2011 NFL Draft

Gary

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suh and Fairley, wow nice interior the Lions will have there, though I'm kinda surprised they didnt go for Prince.

Bear in mind this is also pretty much exactly how the Buccaneers built their defense back in the mid-late '90s...setting up their defensive front to help make everything else work behind them. I like that model...and apparently GFB does too. Calm down, Matt!!! :P

panicattack5.jpg

This draft looks good for your Bucs too... Lots of good DEs on the board.

Alright, who had Christian Ponder going in the first round at all??

As a Seminole fan(atic), I'm happy for him. For those of you Viking fans who aren't up on him, the guy is a competitor. He's a super-smart guy, and if need be he can get physical--not quite Jake Locker physical, but he's been known to tuck & run it if need be. Above-average arm, pretty freakin' good with his mid-to-long-range throws as well.

EDIT: Nick Fairley to Lions? Okay...the Motor City Maulers were already scary on that D-line between Suh and Kyle Vanden Bosch...if they can keep Fairley motivated, then they've just become outright FRIGHTENING.

The thing with Ponder to MIN is that McKinney is old and slow and Loadholt seemed to have lost all his talent on their OL. Sidney Rice may be out for even next season, and they defense was poor at tackling.

As for the DET, they needed a DB more than they needed a DL. Green Bay and Chicago are passing teams, they needed coverage over pressure at this point.

The thing about it is...if you can get pressure on the QB, coverage might now be such a pressing need. :P And when you're going up against Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler two times a season, you need all the pressure you can get, especially in the case of the former.

And...character issues be damned, if he's still there in the second round (provided Detroit has a pick in that round), CB Jimmy Smith from Colorado is still out there. Doubt he'll fall that far (but then who saw Nick Fairley falling as far as he did?), but IF he's still there for the Lions in the second round, they should snatch him up. EDIT: or...if Prince Amukamura is somehow still available by then (he shouldn't, but the way teams are snatching up QBs, he just might)...look out world.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Suh and Fairley, wow nice interior the Lions will have there, though I'm kinda surprised they didnt go for Prince.

Bear in mind this is also pretty much exactly how the Buccaneers built their defense back in the mid-late '90s...setting up their defensive front to help make everything else work behind them. I like that model...and apparently GFB does too. Calm down, Matt!!! :P

panicattack5.jpg

This draft looks good for your Bucs too... Lots of good DEs on the board.

This draft does seem pretty deep on defensive linemen, doesn't it?

I'll tell you what, Matt...I'm REALLY liking the make-up of your Lions. I saw it last year starting to take hold. It's like I'm watching the construction of my Bucs circa mid-late '90s all over again in Detroit. Seems like there's genuine good reason to get geeked in the "D" this coming season.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Redskins: PLEASE don't draft Kerrigan or Jordan. Andy Dalton is available.

This is the Redskins were talking about here, who knows what they will do.

They traded down and got a two more picks. That team is old and needed more picks. They could have gone down again as opposed to getting Kerrigan.

Archived