Gods Gift joining St. Johns

NJTank

Before he even plays one game God's Gift Achiuwa goes into the name Hall of Fame.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/basketball/nigerian-born-basketballer-gods-gift-achiuwa-joins-foxsportscomaus-list-of-great-sporting-names/story-e6frf3f3-1226046844671?from=public_rss

And if he gets drafted in the NBA his siblings Promise, Precious and God's Will and sisters Grace and Peace will be there as well.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A brother named "Precious"?

Yeah, I'm sure that kid doesn't get picked on in school at all.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I read about this a few days ago, great name. This isn't my idea (got it from either the comments on the particular article I read or twitter...idk) but just imagine this guy pulling women.

Girl: Who do you think you are, God's Gift to women or something?

GG: Well, actually...

It's more than a little pretentious, don't you think?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Like putting a star on your football helmet.

Or singing the US National anthem at a game between the Vancouver and Toronto in the Hockey.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I know a girl named Precious, but never a guy.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Like putting a star on your football helmet.

Or singing the US National anthem at a game between the Vancouver and Toronto in the Hockey.

But they don't sing the US National Anthem at games between Vancouver and Toronto.

1zqy8ok.gif

I know a girl named Precious, but never a guy.

Her?

precious-movie.jpg

No, actually legit. She's one of my sister's friends. Her siblings are named Aloma (sister) and Joswell (brother).

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My wife is a pediatrician and tells me about some of the crazy names that she sees at her clinic. The God's _______ is pretty popular right now. I believe there was a GodsWill and GodsJustice and I think maybe a GodsFury also. The worst name she ever told me about was L-ea. You would think it would be pronounced Leah or Leia, but no. The girls name was La-dash-eh. They pronounced the "-"! I feel like I may have brought that up in another thread once, I apologize if I am repeating myself.

A lot of the NICU babies are the one's with the Gods______ names. I imagine most of them don't grow up to be college basketball players though.

My wife is a pediatrician and tells me about some of the crazy names that she sees at her clinic. The God's _______ is pretty popular right now. I believe there was a GodsWill and GodsJustice and I think maybe a GodsFury also. The worst name she ever told me about was L-ea. You would think it would be pronounced Leah or Leia, but no. The girls name was La-dash-eh. They pronounced the "-"! I feel like I may have brought that up in another thread once, I apologize if I am repeating myself.

A lot of the NICU babies are the one's with the Gods______ names. I imagine most of them don't grow up to be college basketball players though.

Where is this at?! Cuz I swear either my sister or her husband had a student with this exact same name and scenario. If it's duplicated somewhere else, then it's an epidemic of stupidity.

Where is this at?! Cuz I swear either my sister or her husband had a student with this exact same name and scenario. If it's duplicated somewhere else, then it's an epidemic of stupidity.

I'm almost positive that there are either multiple instances, or people are making up this story. I've heard it from lots of teachers, and it's always someone else telling about someone else who had this student named La-a...which seem to be the classic components of an urban legend.

Weirdest student name I've had is Robert Bobby ______. Legal first name Robert, legal middle name Bobby. Many more just seem like random syllables slapped together, but Robert Bobby takes the cake so far. I'll let you guys know if I get a La-a and we can put this to rest. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'm almost positive that there are either multiple instances, or people are making up this story. I've heard it from lots of teachers, and it's always someone else telling about someone else who had this student named La-a...which seem to be the classic components of an urban legend.

Snopes chimes in --

http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Snopes chimes in --

Good call. Didn't even think about going to Snopes for this.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Snopes chimes in --

Good call. Didn't even think about going to Snopes for this.

It really does sound fake, but this is first hand from my wife and some of the other doctors. There are a few variations on it as well, I believe there was a Ta-a as well.

I should state that I am fine with parents naming their kids something "unique" if they want to, but at least follow the rules of language.

Archived