Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn is hard one. they really never go wrong, but I will say if I have to choose (which...I do) I'd say the orange facemasks always looked a little odd to me. Maybe it's because I was born in 1990 and am used to 1) drop shadow numbers and 2) facemasks that blend in more

so the orange ones always look cheap. I know some Auburn fans love them though. For instance, they kind of look really nice in this painting

Auburn_Tigers_au22_large.jpg

I'm trying to find a photo of them in their orange jerseys. Only proof I have is the "Glory Glory" UGA 1980 book that is sitting at my desk.

:EDIT:

nevermind!

FAMU is easy:

slideshow_1281954_famu.0927_08.jpg

Virginia Tech with the techy numbers, black uni, and awkward striping takes the cake:

45443_boise_st_va_tech_football.jpg

Syracuse all orange is just shocking:

syracuse-football-uniform.jpg

Whatever these Montana ones are:

football.jpg

Miami pro combat:

Nike_College_Football_Uniforms_NYMA118.large.jpg

SJ State:

pg2_g_carlson1_sw_600.jpg

Not sure if it counts, but here is Notre Dame in all gold in a spring game a while back:

schiccatano-042603-lg.jpg

Boise State:

smurfturf.jpg

The late-'90s look. The helmet script was clearly an attempt to rip off the Gators, there's no striping anywhere, and the wordmark was gigantic. They looked like a low-budget Pop Warner team. It didn't help matters that they had to wear this ridiculously cartoony and ugly conference logo:

BigWestConference_100.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

FAMU is easy:

I was at this game. FAMU was ugly as sin, but IMO TSU was almost as bad with the white numbers. I was in the club section & unless I saw their sleeve numbers from the side, I couldn't make out their numbers unless I looked up their position & number in the program. Not counting High School football, it was probably the ugliest football game I've ever watched in person, aesthetic-wise.

FAMU is easy:

I was at this game. FAMU was ugly as sin, but IMO TSU was almost as bad with the white numbers. I was in the club section & unless I saw their sleeve numbers from the side, I couldn't make out their numbers unless I looked up their position & number in the program. Not counting High School football, it was probably the ugliest football game I've ever watched in person, aesthetic-wise.

I will say this about FAMU in that picture...

it's tough for a southern Florida school to wear orange and green, and NOT be mistaken for Miami.

Well played, FAMU. Well played.

:upside:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The San Diego State uni in the background was pretty bad

And for those who complain about wierd Nike patterns, this 1998 CSU jersey with random boxes on the front/sleeve

72284726.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD4CB2108325BB8C784D28CBB8AAD02EBD4AFA88E4DD3BFE34F06BF04B24B4128C

I can't see the pic, was it the red bib unis from a couple of years ago?

sig.jpg

FAMU is easy:

it's tough for a southern Florida school to wear orange and green, and NOT be mistaken for Miami.

FAMU is North Florida - Tallahassee.

Whatever these Montana ones are:

Don't hate on the 80s copper and gold. :) Those two colors are the official school colors. I know, I know, the maroon and silver look better. But you gotta give props for Montana trying to do something with two "metallics."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FAMU is easy:

Well played, FAMU. Well played.

:upside:

FAMU is in Tallahassee, which is in Northwest Florida, and probably a good 8 or so hours from Miami.

Boise State:

The late-'90s look. The helmet script was clearly an attempt to rip off the Gators, there's no striping anywhere, and the wordmark was gigantic. They looked like a low-budget Pop Warner team. It didn't help matters that they had to wear this ridiculously cartoony and ugly conference logo:

I actually really liked these Boise uniforms. Much better than what they have now IMO.

FSU2.gif

That white Arizona uniform isn't the worst. If you want our worst, you've got to go with a different all-white.

4230141499_65689ca13b.jpg

Not just because of what happened in the game. Why we went with a white helmet and didn't use the old striping and why we went with all-white but red socks, I don't know.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Gonna knock out an easy one right here, Colorado State from 2010

running-carter-story(1).jpg

Oh wow. This one must've slipped past me last year. What was the orange all about?

It was a sort of throwback-tribute to the school's original colors for athletics: alfalfa and pumpkin. :censored: you not.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

No brainer for the Razorbacks worst uni...

ajjmeadors.jpg

Holy God! Never seen those before. World Football League invades the SEC right there.

Apex, the minds behind the Cowboys mid-90s double-star jerseys thought it would be a good idea to trot out the same concept on college teams whose logos weren't nearly as symmetrical resulting in at least a few teams' "worst ever." Speaking of which, here's Wisconsin's.

1196092602_6855c46e83_o.png

IIRC, they ordered these for the Rose Bowl but didn't receive them in time so they wore them for their home opener against Colorado the following season. Thank GOODNESS the Buffs cleaned Bucky's clock and spared us from ever having to see these again.

Archived