Sports Books

chrysleraspen08

The Glory Of Their Times - Lawrence S. Ritter

Love, love, love that book. Ritter's telling of Goose Goslin's HOF induction and ejection and his account of finding Sam Crawford are superb.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Two books by Terry Pluto...

A really good book for basketball fans. Well, I think even non-basketball fans would even enjoy this one:

Loose Balls: The Short, Wild Life of the American Basketball Association

He's written a companion book about the golden days of the NBA, but I haven't read that one yet:

Tall Tales: The Glory Years of the NBA, in the Words of the Men Who Played, Coached, and Built Pro Basketball

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Whatever that Sports Science book is, by John Brenkus.

And the NCAA encyclopedias, from ESPN. and the Baseball Encylopedia. Statistics :wub:

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

The Glory Of Their Times - Lawrence S. Ritter

Love, love, love that book. Ritter's telling of Goose Goslin's HOF induction and ejection and his account of finding Sam Crawford are superb.

I definitely enjoyed Glory of Their Times.

Check out Crazy '08 by Cait Murphy.

I absolutely loved this book. I am now into the deadball era (or, really, anything pre WWII) and this book sent me down that path. It's about the 1908 baseball season...not specifically about the Cubs' last World Series title, but just the bizarre things that occurred all year and how strange MLB was at the time.

I'll add:

-The Blind Side by (forgot first name) Lewis. The movie that you may have seen is pretty true to the story of Michael Oher, but the chapters alternate between that story and the tale of how the left tackle became such an important position. I learned a lot about football from that book.

-Baseball biographies: Ty Cobb, Satchel Paige, and Roberto Clemente. All three fascinating people (on and off the field) for various reasons.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived