Troy State Football New Logo Sneak Peek

footballfiji

Quick question again (after my one about the Achaeans):

Is Troy State a historically Black University? If not, my bad, but I had the thought in my head that it was, and if it is, it seems kind of funny that their logo would be a white guy (a Turk?). Not much weirder than a bunch of white/black/hispanic NFL players calling themselves Redskins, but still kind of odd. The connection is obvious (Troy-Trojans) but that they would go with a personified Trojan instead of a helmet, sword, shield, horse (ouch!) etc.

No, they are not a historically black school. That is Alabama State.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if TSU was or wasn't.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone by pointing out my piqued curiosity in the possibility of a traditionally black U. to pick a white guy as a mascot. Of course college mascots don't represent their players exactly (not all IU players are actual hoosiers, as far as I know there are no actual Buffaloes playing at Colorado, etc.) but I think in this particular instance it would be a weird choice. It is the kind of thing (especially in today's PC environment) that I would expect to have seen protests about by campus groups.

But since Troy State is not a TBC (TBU?) the point is moot.

I'm not sure if this is an improvement. Their current logo is poor. This one is ok, not sure if I want a "Trojan Jumping-Jack" man. I like the Wordmark. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks, I wasn't sure if TSU was or wasn't.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone by pointing out my piqued curiosity in the possibility of a traditionally black U. to pick a white guy as a mascot. Of course college mascots don't represent their players exactly (not all IU players are actual hoosiers, as far as I know there are no actual Buffaloes playing at Colorado, etc.) but I think in this particular instance it would be a weird choice. It is the kind of thing (especially in today's PC environment) that I would expect to have seen protests about by campus groups.

But since Troy State is not a TBC (TBU?) the point is moot.

i do know of a black college that uses (or used?) a white mascot, Hampton U. they're the Pirates, and the pirate they used to use was white (they have a new one, however...haven't seen it much so i can't speculate, really.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived