Kevinmets presents: MLB in 2040

kevinmets

MLB.jpg

Here's some of the major changes:

1. Realignment. The National League and American League have been abolished in favor of one League with seven geographically-based divisions of 4-5 teams each.

Atlantic Division

Baltimore Orioles | Boston Red Sox | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies

Northeast Division

Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Spiders(1) | Detroit Tigers | Toronto Blue Jays

Northern Division

Chicago Cubs | Chicago White Sox | Minnesota Twins | Milwaukee Brewers

Northwest Division

Portland Pirates(2) | San Francisco Giants | San Jose Athletics(3) | Seattle Mariners

Southeast Division

Atlanta Braves | Charlotte Knights(4) | Jacksonville Suns(5) | Miami Marlins(6)

Southern Division

Colorado Rockies | Houston Astros | Kansas City Royals | St. Louis Cardinals | Texas Rangers

Southwest Division

California Angels(7) | Los Angeles Dodgers | Phoenix Vipers(8) | San Diego Padres

1. formerly Cleveland Indians

2. formerly Pittsburgh Pirates

3. formerly Oakland Athletics

4. formerly Washington Nationals

5. formerly Tampa Bay Rays

6. formerly Florida Marlins

7. formerly Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

8. formerly Arizona Diamondbacks

The playoff system is now needlessly complicated and includes seven division champs, five wildcard teams, by-rounds, and lasts well into November.

2. After the infamous 2028 season in which the Blue Jays, Mets, and Rockies each used eleven different on-field uniforms throughout the year, MLB institutes a rule that only one home uniform and one away uniform are allowed to be used during regular season/postseason games. Most teams now use a colored uniform on the road instead of grey.

3. MLB's outdated batter silhouette logo has been replaced by the new diamond logo (pictured above).

This thread will be very different from the MLB jersey designs I did last year- there I changed a lot of color schemes and classic looks I know would never be touched in reality. Here, I'm going to try and make my designs realistic (based on my not necessarily realistic 2040 guidelines). Classic looks like the Yankees and Cardinals will look (pretty much) the same, while some other teams will have new identities altogether (I didn't really mess with creating new logos in the other series).

Anyway, C&C are greatly appreciated as always. Enjoy!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the first team: The Chicago White Sox

2040WhiteSox.jpg?t=1304008357

The White Sox tinkered with their 90s-00s look for a while before eventually adding red as an outline color. They have dropped the pinstripes, brought back the sock sleeve patch (with red accents), and begun wearing an all-black away uniform (script based on their 70s road script) with a white cap - they are the White Sox after all.

Really Phoenix Snakes??? I do like the Phoenix Diamondbacks, but Snakes just sounds too hokey

"Snakes" > "D'Backs", and "Diamondbacks" is impossible to fit onto a uniform without looking dumb. Also, I just wanted to have a little fun with the whole realignment thing. Any comments on the White Sox jersey?

Cardinals and Cubs not in the same division?

Phoenix Snakes?

Jacksonville Suns? (Seriously?)

Pirates moving to Portland?!

Glad to see you put forth your best effort on this.

Also, I just wanted to have a little fun with the whole realignment thing. Any comments on the White Sox jersey?

Love everything about the White Sox set. The only thing it could possibly use are pinstripes on the white, but adding the red really negates the need for more accenting. The road script is something I've always wanted to see come back. I love the historic ties you incorporated.

Great job!

87Redskins.png

Here's the first team: The Chicago White Sox

2040WhiteSox.jpg?t=1304008357

The White Sox tinkered with their 90s-00s look for a while before eventually adding red as an outline color. They have dropped the pinstripes, brought back the sock sleeve patch (with red accents), and begun wearing an all-black away uniform (script based on their 70s road script) with a white cap - they are the White Sox after all.

As a die hard Sox fan, I have to say..... I LOVE IT. Its great! Updating the 50s look, just great. Brings back the Go Go White Sox! Can't wait to see the others! You might wan to color in the space between the 'S' red.

Sig.jpg

Fun idea here. I can get behind all of your shifting and realigning, except for the Phoenix Snakes. As others mentioned, kinda hokey. Portland Pirates sounds really awesome, though.

As for the White Sox unis, the road set is a little weird for me. Black top, black pants, and white hat just doesn't work. I do like the addition of red to the trim, though.

How about "Rattlers" for the Phoenix franchise? "Snakes" is a weak name.

Or Vipers, Sidewinders, Rattlesnakes,

Actually I really like Vipers. Mind if I use it? I don't have a problem with Snakes, but everyone else does and I agree that Vipers is better.

I honestly like this concept but I really can't see the Nationals, Pirates, moving, or the Indians with a name change. The only one that makes sense possibly would be the A's if they don't get a new stadium in Oakland anytime soon, or Rays.

3535rx3.jpg

The playoff system is now needlessly complicated and includes seven division champs, five wild card teams, by-rounds, and lasts well into November.

Loves it.

Archived