NBA Concept Championships

blase

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he made it clear to me that the logo wasn't his when he sent it through. The concept challenge it only for the uniforms.

Ah, I see. It probably should have been mentioned in the original post though. Anyway, nice to see that at least some people actually do give credit on here.

And now that I know that credit was given, my vote goes to the Nets. See? I'm not some mean "grizzly bear" after all. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Damn, I've hit a snag! I've tried to add another poll question, which I can do, but anyone who has already voted can't vote on the new poll question. Unless someone has a bright idea I'll have to create a new thread for each matchup. Don't want to overtake the forum but can't think of another solution.

If you do create more threads, I'd suggest trying to see if you could get them pinned temporarily. Just so they wouldn't overtake all other threads like you mentioned.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I wonder if the best thing to do might be to wait until all the concepts are in (six are in already) and then chuck them all in a 'Part 2' thread and put all the remainig concepts in there and have the polls set up right from the start.

The Nets/Pistons poll with still close in a couple days.

Gonna go with neither of the Nets-Pistons matchup...the blandness of the Nets bores me and the Pistons' yoke is outta-bounds with no reasoning.

However, top marks to the Thunder uni concept (though I'm sure some die-hard Sonics fans are a bit miffed, lol). If I could, I would vote for all 3 of those.

Gonna go with neither of the Nets-Pistons matchup...the blandness of the Nets bores me and the Pistons' yoke is outta-bounds with no reasoning.

How would anyone advance if everyone voted "none"?

Just pretend it is the Presidential election and pick the one you dislike the least. :D

I voted for the Nets, I like the "bland" classic look.

87Redskins.png

I don't mean to sound stuck up or anything, especially because my concept isn't that good and most likely won't make it past the second round, but could we have some sort of mercy rule? Like if you are leading by 30 or more posts in each category after 24 hours, than we move on? And then it could be 20 votes after 48 hours. I think it could save some serious time and get this thing moving along so the seemingly everlasting NBA playoffs actually don't finish before this. :wacko:

As for the skier14 - CAB matchup, it is a tough break that one of you will not be advancing. These are both solid concepts. I will probably vote for skier14, but only because I do not like the Sonics-esque uniform fronts (even if the Thunder used to be Seattle). I would definitely vote for CAB if he went with the same design, striping and front wise, as the alt. The banishment of navy is great, and that alt is BEAUTIFUL!

25yzwqg.png

To CAB, if you got rid of the sonic's thing, and just had the words normally, but still used that design, it would be great.

Yep. I would vote for it in a heartbeat. Too bad this isn't a regular concept thread; he could have fixed that...

25yzwqg.png

I don't mean to sound stuck up or anything, especially because my concept isn't that good and most likely won't make it past the second round, but could we have some sort of mercy rule? Like if you are leading by 30 or more posts in each category after 24 hours, than we move on? And then it could be 20 votes after 48 hours. I think it could save some serious time and get this thing moving along so the seemingly everlasting NBA playoffs actually don't finish before this. :wacko:

As for the skier14 - CAB matchup, it is a tough break that one of you will not be advancing. These are both solid concepts. I will probably vote for skier14, but only because I do not like the Sonics-esque uniform fronts (even if the Thunder used to be Seattle). I would definitely vote for CAB if he went with the same design, striping and front wise, as the alt. The banishment of navy is great, and that alt is BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah I actually thinking of something like that to speed things up and I don't want this to go stale. It's not an issue at the moment because people need time to get their intitial ideas in.

I'll change timeframes for when I post all the remaining concepts. Can I get people's feedback on what would be reasonable? e.g Polls open for 48 hours max but can finish early if two out of the three uniforms have 25 more votes than it's competitor.Currently the Nets home has 24 more votes than the Pistons, the away has 26 more votes and the alt has 22 more votes. So if the above was the case, one more vote for the Nets home and anythingchicago would win.

Happy for feedback. Change the poll to 24 hours, drop the spread to 20???? If no-one chips in, I'll probably just run with 48 hours and 25 vote spread.

Yeah I actually thinking of something like that to speed things up and I don't want this to go stale. It's not an issue at the moment because people need time to get their intitial ideas in.

I'll change timeframes for when I post all the remaining concepts. Can I get people's feedback on what would be reasonable? e.g Polls open for 48 hours max but can finish early if two out of the three uniforms have 25 more votes than it's competitor.Currently the Nets home has 24 more votes than the Pistons, the away has 26 more votes and the alt has 22 more votes. So if the above was the case, one more vote for the Nets home and anythingchicago would win.

Happy for feedback. Change the poll to 24 hours, drop the spread to 20???? If no-one chips in, I'll probably just run with 48 hours and 25 vote spread.

I say it all depends on whether you can have multiple matchups going on at one time. If so, the 48 hours would be reasonable I think. If we have to go one-by-one, though, I would shorten it to 24.

It can really just be a judgment call on your part, blase. If its obvious one person isnt coming back, just move on. Concepts don't rally and gain momentum like players on a playoff team can. This first matchup, for example, is pretty much decided

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It can really just be a judgment call on your part, blase. If its obvious one person isnt coming back, just move on. Concepts don't rally and gain momentum like players on a playoff team can. This first matchup, for example, is pretty much decided

I agree. And I mean, there are only so many people on this forum. Not many more votes can come, let alone over 25 straight in 3 categories, with no votes to the other 3 that are leading by a large margin. It's kind of a waste of time. Also, I'm pretty sure YessSir32 would agree with me. I doubt he wants to look at those numbers any longer. ;)

25yzwqg.png

I agree. And I mean, there are only so many people on this forum. Not many more votes can come, let alone over 25 straight in 3 categories, with no votes to the other 3 that are leading by a large margin. It's kind of a waste of time. Also, I'm pretty sure YessSir32 would agree with me. I doubt he wants to look at those numbers any longer. ;)

Yes, I agree. I understand I'm not coming back, so it's fine to call it done. Yes, AnythingChicago, I don't like the numbers. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived