Need help for a hockey pool concept

Le Québécois

Hi, I'm having a hockey pool for the last few years and each team have a logo. I'm working on one right now that is call the AMIGOS. Basically, it's a cactus in front a the sun... But I don't like it and I don't know why, I'm kinda stuck here... I'm ready to take any comments in consideration...

Thank you!

amigos1.jpg

Are you looking for someone to make another concept for you? If so, I can try to do something before the weekend's out (I'm working 12 hours today, so it definitely wouldn't be before sometime tomorrow night) and are those the colors you want to stick with or is it up the the creator to have free reign over whatever design they come up with? If you are NOT looking for someone to come up with something for you, then, in my honest opinion, the last thing I get from your design is anything cactus-like. It looks more like some kind of angry muppet with a hockey helmet. Which it still looks good for what it is, it just doesn't look anything like what you are trying for it to look like.....if that makes sense, lol. Make it more "catcus-y" and youd be okay. Just my own critique. Anyhow, like I said, I would definitely mock something up for you if that's what you are looking for.

UJ

I just don't think the thing in the middle resembles a cactus much at all. I would try and rework that first before changing anything else. Maybe add some needles on it and get rid of the "bill" it seems to have for a mouth.

It's a good start, but I would definitely take into consideration some of the other posts suggestions...like adding needles and make the arms look like cactus branches. To be honest with you, as is it kind of looks like a sea monster or an eel.

I am such a 'tard. I thought this was a request, my bad. Now I really feel like I just :censored: all over your logo and that was not what I set out to do. That being said, my critique is in my original post.

UJ

Yeah needles would be a good start here, definitely see a lot of the old Charlotte Checkers logo here.

as a matter of fact, nice observation Watson, it was my overall inspiration... I'm not that good in drawing so I sometime need help on that part of the concepts...

I am such a 'tard. I thought this was a request, my bad. Now I really feel like I just :censored: all over your logo and that was not what I set out to do. That being said, my critique is in my original post.

UJ

ahahahahha that's cool, I didn"t feel like that either. Thanx for you comments, it appears that like evgerybody said, the needles would be a good start... I'll do it tonight...

thanx

Totally understand, I think if you add needles and do a few more things to differentiate your concept from the original you'll hardly be able to tell (it just caught my eye as a Checkers fan). One other suggestion would be to round off the head on the right side, above the eye, to make it look more cactus like. Looks good though.

• 1 month later...

Hi, after a few days, here's an update I made based upon your comments...

I added needles, took away the inspiration from the old charlotte checkers logo (except fot the helmet) and made the cactus happier which is more likely for a team called "amigos"...

amigos2.jpg

Archived