Kevinmets presents: MLB in 2040

kevinmets

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only change I would make to the Royals would be to add the crown over the O in Royals on the home.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I am really loving the interlocking KC logo. I live in KC and the Royals have been selling more and more stuff with the old A's logo on it lately, including a hat that is royal blue with a white interlocking KC. Also, I've noticed staff members wearing polos and jackets that have the interlocking KC. I really hope something like this is in the future for the Royals.

I did not know that! I thought changing the cap logo might be contested, but I'm very happy to have approval from a fan of the team!

The Astros are one of two teams to still use a gray uniform on the road, in their case because gray is actually a team color.

2040Astros.jpg?t=1306557894

I forgot to save a high-res version of the cap logos, but it's essentially supposed to be a space shuttle that vaguely resembles an "A".

Also I've been posting all my best/favorite designs first, probably not a good idea :lol:

The Astros are one of two teams to still use a gray uniform on the road, in their case because gray is actually a team color.

2040Astros.jpg?t=1306557894

I forgot to save a high-res version of the cap logos, but it's essentially supposed to be a space shuttle that vaguely resembles an "A".

Also I've been posting all my best/favorite designs first, probably not a good idea :lol:

Well, I like the gray, but I'd stick with some sort of an H-Star logo. Maybe some orange would also help. This concept does have a lot of potential.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I like the general idea of the Astros concept, but I think it could be improved. I know that gray and black is sort of space-like, however I would like to see you go in a different direction with a more "out-there" color scheme. Maybe a dark navy or purple with some bright colors that can be found in space (like these photos). The shuttle works very well as an underscore and could probably look even better on the hat. How about trying to make it more of an acutally A shape, or maybe you could even work it into an H somehow.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

So you are saying that in 29 years the fit, form and cut of a baseball uniform will be exactly the same, as it is now and has been since the 70's? I would envision more progress in that area. Almost all if these "X sport in 20YY" concepts keep then uni, cut, fit and finish the same. Won't some one push the envelope? I do like your White Sox concept for 2012, and Miami is nice too. The rest seem kinda cut and paste mashups of different eras and even leagues.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• 5 months later...

KC Royals is my favorite. Rockies is okay, but at the risk of sounding lame, the font for the Rockies looks a bit feminine or too 70s Miami Dolphinish to me. I think the Rockies font would work better on the Marlins uniforms.

The Marlins was my least favorite re-do for 2040. The color scheme didn't work for me at all. The font used looked too "Western" to me, like saloon type font being used.

Overall I have very much enjoyed this and look forward to seeing more when time allows for you to do more! All of these are far better than I could ever do to be sure!

Oh wow, I almost totally forgot about this!! Sorry I haven't been updating, I've gotten pretty busy with graduate school.

I agree with the Rockies font being "feminine", I had trouble finding a good cursive font. I really think they should employ that color scheme and something similar to that cap logo.

The Marlins re-do was essentially my prediction as to what they were gonna look like in 2012. Luckily (or un-luckily, depending on your opinion) I was wrong about everything except the color scheme.

I had a few other ideas finished, but a few of them were joke-y (especially the Mets & Yankees) so I decided not to post them. I'll try to start this thing back up again soon I promise!

Archived