Slight Redskins Helmet Change?

Sec19Row53

<_<

Your saying you know that Nike is planning black for the Redskins in 2012 or something? :therock:

Lets enjoy the 2011 season. 2012 is far away. I'll leave it at that.

Oracle of Football Uniforms, what else do you see in your crystal ball?

Watch his Wiki page - he'll undoubtedly leak it there. :P

<_<

Your saying you know that Nike is planning black for the Redskins in 2012 or something? :therock:

Lets enjoy the 2011 season. 2012 is far away. I'll leave it at that.

Oracle of Football Uniforms, what else do you see in your crystal ball?

Watch his Wiki page - he'll undoubtedly leak it there. :P

lmao...Gothamite, that was classic. :grin:

I haven't seen any future jerseys for the Redskins, so lets kill that rumor right there. But there's no doubt in my mind that black will begin to creep into the 'Skins uni's. Plus, with the 3rd uniform option...Nike has gotta be licking their chops here. I hope I'm wrong, but I see a black Redskins uni next season.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

It would be great if the Redskins have all of their stripes match throughout the uniform. I would prefer they base it off the helmet and go from there. At any rate, I sure hope Nike keeps them consistent.

The only way to do this is to change the helmet stripes. Right now, the burgundy and white jerseys and pants have the asymmetrical striping, while the gold pants are simply a throwback with symmetrical striping that matches the NEW helmet. The asymmetrical striping is so traditional and somewhat unique in the NFL, so I want that to stay. The way I made it all match up in my concepts was to first off match the gold pants to the other pants. Then, I moved the numbers to the shoulders and put the asymmetrical striping where the numbers used to be. I added the arrow logo to that. Then the helmet has no stripes. It is a modern take on the feather from the 1950's. That removes the problem of helmet stripes. The logo can be added or not. See my sig! :P

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1. So glad I can rest easy. I don't see black in the Skins future. Allen is a traditionalist.

2. Great about the helmet! Now match up the gold pant striping with the red/white and they have some great simplifications.

Agreed. If anything, Allen will go "backwards" in the design, to the spear logo. He's already returned to the Super Bowl 7 look (gold pants, striped socks) sans the gray facemask.

87Redskins.png

It appears that every teams desk gets color coordinated candy jars too?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's not candy, they're an assortment of headache pills.

Back when Vinny Ceratto was running the Skins' Draft (into the ground), he'd finish off that jar. I'm so glad he's gone. Allen and Shanahan are making me love draft night, instead of fearing it.

These are the eyes of a highly-medicated man.

v-cerrato.jpg?w=1742A7BE83DC217E562E8C72C_Large.jpg53170095_crop_650x440.jpg?1299728605vinnyninja.jpg

87Redskins.png

The Falcons must've had crack on their table for giving up 5 draft picks for Julio Jones (aka the next Braylon Edwards).

Can't disagree with that. If he's anything less than a first-ballot Hall of Famer, they've given up way too much. Not like they didn't have any other needs - I look forward to Aaron Rodgers carving up their defense once again.

The Falcons must've had crack on their table for giving up 5 draft picks for Julio Jones (aka the next Braylon Edwards).

If the Falcons had crack in their "candy jar", there's no telling what Vikings had in theirs.

6uXNWAo.png

If the Falcons had crack in their "candy jar", there's no telling what Vikings had in theirs.

Or the Titans.

I actually hoped the Skins would take Ponder...IN THE SECOND ROUND.

Both teams WAY overreached. The Jags made out well though.

87Redskins.png

Was going to say, I think the real question here is where do we get those team colored M&M's?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

We've heard for years how Snyder wanted a black alt for the Skins, and for whatever reason they just either never got made, or never saw the field. It shouldn't be the least bit surprising to anyone that they may be planning on busting one out either this season or next (with Nike.)

Redskins black uni won't looked so bad with red number. If the Redskins were to change their uniform and logo I want the throwback they wore in the 2002 season.

We've heard for years how Snyder wanted a black alt for the Skins, and for whatever reason they just either never got made, or never saw the field. It shouldn't be the least bit surprising to anyone that they may be planning on busting one out either this season or next (with Nike.)

Redskins black uni won't looked so bad with red number. If the Redskins were to change their uniform and logo I want the throwback they wore in the 2002 season.

Correction - A Redskins black uni with burgundy numbers would be illegible, and would rightly suck.

I agree whole heartedly with your second statement about the spear-era uniforms, though.

It's where I sit.

media_4614d78d192f4e34a414e8483996c9f3_t607.jpg

I wonder which one is correct?

Considering the graphic at the draft table shows the burgundy stripes, I'm guessing the stripes haven't changed. Of cuorse by that logic, the Bills would be wearing a red helmet this year.

I'm surprised at how much I like the look without the burgundy. The white and yellow don't blend into each other as much as I would have expected.

It's where I sit.

Archived