Fans to Design ArenaBowl XXIV Logo

TBGKon

I didn't see the Stanley Cup connotation since that's the AFL Trophy, but I did when I looked again. But #1 is a rip off of Super Bowl 26 and the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs Auburn, not UAFL)logo jammed together.

I see similarities to the SB XXVI Logo, but I wouldn't call it a "rip off" - and the only similarity to the Iron Bowl logo is that it's an upright football. There aren't TOO many ways to depict a football. The only one I see that I would consider a "rip off" of a logo is the 4th one. I don't see any similarities between the 3rd logo and any SB logos.

The "XXIV" in the logo is exactly ripped from the Super Bowl XXXIV logo

2348.giftjmo.jpg

i can't believe no one at the AFL offices had a copy of all the Super Bowl logos to be safe.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the Stanley Cup connotation since that's the AFL Trophy, but I did when I looked again. But #1 is a rip off of Super Bowl 26 and the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs Auburn, not UAFL)logo jammed together.

I see similarities to the SB XXVI Logo, but I wouldn't call it a "rip off" - and the only similarity to the Iron Bowl logo is that it's an upright football. There aren't TOO many ways to depict a football. The only one I see that I would consider a "rip off" of a logo is the 4th one. I don't see any similarities between the 3rd logo and any SB logos.

2348.giftjmo.jpg

Yeah. I know. I said that the 4th logo is the only one that looks like a "rip off" from a SB logo. As soon as I saw it I thought that. None of the others seem like blatant rip offs to me.

gYH2mW9.png

I would say it's highly inspired by because the angles aer different and some of the shapes are unique. That being said it's right there with the super bowl logo. Unfortunately its trailing the two weakest of the four IMO.

I would say it's highly inspired by because the angles aer different and some of the shapes are unique. That being said it's right there with the super bowl logo. Unfortunately its trailing the two weakest of the four IMO.

Changing the darker colors to lighter on the two x's is not "different angles", it's a quick rip job any artist on here could do in 20 minutes or less...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Changing the darker colors to lighter on the two x's is not "different angles", it's a quick rip job any artist on here could do in 20 minutes or less...

Agreed. There's "some" original design in there and IMO most everyome here could do better.

I took his comment as if he were talking about the shield itself. There's no doubt that those are the exact characters from the SB logo with slight color modifications.

gYH2mW9.png

I took his comment as if he were talking about the shield itself. There's no doubt that those are the exact characters from the SB logo with slight color modifications.

agreed. I seethe AFL shield and trophy and hte Super Bowl XXIV lettering for the XXIV and the Arena Bowl.

agreed. I seethe AFL shield and trophy and hte Super Bowl XXIV lettering for the XXIV and the Arena Bowl.

But even looking at the shield it appears that the "designer" may have already had a vector version of the SB logo and just had to move/delete a few nodes and change some colors. The shadows of the shield and the outline strokes are definitely there because the logo was just slightly altered.

gYH2mW9.png

When I saw the final designs I noticed the similarities of designs 1 and 4 to previous used NFL Super Bowl logos too. Say what you will about ?inspired by? or ?ripped off.? But if you even think the logo has any resemblance to a Super Bowl logo it?s not a strong design. IMO, the other two logos, designs 2 and 3, are good but not great.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that these four finalists were all chosen based on, first their proximity to an AFL team and their design second. I originally wasn?t going to submit anything, but thought it would really benefit my sports portfolio if I won. So after much contemplation, late last night I decided to submit a design (mine concept is in the third row, second from the left). I am from Minneapolis where the closest AFL team is 6+ hours a way. I?m not here to toot my horn, but I thought my design was pretty strong. I even double checked that my design wasn?t similar to any previous Arena Bowl or Super Bowl logos. Also, why is my logo so small compared to the others? I followed the contest rules and specs. Hmmm?

Maybe I?m just crazy, and this is what I get for entering a contest like this. Oh well. It was good practice.

This could not possibly end well.

Fan design contests never end up with the best product. It's not that the fans can't design, but they're usually put up for a vote by fans or chosen by someone who obviously has no design experience.

This is how Yao Ming gets voted an ASG starter when he hasn't played for over a year.

87Redskins.png

2348.giftjmo.jpg

and theres the biggest problem with spec competition from the buyer side, everything submitted is from amateur designers. the roman numerals and banner are clearly traced. the perspective dosnt match up with the rest of the logo. im sure the "designer" has no idea to even use the perspective tool in Ai or whatever software he used, let alone come up with an original idea

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This could not possibly end well.

Fan design contests never end up with the best product. It's not that the fans can't design, but they're usually put up for a vote by fans or chosen by someone who obviously has no design experience.

This is how Yao Ming gets voted an ASG starter when he hasn't played for over a year.

[ot]

Another reason why all-star games should be dissolved.[/ot]

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived