Best and Worst College football uniforms

thespleenenator

For worst, you could have just put anything non traditional and it would have sufficed (that doesn't mean that the uniforms you chose were good however).

I could have, but I don't hate all of them like Texas Tech and North Texas. And really, boring uniforms, while boring, don't actively offend my eyes. A bad modern uniform however is very often very bad such as the ones I listed.

Those would have looked a billion times nicer with blue pants.

Agreed. Even white pants (which we know they have as well) would have been better.

That was fantastic. If anybody could pull off the Camo look, it's the freaking Army.

They looked good when it was camo helmets, pants, and numbers. The all-camo was overkill to me.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Red Wolf

I'm an oregon fan. You get used to getting your eyes burned.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

For worst, you could have just put anything non traditional and it would have sufficed (that doesn't mean that the uniforms you chose were good however).

I could have, but I don't hate all of them like Texas Tech and North Texas. And really, boring uniforms, while boring, don't actively offend my eyes. A bad modern uniform however is very often very bad such as the ones I listed.

Pretty much. I'm not particularly a huge fan of Alabama's jerseys & I don't go crazy for Penn State, but if a team goes out there in some stupid color combination or has piping that looks like a mix between 2001 Miami & the Denver Broncos, I'm gonna have a fit on the keyboard. :P But seriously, I agree. Boring uniforms are just that; boring. But an ugly modern uniform is an eyesore. That's why, IMO, if you can find a happy medium between a modern look & a classic football look, you will have hit the mark when it comes to uniform design (Arizona's the first college football team to come to mind.)

That was fantastic. If anybody could pull off the Camo look, it's the freaking Army.

I just don't understand how Trent Steelman found his recievers down field. It baffles me :rolleyes:

rimshot.gif

giving some credit to the small programs....Baldwin-Wallace, outstanding

we5901112cjpg-260ff3ecd0991ea7_medium.jpg

pete_taylor_mtu.jpg

Well it may not be a great uniform, but the fact that they could pull off Brown and Yellow is amazing.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

pete_taylor_mtu.jpg

kind of funny you bring up jim tressel's alma mater on a day like today

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

pete_taylor_mtu.jpg

kind of funny you bring up jim tressel's alma mater on a day like today

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

yeah, but it's like i said on twitter though, what SUCCESSFUL Ohio State coach has just left on his own terms? The answer is none. Paul Brown, Woody Hayes, Earl Bruce, Jim Tressel?

and with this whole situation, I'll wait until after all of this is solved or whatever to make my judgement.

oh, and the first picture even uses tressel's number when he was the qb there

Worst:

New Mexico St.

034.jpg

Can't show that picture without also mentioning how awful those Nevada uniforms are.

True. Funny thing is how much people liked 'em when Miami wore 'em though. Also, why can't Nevada find a facemask that matches the rest of the gray they use (or vice versa)?

California's last uniform picture had the worst pants stripes ever.

ESBTSSIASKIYFDT.20090601151446.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the current "folder-tab" striping in general. Wouldn't mind seeing Boise adopt the ProCombat look full time.

From what I know, they more or less are (going to the home and road versions of their bowl uniform from last season).

Best:

Texas

Navy

Penn St.

Miami

Alabama

Worst:

Florida State

Virginia Tech

TCU

Auburn

USC

Are you sure these aren't just schools you like and schools you don't like?

Best:

Texas

Navy

Penn St.

Miami

Alabama

Worst:

Florida State

Virginia Tech

TCU

Auburn

USC

Are you sure these aren't just schools you like and schools you don't like?

Nope. Well, of course I like the Miami jerseys, but other than that no, its about designs. I dislike Penn st. and Alabama, but I do find their jerseys nice. On the other hand I like USC and have nothing against TCU or VT or Auburn, but I just think their jerseys are not so nice.

As for Florida St. yeah I dislike them but the jerseys are not bad, I just think their jersey collar is awful. I do like their Basketball jerseys though.

:)

*meta-puke* Wow, those are terrible. Also think these were baaaaaaaaaaad:

Miami-Pro-Combat3.jpg

I want to add a favorite for a couple of reasons:

RackMultipart.12472.0_display_image.jpg?1262363195

Great color combination. Not overdone. Helmet is classy (not many red facemasks in division 1) and stickers are a plus. Plus I like the trim on the jersey with the Seminole-print. Nice touch!

Go Cougs.

Miami-Pro-Combat3.jpg

Great color combination. Not overdone. Helmet is classy (not many red facemasks in division 1) and stickers are a plus. Plus I like the trim on the jersey with the Seminole-print. Nice touch!

Nothing wrong with FSU's, but I think it is very overrated. Very 90s. Solid shirt. Solid pants. Unique trim on jersey. Logo on one hip of pants.

FSU, TCU, A&M and many others did the exact same thing.

California's last uniform picture had the worst pants stripes ever.

ESBTSSIASKIYFDT.20090601151446.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the current "folder-tab" striping in general. Wouldn't mind seeing Boise adopt the ProCombat look full time.

From what I know, they more or less are (going to the home and road versions of their bowl uniform from last season).

Excellent!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Miami-Pro-Combat3.jpg

Nothing wrong with FSU's, but I think it is very overrated. Very 90s. Solid shirt. Solid pants. Unique trim on jersey. Logo on one hip of pants.

FSU, TCU, A&M and many others did the exact same thing.

the Seminole head logo is on both hips, and it's a look that goes back to the 80s.

FSU2.gif

Archived