Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

p1_stanton_1005.jpg

Always hated the all green Michigan State ones from a few years back. It looked amateur-ish.

I'm glad a Sparty fan can agree with me on that one

These have to be considered worse

2002_09_23_CHARLES_ROGERS_LARGE.JPG

I always thought that the Sedrick Irvin-era super-stripey unis were the worst ever for MSU. Tons of mismatched stripes and the Bodoni-esque team name script, plus a strange bright puke green, clinch it for me.

IRVINlg.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i always thought that the Sedrick Irvin-era super-stripey unis were the worst ever for MSU. Tons of mismatched stripes and the Bodoni-esque team name script, plus a strange bright puke green, clinch it for me.

IRVINlg.jpg

The helmet stripes match the pant stripes.

That's actually a good lookin' set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Toss up for NC State

Chuck Amato era piping

ncf_i_amato_275.jpg

1999 UGA look-a-like red helmet and silver britches. Not a bad look, but NCSU people really hate it.

8dd2dd82bcc534f80547befe39d3f505ff728bc3.jpg?x=308&y=442&sig=a63065a576dbd9769d877997a342caaa

1980s shoulder wolves. Not bad, but the wolves look terrible.

0011542-show.jpg

This was the worst NC State uniform ever.

ncsupeach.jpg

For Oregon, I'm going here:

nfl_g_nata_sy_300_display_image.jpg?1302565182

That design is just boring, the yellow is an tough to look at when its head to toe, and it just doesn't belong on a 300lb lineman. Its just flat out ugly. UGLY. This is way worse than anything in the diamond plate era.

For Oregon St, the training bra uniforms:

beavers-unis-112709jpg-7991ab31e30a2b29_large.jpgBahahaha

Toss up for NC State

Chuck Amato era piping

ncf_i_amato_275.jpg

1999 UGA look-a-like red helmet and silver britches. Not a bad look, but NCSU people really hate it.

8dd2dd82bcc534f80547befe39d3f505ff728bc3.jpg?x=308&y=442&sig=a63065a576dbd9769d877997a342caaa

1980s shoulder wolves. Not bad, but the wolves look terrible.

0011542-show.jpg

This was the worst NC State uniform ever.

ncsupeach.jpg

Oh God, yeah you're right, those are terrible. The NCSU conversation is over.

fball2.gif

did not know LSU had ever worn purple pants. Those definitely take the title as worst thing the Tigers have worn on the field. Another one of those quirks in LSU's uniform history.

FSU2.gif

Gonna knock out an easy one right here, Colorado State from 2010

running-carter-story(1).jpg

Oh wow. This one must've slipped past me last year. What was the orange all about?

It was a sort of throwback-tribute to the school's original colors for athletics: alfalfa and pumpkin. :censored: you not.

Geoff speaks the truth. They were paying tribute to when the school was the Colorado State Aggies and used Alfalfa and Pumpking for their school colors. Their basketball team wore an orange jersey as well.

jNTsTyQ.png

[i always thought that the Sedrick Irvin-era super-stripey unis were the worst ever for MSU. Tons of mismatched stripes and the Bodoni-esque team name script, plus a strange bright puke green, clinch it for me.

IRVINlg.jpg

The helmet stripes match the pant stripes.

That's actually a good lookin' set.

Agreed and the stripe look kinda mimics the outlined numbers. Good lookin' set for sure.

Seems like you'd like their '02 set.

BoiseStateBroncos.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Take off the shoulder stripes, and we've got a winner! :D

EDIT: That, or give the shoulder stripes the same white outline for consistency.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

did not know LSU had ever worn purple pants. Those definitely take the title as worst thing the Tigers have worn on the field. Another one of those quirks in LSU's uniform history.

Neither did I and I grew up an LSU fan since day 1. This was in a pretty bad era for LSU football, and I'm sure they weren't on TV. I just found out about the purple pants several weeks back from Uni Watch. Still, no one has come out with color pics.

gYH2mW9.png

I personally like them, but the vast majority hates Cal's current all gold look

jahvid-best-p111.jpg

spleenenator hasn't posted cause he's still looking through the infinite combinations of ugly

I'm with you, I think those are pretty sweet. At the very least, they definitely have to have had a uniform worse than that at some point.

90758391980.gif

Great contributions so far! I've seen a lot of uniforms I've never seen before. Awesome stuff.

I figure we can give this thread some structure. Let's start knocking these out by conference. I'll post the conference lists and cross the teams out as we fish out winners.

Let's start by topping off the ACC.

ACC

Boston College

Clemson

Duke

Florida State

Georgia Tech

Maryland

Miami (FL)

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wake Forest

7 more ACC teams to crack. Also, if you have any that might trump the ones I have crossed out, feel free to share!

2180320435_9b8b60d788.jpg

Arizona state all gold

sp-stanfordunifo_0502262602.jpg

stanford all black + washington all black (regular set w/the piping is bad already)

locker.1118.jpg

Richard+Brehaut+UCLA+v+Oregon+UeFWtgfdazql.jpg

UCLA truncated striping

for Cal, i dont think the all-yellows are that bad...not worse than yellow w/white pants

Oregon+State+v+California+B5cfZjfmPr9l.jpg

doesnt seem to be any really ugly uniforms in past pac-10 history....most of the designs (as far as I know) were pretty conservative...teams have just been switching it up in recent years.

Archived