NFL Draft Picks (posing w/ team jerseys) (*not posing with New Jersey)

AJM

falconslockerroom.png

Without any Falcons stuff on it, there's no telling what its for. Its not athrowback because it doesn't even have the red outlines.

My guess is that since Jones wore Nike at Alabama, they are trying to tailor his jersey so that it is a very similar fit to what he's used to, just to make him comfortable & impress him.

I'm only guessing; this would mean they expect him to put the jersey on. Maybe he wants to see what it feels like to wear a Falcon jersey, i don't know.

Just a wildass guess.

And a very good one, at that. Julio has worn Nike uniforms all throughout high school and college.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everbody seem to hate unique uniforms? I think everybody pretty much agrees the Buffalo Bills (old?) uniforms are absolutely dreadful, but the Falcons, Chargers and Vikings all look good to me. Plain uniforms work for teams like the 49ers and Packers, but the other three teams I mentioned up there upgraded big time from their last unis.

People around here are boring. Stuff like Nike's pro combat makes them cry and they would love it if every team looked like penn state....

Falcons and Cardinals are some of the best uniforms in the NFL, SD and Cincy just need a different number font and they'd be great too. The only thing wrong with the Vikings is that the side panels don't match up when they wear all white or all purple

_DJP8566--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

If you want a Titans Locker jersey now, simply remove the YOUNG from your current Titans #10 and add LOCKER. Saw one place in Nashville that was advertising just that service...

Locker is going to be #10? If true, that's gonna save alot of people some $$$$.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

_DJP8566--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

If you want a Titans Locker jersey now, simply remove the YOUNG from your current Titans #10 and add LOCKER. Saw one place in Nashville that was advertising just that service...

Locker is going to be #10? If true, that's gonna save alot of people some $$$$.

Nobody's really sure, but since it was his high school and college number, and the Titan currently wearing #10 is on his way out eventually, that's the general perception...

But he was asked at his Titans press conference what number he was going to wear and he said he didn't care, it's just a number...

Guess we'll wait and see...

Falcons and Cardinals are some of the best uniforms in the NFL.

LMFAO....got any sales figures to support that statement?

Sales figures =/= aesthetic value. People bought the Buffaslug sweaters in droves, IIRC.

I'm all for changes to uni's, but they still gotta look good. Traditional jerseys don't always look good either (i.e. Patriots throwback and the current Panthers). The problem with the Vikings, Cards, and Falcons is that the uni's look too complicated and they don't flow. Plus, all 3 previous uni's for them all looked better, in my opinion. Other teams such as the Rams were able to change their old school look and still look nice. STL's gold and navy flow nicely with their current style (though the gold pants looked better than the current blue/white options).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

It's pointless to argue a subjective subject. While there are certain design rules that can be objectively criticized and it is certainly possible for a uniform to be unanimously disliked (or liked), for the most part it comes down to personal taste. The majority of this forum is of the mindset that things looked better back in the day and that traditional designs are better. There's no way to argue that they're wrong. Just like there's no way to argue my opinions that many of the more contemporary designs are better. You're simply not going to find any two people who agree 100% on uniform evaluations.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's pointless to argue a subjective subject. While there are certain design rules that can be objectively criticized and it is certainly possible for a uniform to be unanimously disliked (or liked), for the most part it comes down to personal taste. The majority of this forum is of the mindset that things looked better back in the day and that traditional designs are better. There's no way to argue that they're wrong. Just like there's no way to argue my opinions that many of the more contemporary designs are better. You're simply not going to find any two people who agree 100% on uniform evaluations.

well said

Hail the truth. :notworthy:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Chawls "likes" this.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

falconslockerroom.png

Without any Falcons stuff on it, there's no telling what its for. Its not athrowback because it doesn't even have the red outlines.

My guess is that since Jones wore Nike at Alabama, they are trying to tailor his jersey so that it is a very similar fit to what he's used to, just to make him comfortable & impress him.

I'm only guessing; this would mean they expect him to put the jersey on. Maybe he wants to see what it feels like to wear a Falcon jersey, i don't know.

Just a wildass guess.

And a very good one, at that. Julio has worn Nike uniforms all throughout high school and college.

Well thank you sir.

I guess that would explain why it looks more like a sample Nike jersey.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

falconslockerroom.png

Since Nike is stepping in next year they may be using these to get players opinions prior to next year

"Hey guys, how does plain-ass black sound to ya?"

might be some kind of template that they're using to start making a new design for next year....

spacer.png

spacer.png

falconslockerroom.png

Just a wildass guess.

Well thank you sir.

I guess that would explain why it looks more like a sample Nike jersey.

Sorry to rain on your parades, but I'd bet money on the fact that it's just a generic sample. I've seen Nike send out samples for sizing and showcasing the different jersey cuts in the past. Since the change is slated for next year, I assume Nike is just getting a head start on getting samples to teams.

If it was a mock up, there would be some NFL or Falcon logo on there someplace.

Sorry to rain on your parades, but I'd bet money on the fact that it's just a generic sample. I've seen Nike send out samples for sizing and showcasing the different jersey cuts in the past. Since the change is slated for next year, I assume Nike is just getting a head start on getting samples to teams.

If it was a mock up, there would be some NFL or Falcon logo on there someplace.

That's EXACTLY what it is. Ask any NFL equipment manager and he'll tell you that he has 3 to 4 prototype uni's in his office. Reebok, for example, sends them out all the time. Nike is just getting a head start.

However, I'll bet that collar (kinda like ASU's new one) will pop up again on ATL's 2012 uni.....looks good.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived