Worst Uniform Worn by Each CFB FBS Team

Brave-Bird 08

I am always amazed when people say that the KU Jayhawk should be on the helmet. To each their own...

It looks good:

548.jpg

Carl+Gettis+Missouri+v+Kansas+JY-PQPsfnHel.jpg

Put me firmly in the Hawk-on-the-helmet crowd. Looks great.

I'm a huge sucker for cartoon college mascots. Not only would I like to see the Jayhawk on the helmet, I'd put Bucky on Wisconsin's, Sparky back on ASU's and whatever you call that buck-toothed goofball on Minnesota's.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akron Zips Jason Taylor era

ncf_taylor_412.jpg

ncf_taylor2_412.jpg

No way! The stuff they wear now is SO much worse.

AGREED. Absolute crap. Pretty much anyone who wore adidas' crappy tusk uniform (Michigan, Arkansas, LOU-Monroe and others) are on the worst dressed list.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gonna knock out an easy one right here, Colorado State from 2010

running-carter-story(1).jpg

Oh wow. This one must've slipped past me last year. What was the orange all about?

I actually liked these jerseys. But since they were paired with regular gear they fall apart. If the Rams had gone with an alternate logo or orange horns, it would have looked better

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I disagree. There's a reason why 105% of high schools that start with a "W" use that logo. I had a long argument with my girlfriend who insisted that her school has didn't blatantly copy the University of Wisconsin's "W" logo. She said that it's just a letter and they probably didn't do it on purpose. The University had a big crackdown on schools in the region using the logo because so many schools used it. Schools even use different letters modeled off of the Wisconsin "W". It's clearly an epic logo, despite it just being "one stupid letter". Barry wanted to make the W in motion, pointing up... he was able to make the letter as if it were moving.

I think it's a wonderful logo and they should stick with it forever.

Interesting take, I have family and friends who have gone to Wisconsin (many recently) and always hear that their only complaint with the athletic program is the motion W logo.

I honestly think those Arkansas uniforms would have worked really well had they used this version of the Razorback...

7305.gif

...instead of the ugly helmet version.

Yeah, the new Razorback logo didn't come around until around the 2nd or 3rd season of Nutt's tenure. It debuted toward the end of the Clint Stoerner era.

I honestly think those Arkansas uniforms would have worked really well had they used this version of the Razorback...

7305.gif

Yeah, the new Razorback logo didn't come around until around the 2nd or 3rd season of Nutt's tenure. It debuted toward the end of the Clint Stoerner era.

The main site has that logo listed as the primary from 1964-1989.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ohio's Uniform history has never been too radical, which is a good thing. The one that pops up in my mind is from the mid-90's, when the Attack Cat was first released. They put a extra large version of it on the leg. I'll try to do some research for the rest of the MAC for you, but it looks like you have BG and Akron covered already.

1304197086.png

x0y5nq.png

ncf_taylor_412.jpg

ncf_taylor2_412.jpg

AGREED. Absolute crap. Pretty much anyone who wore adidas' crappy tusk uniform (Michigan, Arkansas, LOU-Monroe and others) are on the worst dressed list.

Akron doesn't have the "tusk" jersey, the pants are the same but the jersey is a lot different.

7305.gif

The main site has that logo listed as the primary from 1964-1989.

The main site is very very wrong when it comes to the Arkansas logos and dates... this is a fairly new logo that was not around at the time of the APEX football jerseys posted in this thread... the logo you are refering to here is it's update and successor

I think it's the exact opposite of a BFBS situation with FSU's black uni. Black may not be a dominant color in their scheme normally, but it's paying direct homage to the Seminole tribe, which the university has a great relationship with. There's a specific reason why they chose to wear the black uniforms, with the painfully ironic "Unconquered" going down one leg. If they just randomly chose to add an all black uniform, then that'd be BFBS. It's not BFBS, it's BFSS.

Yes, to sell more uniforms and excite players/recruits. The rest is all a BS cover.

If you believe that FSU really chose black to honor the Seminole tribe, you must also believe TCU wore black to honor breast cancer victims and SMU wore black to honor the military.

C'mon, man!

Of course selling more merchandise is always part of the equation, but that's beside my point entirely. They didn't just choose black out of thin air, as some had said. There was a specific reason why black was chosen, not just BFBS, or just to sell jerseys.

I don't know anything about TCU's or SMU's situation, so don't assume that I think a certain way.

You missed my point entirely. C'mon, man!

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

ncf_taylor_412.jpg

ncf_taylor2_412.jpg

They don't have the tusks but they did have the recent adidas unis before TechFit rolled out. They still look horrible. And Notre Dame's Faust era uni's were brought over to Akron after he left Notre Dame. Only difference being the A logo on Taylor's helmet.

Akron doesn't have the "tusk" jersey, the pants are the same but the jersey is a lot different.

They still looked like crap in their current get up, though you are correct they are not the tusk jerseys

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FSUniforms1.jpg

I think the '62 helmet alone makes that the worst uniform, even though I like the rest of it. I found this interesting though:

http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/2010/08/florida-state-seminoles-football.html

Seminole players in 1962 sported white jerseys with garnet numbering on the front, back and sleeves of their uniforms. Garnet and gold piping on the shoulders highlighted the impressive jersey. Pants were gold with garnet and white stripes down each pant leg. Seminole players may have worn three variations of gold helmets in 1962. It has been suggested that seniors wore one with an ?Indian head? design, the ?tomahawk? by juniors, and the ?arrow? by sophomores.

Indianhead.jpg

Tomahawk.jpg

Spear.png

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Idaho:

2006coltbrooks.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

It looks cheap and nasty just like their entire program. What were they thinking with that sans-serif wordmark and those obese numbers?

The wordmark is not sans-serif. That wordmark actually has serifs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived