

I don't mean to get too off topic with this, but this is the perfect example of why I prefer the Spurs' overall identity in the 90's over today's. They seemed to really embrace the southwestern culture then, and it made for a very appealing identity. I didn't mind that thier uniforms didn't feature any of the southwestern colors, because I feel the logo, court, and warmups already established that identity well (it helped that the uniforms were sharp as they were, anyways). Now that EVERYTHING is silver and black, it's kind of a dull identity now. Like I said, I don't mind the uniforms as they are, but I do wish the southwestern colors carried over into thier logo update. The current logo in the southwestern colors would be sweet.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I miss these. I was wondering, is there a warm up template and has any one designed any warm ups to go with the current NBA uniforms?

I also dig the early 90s Pacers, 80s Bucks and the 70s-80s NY Knicks.

I enjoyed seeing the different warm ups at the All Star game player intros as well.

Archived