Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

Ohio's Uniform history has never been too radical, which is a good thing. The one that pops up in my mind is from the mid-90's, when the Attack Cat was first released. They put a extra large version of it on the leg. I'll try to do some research for the rest of the MAC for you, but it looks like you have BG and Akron covered already.

1304197086.png

There's a big picture of that uniform on the wall at Redbrick and I always thought it looked silly how large the logo was on the pants. I think our current uniforms are the best they've worn with the current helmet, but I'll vote the set they used my freshman year was bad.

Ohio%20Bobcats.JPG

The players always looked like they were at practice. Too bland.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akron Zips Jason Taylor era

ncf_taylor_412.jpg

ncf_taylor2_412.jpg

No way! The stuff they wear now is SO much worse.

AGREED. Absolute crap. Pretty much anyone who wore adidas' crappy tusk uniform (Michigan, Arkansas, LOU-Monroe and others) are on the worst dressed list.

They don't have the tusks but they did have the recent adidas unis before TechFit rolled out. They still look horrible. And Notre Dame's Faust era uni's were brought over to Akron after he left Notre Dame. Only difference being the A logo on Taylor's helmet.

Akron doesn't have the "tusk" jersey, the pants are the same but the jersey is a lot different.

They still looked like crap in their current get up, though you are correct they are not the tusk jerseys

Oh well most people loved them here. But chances are they will be going techfit like all the rest of the adidas schools...

Now I'm not a Virginia Tech fan by any means but I like them enough to root for them and play with them on NCAA Football if my friends and I ever have a tournament (no one plays with Alabama so I have to pick a different team) but I always though their all maroon uniforms in this style jersey looked awful. First off, the piping doesn't match from the jersey onto the pants. Secondly, you can't really tell in that picture but the actual jersey will turn so dark that it looks black from the player's sweat and then it doesn't even match the pants. I just find that combo to be far worse then any other uniform they have worn. I actually liked the 2010 Pro Combats for a one time thing and the orange sleeve was bad but it looked better on Tech then it did Florida and Miami.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ohio's Uniform history has never been too radical, which is a good thing. The one that pops up in my mind is from the mid-90's, when the Attack Cat was first released. They put a extra large version of it on the leg. I'll try to do some research for the rest of the MAC for you, but it looks like you have BG and Akron covered already.

1304197086.png

There's a big picture of that uniform on the wall at Redbrick and I always thought it looked silly how large the logo was on the pants. I think our current uniforms are the best they've worn with the current helmet, but I'll vote the set they used my freshman year was bad.

Ohio%20Bobcats.JPG

Nice! a Red Brick reference (graduated last June, miss Athens everyday) And I completely agree that the current uniforms are the way to go. Didn't really mind the previous Adidas Jerseys, but Russell has definitely made improvements.

x0y5nq.png

More MAC schools...

Central Michigan - that piping is horrendous and the numbers are unreadable.

centralmichigan.jpg

Eastern Michigan - a blatant ripoff of the Jets. Even the helmet logo was a Jets ripoff.

emu052f.jpg

Ball State - really ugly mismatched piping.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Ball+State+lHcQ46p6IDul.jpg

Toledo - the font is hideous and those numbers would be visible from space.

2010-Toledo-Football-Jerseys.jpg

Kent State - another case of ugly, unnecessary piping.

HC%20football.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think it's the exact opposite of a BFBS situation with FSU's black uni. Black may not be a dominant color in their scheme normally, but it's paying direct homage to the Seminole tribe, which the university has a great relationship with. There's a specific reason why they chose to wear the black uniforms, with the painfully ironic "Unconquered" going down one leg. If they just randomly chose to add an all black uniform, then that'd be BFBS. It's not BFBS, it's BFSS.

Yes, to sell more uniforms and excite players/recruits. The rest is all a BS cover.

If you believe that FSU really chose black to honor the Seminole tribe, you must also believe TCU wore black to honor breast cancer victims and SMU wore black to honor the military.

C'mon, man!

Of course selling more merchandise is always part of the equation, but that's beside my point entirely. They didn't just choose black out of thin air, as some had said. There was a specific reason why black was chosen, not just BFBS, or just to sell jerseys.

I don't know anything about TCU's or SMU's situation, so don't assume that I think a certain way.

You missed my point entirely. C'mon, man!

Of course they didn't choos black out of thin air. They also didn't choose it because it had anything to do with the Seminole indian tribe. Nike had been bugging them to do it for a while and they finally gave in. Same with Texas basketball when they played Duke in MSG. Sure, they said it was to celebrate 100 years of Texas basketball, but everyone with a brain knew what it was really for.

Florida State's worst:

362575.jpg

Um, no. You ever seen the all mustard yellow worn in the 70s?

I think the all-black was visually appealing, but it was black for the sake of black, though FSU attempted to tie it into the Seminole Nation flag. So I'm gonna nominate these as the worst. Didn't like the jersey trim at all.

1209_large.jpg

It's actually not BFBS. The Tribe proposed the idea to FSU/Nike first actually, IIRC. The final design was settled on by the University but the initial ideas were tossed around by members of the tribe.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

More MAC schools...

Central Michigan - that piping is horrendous and the numbers are unreadable.

centralmichigan.jpg

Eastern Michigan - a blatant ripoff of the Jets. Even the helmet logo was a Jets ripoff.

emu052f.jpg

Ball State - really ugly mismatched piping.

Eastern+Michigan+v+Ball+State+lHcQ46p6IDul.jpg

HC%20football.jpg

Kent State I actually liked because it was different from everyone else. The piping was not that bad. The current set is a standard Nike uniform so they blend in with everyone else.

Toledo's current unis would be awesome if they fixed the numbers. Replaced an equally ugly outfit

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

More like read from Earth.

Stupid joke is stupid.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

More MAC schools...

HC%20football.jpg

If anyone can find a picture of it, the yellow/gold uniform they wore around 2004 or 2005 makes any of their recent uniforms look like a work of art

1304197086.png

Ohio%20Bobcats.JPG

Nice! a Red Brick reference (graduated last June, miss Athens everyday) And I completely agree that the current uniforms are the way to go. Didn't really mind the previous Adidas Jerseys, but Russell has definitely made improvements.

Me too, and me too. I lived at 112 East State street my last two years and spent most of my time at either Redbrick, CI, The Junction (roommate was bartender), or the balcony above Subway.

PvO6ZWJ.png

More MAC schools...

HC%20football.jpg

If anyone can find a picture of it, the yellow/gold uniform they wore around 2004 or 2005 makes any of their recent uniforms look like a work of art

Found it:

a22ff0eb5e0f1e1e2164091217eae9a0fdd144ca.jpg?x=208&y=359&sig=1791720a00c634adc8166437ec43b4ba

I think the Chargers rip off wins for Kent State.

Good posts by everyone. The ACC is completely done in my book. Now it's time to get the Big XII

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

I think the Chargers rip off wins for Kent State.

Good posts by everyone. The ACC is completely done in my book. Now it's time to get the Big XII

Baylor

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

The worst for Iowa State is current set. Ripped off USC on the pants and the gray facemask (which looks completely out of place). The current set is far worse than the late 90s set.

5961992-LAS-NEBRASKA-IOWA-STATE-FOOTBALL-11_06_2010-20.08.59_display_image.jpg?1303268594

Worst look for Kansas State in last 20+ years is the all-purple with band-aid sleeve stripes.

nebraska_kansas_st_fo_bere5_crop_650x440.jpg?1286465502

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived