Why is NFL Network using this Chargers bolt in its draft coverage?

Jungle Jim

charger_bolt_crop_71x71.jpg?1260191946

I'm not sure this is worthy of a topic of its own, but I couldn't find another Chargers discussion to tack it onto. Just as the title says, the NFL Network, of all places, is using this logo. Am I missing something? Didn't they last use that yellow bolt 15-20 years ago?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charger_bolt_crop_71x71.jpg?1260191946

I'm not sure this is worthy of a topic of its own, but I couldn't find another Chargers discussion to tack it onto. Just as the title says, the NFL Network, of all places, is using this logo. Am I missing something? Didn't they last use that yellow bolt 15-20 years ago?

Looks like the current one to me, I think i see the powder blue in there.

That's their current logo from the redesign of a couple of years ago. Note the barely-distinguishable powder blue outline on the yellow.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ye gods, that's a horrible primary.

It makes no visual sense once you remove it from the helmet.

this.png

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

yeah... that's very much their current primary logo.

maybe it's throwing you off because it's on a navy background, instead of white?

http://www.sportslog...team.php?id=164

Sorry, guys. I wasn't clear about what I meant. I was under the impression that it was meant to be a close-up snapshot of the helmet and that it was a close up of the old Dan Fouts era helmet. But after paying closer attention to the NFL network broadcast, I realized that they're not even using helmet logos for some teams. That being said, it would have made more sense to put it on the white background to more closely simulate the helmet, as they did with most teams.

I always thought this (or a slightly tweaked version) should be the primary.

hinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gif

The shield's not good, but the Idea is solid. And the Chargers are in dire need of a primary logo.

The Vikings and Eagles have always known it, and the Rams recently remembered: you need a logo that can stand on its own without the helmet.

Bengals, too. Although once they started (the awesome tiger head logo) they should've stopped (and not switched to the "B").

I always thought this (or a slightly tweaked version) should be the primary.

hinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gif

Dragon horse!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Thanks, forgot them.

Be it stripes, horns, wing, whatever - even a bolt - a helmet flourish does not make a good primary logo.

And then there's this:

ClevelandBrowns_PML1_2007-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Fine. Don't put any kind of a logo on your helmet, but PLEASE come up with something to use as a primary mark. This isn't a primary mark.

Archived