Your Favorie Teams... Why?

Besides the Minnesota teams I like the Yankees because when I was 6 they played in the 2001 World Series I really wanted them to have 4 in a row. I was unaware that so many people hated them at the time. They lost but I was a "fan" before they lost and still am. I also like the Bulls, Cubs, and Blackhawks because my grandpa and dad lived in Illinois.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio Bobcats- Both of my parents went to school there, grew up going to athens for football and basketball games, then eventually spent 4 of the best years of my life going there.

Let me preface this by saying I live almost equidistant between Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I'm a Pirates and Penguins fan. Grew up going to three rivers and the igloo with my dad, and these two are no doubt my favorite two professional sports teams.

I'm also a Browns and Cavs fan. Cavs because they're the closest team, Browns because I moved to NE ohio in 1999, the same year that they came back.

Ohio Bobcats- Both of my parents went to school there, grew up going to athens for football and basketball games, then eventually spent 4 of the best years of my life going there.

Let me preface this by saying I live almost equidistant between Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I'm a Pirates and Penguins fan. Grew up going to three rivers and the igloo with my dad, and these two are no doubt my favorite two professional sports teams.

I'm also a Browns and Cavs fan. Cavs because they're the closest team, Browns because I moved to NE ohio in 1999, the same year that they came back.

Soo... Youngstown, eh? :P

I'll go with my favorite top three per sports.

MLB:

1. Twins -- Closest team to North Dakota and I grew up with them. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember.

2. Indians -- I don't know why. I just always liked them. And them having Travis Hafner from N.D. doesn't hurt.

3. Tigers -- Again, I don't know. I think Al Kaline back in the '60s had a lot to do with it. And I love that Old English D.

NFL:

1. Vikings -- Same reason as the Twins. I say I'm a diehard Vikings fan, which means I've died hard many times.

2. Colts -- Goes back to the Johnny U. days. I always liked them, despite the Irsay family. Plus, I've always liked manning.

3. Broncos -- Partly because they're not that terribly far from North Dakota, partly because I really like the city of Denver.

NBA:

1. Whoever Phil Jackson coaches next. Phil was a boyhood hero of mine, being a North Dakotan who made it big, and I will always root for his teams.

2. Timberwolves -- They haven't been around long, and they do suck, but they are the closest NBA team to me.

3. Lakers minus Phil Jackson -- I rooted for the Lakers back in the Elgin Baylor-Jerry West days, so when Phil coached them, that just made it sweeter.

NHL:

1. Wild -- Again, closest team to me. I just wish the North Stars name could have been used. I still miss the North Stars.

2. Red Wings -- Goes back to Gordie Howe.

3. Blackhawks -- Goes back to Bobby Hull.

Major college:

1. UCLA -- Darned if I know why. It goes back to the '60s, whether it was because of John Wooden and his teams, or the colors (which matched my high school's colors), or whatever.

2. Minnesota -- Yes, the Gophers are closest to me. I like them in all sports except hockey. I HATE them in hockey.

3. Penn State -- All because of Joe Pa.

Area college:

1. North Dakota State -- The Bison are right here in Fargo, where I now live. Good enough reason. Oh, not to mention the fact that they've been pretty good in most sports.

2. North Dakota -- And the argument over the Fighting Sioux nickname/logo has only made me more of a Sioux fan. Bite me, NCAA.

3. Moorhead State -- The real name is Minnesota State University Moorhead. Whatever you call it, it's my alma mater. Go Dragons!

Baseball

1.Twins-they are my hometown team.

2.Cardinals- I went thru St. Louis and just loved the city and the ballpark plus the teams rich history.

3.Brewers-Some of my family is Brewers fans and My favorite uncle as a big fan.

Football

1.Ravens-I'm not sure why but I love them.

2.Vikings-Hometown team.

3.Cheifs-They used to have there training camp up near the Twin Cities so I would go.

Hockey

1.Wild-Hometown team

2.Phoenix Coyotes-I dont know, I like the state of Arizona and there colors.

3.Canucks-Got their jersey a couple of years ago but my fandom is starting to die.

Basketball

1.Thunder-My family went there and got me a shirt so whoo hoo!

2.Nuggets-I think I like them because when I was a kid I liked there name.

3.Jazz- I'm not sure why.

College

1.Wisconsin-alot of my family is from Wiconsin and likes them so I do too.

2.Local colleges-Duhh, because they are local.

3.Arizona State- I like the state of Arizona.

Baseball:

Red Sox - Hometown team

Reds - When I was young, my father was (and still is) a huge Reds fan. I guess I became absorbed. Besides, what's not to like about them?

Rockies - I like Tulo.

Angels - Went to an Angels game when I was 10 and loved it.

Football:

Patriots - Hometown team

Bengals - not sure

Texans - made a Madden 10 Franchise and dominated the late 2010s

Basketball:

Celtics - Hometown team

Thunder - Like the colors. Plus I always liked the Sonics.

Magic - I think it might've been the name that I liked when I was 6 or 7.

Hockey:

Bruins - Hometown team

Canucks - Liked the name at a young age and plus I think they deserve to win the Stanley Cup the most.

College:

Wherever I go to school - I'm only 13

UVM - University of Vermont - Another where my dad went there for college and I was sucked into fandom I guess.

I won't talk about all my teams but I will mention the backstory of why I'm a Clippers fan. I grew up with the teams with Charles Smith, Danny Manning, Ken Norman, Ron Harper, and Gary Grant. They didn't have all the star players and the celebrity-filled fanbase, but those teams worked hard. Just look at the win shares for those years - they were spread pretty evenly throughout the starting five. They were the ultimate underdogs, and I've always been the type of person to root for the underdog. Those teams would always come up short, but they were a pleasure to watch, and I've been a Clippers fan ever since.

It's much the same reason I root for the Clippers as well. I became a fan right around the '91-92 season, and stuck with them every since, and it was also the same time I started following the NBA as a whole closely. As a child in the 80s (I'm 31 now), I remember the Showtime Lakers, the Bird-McHale-Parish Celtics, and Dr. J's Sixers, and to a lesser extent, the Bucks (because they were always consistently competitive up until the '90s) and the Bulls (because of you-know-who). I've spent most of my life in the Los Angeles area, including growing up just minutes away from both the L.A. Sports Arena and the (Great Western) Forum, but I was born in Illinois and spent part of my early childhood shuffling between there and L.A. My hometown (Rockford, Illinois) is within 90 miles of both Chicago and Milwaukee, it's always been more Chicago-centric, right down to the sports teams.

During my formative years, I spent plenty of time with my grandmother, and we would watch a lot of TV including sports. The Cubs were on WGN-TV virtually every day during baseball (about 140 or so games each season), so we watched them, and since she didn't have cable TV, we only got WGN via antenna (albeit the picture was kinda snowy and staticky). The local NBC affiliate (now with ABC) would televise selected Cubs games (maybe about 40 a year), so didn't have to rely on WGN as often. The local independent station (now affiliated with Fox) televise White Sox, Bulls, Bucks, Brewers, and Cardinals games, and if I remember correctly, they and the CBS affiliate would carry some Illinois/Big Ten basketball games, but I forget who carried what. CBS locally would always have the Bears, and if they weren't available, it was the Packers or a game of national interest; we didn't pay a lot of attention to the NBC games of the week, although I can imagine they had a selection of Colts, Bengals, and Chiefs games (since they were closest AFC teams geographically), but it's safe to say they went with the best games available.

My other favorite team is the San Diego Chargers, and I started following them during the start of the Bobby Ross era, circa 1992. Those teams were fun to watch with Stan Humphries, Natrone Means, Tony Martin on offense, and Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison leading the defense. I do admit to lose some interest in them during the ill-fated Ryan Leaf era, but it picked back up when Doug Flutie came, and of course later with Tomlinson, Brees, and now Phillip Rivers. I'm still a little miffed that Marty Schottenheimer was unceremoniously let go by A.J. Smith, and wasn't thrilled with Norv Turner (in much the same way the Clippers hired Vinny Del Negro).

All right--here's my list (mostly found in my sig):

MLB:

--St. Louis Cardinals: Growing up, my older brother and I followed the Cards and was a huge fan of Ozzie Smith. They were the first pro team I ever followed, if I remember correctly.

--Oakland A's: I also liked the A's, partly because of Jose Canseco (I know, I know), and also because of the team's colors.

NFL:

--Carolina Panthers: I did like the Bengals and Jets (Boomer Esiason), but didn't follow him to Arizona, leading me to start fresh. I was about 10 years old at the time, living in a house where my dad was a Seahawks fan, my mon, a Raiders fan, and my older brother a Broncos fan (my younger brother's a Cowboys fan, but he was tiny at this time). I wasn't sure about what team to follow, and I decided on Carolina, as this was around the time that the team started up; I wanted to say that I followed a team from its beginnings and stay with it.

--Denver Broncos: Again, I don't consider myself a Broncos fan now, but I tended to follow the Broncos because of my older brother and our neighbors, who were from Colorado and hence were big Broncos fans. I rooted for them somewhat when I was younger (even crying when I was about 5ish when they lost to San Francisco in Super Bowl XXIV).

--Cleveland Browns: This is largely based on the whole Baltimore relocation thing. The Browns became my third team because the NFL didn't quite seem right for the 3 years they weren't around, and I figured that I'd follow them somewhat when they came back. No team should have to lose its team the way Cleveland did (or Seattle did, but I'll get to that soon).

NBA:

--Utah Jazz: This one's simple...I'm from Utah, following the Jazz ever since I was old enough to know that there was an NBA team here.

--Seattle Supersonics: If and when this team comes back, they'll be to me (and the NBA) what the Browns are to the NFL--a reborn team that never should've lost its team the way it did.

NHL:

--Carolina Hurricanes: The Hartford Whalers were one of the teams I could recall when growing up, being in an area where knowledge of hockey was sparse (besides teams such as the Rangers, Red Wings, Flames, Mighty Ducks, LA Kings, North Stars/Dallas Stars, Sharks, and Avalanche). I wasn't aware that they became the Hurricanes until I looked it up online. My brother joked about the Panthers sucking, referring to the Hurricanes as an "expansion team" (maybe ESPN did, as well). I grew to like their overall identity (I love the hurricane flag squares on the hem), and my liking them was sealed when I found out that they were the same franchise as the Whalers, and I first cheered out loud for them when in a playoff series against the Devils when a Carolina player scored a goal.

--Colorado Avalanche: This team's mainly a locality thing, as they're one of the closest to Utah, the Coyotes being the other. I also liked Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, and Peter Forsburg.

I also have a tendancy to follow teams like the Stars (the team name and again, a team I remember from when I was little) and Kings (partly because of Gretzky, but more recently because they seem to have the most involvement with preseason games here in Utah, with Trevor Lewis hailing from Salt Lake and Luc Robitaille having property near Park City).

NBA:

Miami Heat - I was always a hugs Shaq fan and my father loved the Lakers so naturally I hated them. When he went to the Heat, guess who sorta jumped the bandwaggon? I was also a Chris Bosh fan so his traveling to South Beach is only getting better for me.

Boston Celtics - Again, my dad is a die-hard Lakers fan so I naturally became a Celtics fan.

MLB:

New York Yankees - My "close-to-home" hometown team of my childhood. I loved watching them sign these huge names and loved to see them win growing up.

Oakland Athletics - Shortly after I came into my own, I realized being a Yankee fan is as good as jumping the bandwaggon. I always liked the A's uniforms and after reading about their history I ultimately loved them.

NFL:

New York Jets - Another "close-to-home" hometown team. My best friends growing up were Jets fans and I was always able to attend games.

San Francisco 49ers - Another team who's history drew me in. Their past success won me over. Even today, I have an unhealthy obsession with Frank Gore and Patrick Willis.

MLB:

First and foremost; the White Sox. My first MLB game ever was when I was about 5 or 6. I remember sitting in the right field bleachers and seeing Chet Lemon wearing that infamous collered jersey. Also, seeing the showers in center field and harassing the opposing pitchers was it. I was hooked.

The Cincinnati Reds. Johnny Bench was the reason I wanted to be a catcher in Little League. That, and I would always watch The Baseball Bunch every Saturday at noon when cartoons were over.

Florida Marlins. Loved them from their very first game. In fact, my (then) future wife and I inadvertently wore the teal color to prom.

NFL: Miami Dolphins. Not sure why, maybe it's because I like teal. Or whatever they call that shade of blue they wear.

Indianapolis Colts. Just became a fan a few years ago. Before they beat "Da Bears" in the Super Bowl. And, I'm from Indiana.

NHL: I don't follow a lot, but I like the Ducks, Sharks, and Blackhawks. I like the jerseys.

College: U of Michigan. I love it when they beat the living snot out of Notre Dame. Plain and simple.

MLB:

First and foremost; the White Sox. My first MLB game ever was when I was about 5 or 6. I remember sitting in the right field bleachers and seeing Chet Lemon wearing that infamous collered jersey. Also, seeing the showers in center field and harassing the opposing pitchers was it. I was hooked.

The Cincinnati Reds. Johnny Bench was the reason I wanted to be a catcher in Little League. That, and I would always watch The Baseball Bunch every Saturday at noon when cartoons were over.

Florida Marlins. Loved them from their very first game. In fact, my (then) future wife and I inadvertently wore the teal color to prom.

NFL: Miami Dolphins. Not sure why, maybe it's because I like teal. Or whatever they call that shade of blue they wear.

Indianapolis Colts. Just became a fan a few years ago. Before they beat "Da Bears" in the Super Bowl. And, I'm from Indiana.

NHL: I don't follow a lot, but I like the Ducks, Sharks, and Blackhawks. I like the jerseys.

College: U of Michigan. I love it when they beat the living snot out of Notre Dame. Plain and simple.

The Dolphins wear a green teal thing, not carolina blue ^_^

Let me preface this by saying I'm from the Tri-State Area, growing up about 60 minutes out of Manhattan, so I'm a New York guy not only when it comes to sports, but with everything else. Also, I'm 22, to give some perspective of when my elementary school days were.

New York Yankees: As a very young kid, before I followed baseball, I always preferred the Yankees to the Mets, probably because I liked the dark blue more than the lighter blue, and because I liked the name "Yankees." Plus, Yankee Stadium was ever-so-slightly closer to my home than Shea. Come 1996, I watched some of the World Series and was rooting for the Yankees, but didn't get into baseball until early 1998. I started watching around the time of David Wells' perfect game, and after that happened, I just kept watching. It turned out to be one of the most amazing seasons not only in franchise history, but for all of baseball thanks to the McGwire/Sosa HR chase, so that season made me into a baseball fan and a Yankees fan. I've been addicted ever since.

New York Jets: I'm not quite sure how I originally chose the Jets over the Giants, but something drew me to the Jets around 1998. Part of it was a bit of a rebellion - when I was in 1st grade or so, all the kids were Cowboys fans, since that was the absolute height of their popularity. Then a couple years later, a kid from Denver moved to my town and started going to my school, right at the same time as the Broncos' first Super Bowl winning season, so everyone became Broncos fans. Except me - I was one of the few kids to root for the Jets, which made for a very interesting time around the 1998 AFC Championship. That loss still stings. (As time passed, so many of those kids rooting for the Broncos back in 1998 would go on to become Jets or Giants fans, unsurprisingly.)

Manchester United: This is the really interesting one, considering I've never once stepped foot in England, or Europe for that matter. Back in 2nd grade (I think) my school had an English lady come speak to us about England, trying to get us to know different cultures and nations. She was showing us pictures of different English landmarks, and showed a picture of Old Trafford, and mentioned that Manchester United were the most popular soccer team in England, and played there. I knew nothing about European soccer, so that was the first soccer team I had ever heard of, so I decided to call myself a Man Utd fan. I didn't follow a whole lot of soccer until the 2006 World Cup, and after that, decided to start following United more. Now, I'm a huge United fan.

New York Rangers: This was sort of a natural choice over the Devils or Islanders, considering I'm not from Jersey or the Island. Plus, I very vaguely remember that 1994 Cup win - didn't understand the big deal at the time (after all, I was 5).

Chicago Bulls: Two words: Michael Jordan. EVERYONE was a Bulls fan. Since I had some Bulls jerseys, I decided to keep them as my favorite team after Jordan left and the Bulls went belly-up. But since I am a New York sports guy, I had to have a New York team in the NBA, so I'm also a fan of the...

New York Knicks: Back in the 90's, seeing these two teams as someone's favorites would've elicited a million "WTF?!?!"s. But that rivalry has sort of passed, and I feel comfortable rooting for both teams. If they faced each other in a playoff series, I'd probably go with the Bulls. But I actually know more about the current Knicks team, given that they're right in NYC.

UConn Huskies: Born and raised in Connecticut, so this was natural for me.

Any United States sports: Olympics and men's soccer, really. Again, a natural choice for me.

These are going to be odd, and some may be considering conflicting. But I'm not concerned, people often say I can't like both or like too many. Oh well.

NFL

New York Giants- my best friend as a kid had family from New Jersey. They were big Giants fans and turned me into Giants fans. I had the Bucs in the area, and went to games, but they were just terrible.

Tampa Bay Bucs- been going to games since the creamsicle days with my dad, season ticket holder for about 15 years now. Although when I was younger it was tough, and I liked the Giants better. I always have loved my Bucs and always will.

New York Jets- most of my family is from NY and I visit several times a year. Since I don't live their currently, I see nothing wrong rooting for both the Jets and Giants.

Pittsburgh Steelers- rest of my family is from Pittsburgh, so they got me into the Pittsburgh teams.

NHL

New York Islanders- started as the Giants fanship and turned into New York everything. I picked the Islanders because I liked the colors and my mom lived in Long Island.

Tampa Bay Lightning- as with the Bucs, been a season ticket holder with my dad for about 15 years. Hockey now trumps football as my favorite sport and I love my Bolts.

New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins- Yep, every team but the Flyers. Say what you will, but those teams I all like. Brodeur has been my favorite player of all time, the Rangers are another NY team, and my family ties to Pittsburgh has me a Pens fan. Isles and Bolts are ahead, then those three in that order, NJ, NY, and Pitt. I root for them as long as they don't play each other, then I choose. Don't care what people say.

San Jose Sharks- as a kid picked other teams I liked based on their logos/names. I loved sharks as a kid and thus became and stayed a Sharks fan.

MLB

New York Yankees- same as before, the NY theme from my friend. But my family were mostly Yankee fans, all the ones in New York. Always getting gifts and posters with Yankees on them. Been wearing a Yankees hat since elementary school and don't intend on stopping being a fan.

New York Mets- Yep, again another NY team that you supposedly can't be a fan of if you like the other. But some family originally being from Queens and my dad following the Mets during Spring Training in FL made me like them. Also have to support my NY teams.

Pittsburgh Pirates- the Pittsburgh family connection again. I enjoy watching the young team, even though it's very frustrating. I really want to see them do well.

NBA

Grew up a huge Bulls fan. Loved the Bull logo and colors. But have since lost interest in basketball. And the whole pandering to Spanish speaking viewers has put a sour taste in my mouth even more. So since the Knicks and Bulls participate, and the league is such an advocate of it, it's just another reason why not to like the NBA. Since I don't care for the NBA as it is, it's just something else. Guess now if I had to pick now it'd be the Raptors. Loved their logo/unis, and a team I've liked that is left that hasn't sold out by changing language on their jerseys.

College

USF Bulls- dad, uncle, and my school. Love the Bulls, can't wait to be an Alumni.

Miami Hurricanes- loved the name and colors, and had a relative in Ft. Lauderdale. So I grew up being a huge Canes fan and still am.

Syracuse/St. John- Orange I like in football, but mostly these are my basketball teams and because of NY area.

This is a great idea! It's nice for people to have such storied histories of their favorite sports teams and not just be bandwagon jumpers (ehem all boston fans....kidding of course).

I feel I have two tiers of Sports teams that I like. The first tier is flat out love and adoration. If these teams lose, I am emotionally affected for some period of time. The second tier teams I definitely root for every time but don't share that "running in my blood" feeling I have for the top tier teams.

1. 13-time World Champion: GREEN BAY PACKERS! Growing up just 20 minutes away from Lambeau Field sealed my fate of being a die-hard Packer fan until the day I die. I've experienced an unbelievable ride with the Green Bay Packers that definitely has more highs than lows and I know how lucky I am for that. But when you win a Superbowl and burst into tears for a solid 4-5 minutes, there is just nothing better than that in the sports realm.

2. Netherlands National Team. In 1998 during a soccer tournament at my hometowns local fest, I was given a bracket for the 1998 World Cup in France. I picked the Netherlands to beat France in the final as my entire family is of Dutch origin. After that, I was hooked on soccer and have never ending love of the Oranje. My heart was broken this summer and that time the tears were not as joyous.

3. Wisconsin Badgers. Having just graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, this is a no-brainer. Hockey is by far my favorite sport to attend as the crowd's atmosphere is electric for almost every home game but especially against Minnesota and North Dakota. Football is another mind-blowing experience and being in that crowd of students during "Jump Around" is borderline orgasmic. Wisconsin is definitely a model of excellence in academics and research but is majorly underrated in the sport world. There is a reason that Scott Van Pelt dubbed us the "Greatest College Sports Town in America." Come check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Second Tier Teams include

4. Milwaukee Brewers. Home team, beautiful ballpark, great (loyal) fans, and an exciting roster in recent years makes this easy.

5. San Jose Sharks. I got a Sharks T-Shirt as a gift at a birthday party when I was really young. I don't know why, as the sharks were a very new team and I had never followed hockey before then. But as I got older and more interested in the NHL, they've always been a team I've rooted for. Always an exciting team to watch and the recent additions of several Badger hockey alumni, makes it real easy to back the sharks each season.

6. US National Team. This past world cup was electrifying and heart-wrenching for the US soccer team. If it weren't for the Dutch the US would be in the top tier. But I hate to say it, I would rather see the Netherlands win than the US. That would be my ideal (and emotionally destroying) world cup final.

There are more teams that I cheer for but I don't really have good reasons other than them beating teams I loathe: Boston, Chicago, LA, and Minnesota teams: for their successes, rivals (Chicago and Minny) and obnoxious fans (all four). Teams that are included in this are: San Diego Chargers, Calgary Flames, Carolina Panthers, and Vancouver Canucks (although I admit, Vancouver is a minor-bandwagon jumping just because of their talent and until this year constant losing to Chicago.

This was fun and I'm enjoying reading all your reasons too!

NFL Denver Broncos. I have lived in Denver My whole life. It's a passion and a religion to be a Denver Broncos fan.

NBA Denver Nuggets. Not a big NBA guy but I have to root for the home team. loved Doug Moe and Alex English when I was a kid.

NHL Colorado Avalanche. Denver first major Championship and I love hockey..

MLB Colorado Rockies. Love Coors field and the boys from Blake street.. (TULO)

MLB team Number Two The Cleveland Indians. The Rockies did not start playing until 1993 so I hoped on the Tribes bandwagon when I was a little fella.

Dallas Cowboys - My dad has been a fan of the team since they were first incorporated, so I was always kind of exposed to them. I became a fan of them when I lived in Dallas.

Texas Longhorns - Again, my dad has always been a huge fan. I was born in Austin, raised outside of Austin, and live in Austin currently so that helps.

Dallas Mavericks - I started liking sports when I lived in Dallas, so I stuck with the Mavericks. I liked their colors, Dirk Nowitzki, and they were just a fun team to watch.

Texas Rangers - Again, I started liking sports when I lived in Dallas. I loved the Rangers since then even if they weren't always the greatest team around.

Dallas Stars - I don't watch hockey unless it's like game 7 or something. But I consider the Stars my team.

FC Dallas - I'm not a soccer fan and I care about it less than I do hockey, but it wouldn't feel right for me to not include FC Dallas on this list.

Baseball:

Texas Rangers: Always loved going to the games, even when they were losing. Best memory of them was sitting on the roof of my high school in the rain, filming a football game and listening to Game 6 of the 2010 ALCS on the radio. It was just unreal.

Cincinnati Reds: My dad grew up in Cincy as a kid and loved them, so I wish them well.

Hockey:

Dallas Stars: I used to never be that into hockey, but then I went to a game at the AAC. I immediately fell in love with the sport and the Stars.

New York Rangers: The only reason I like them is because they share a team name with the Texas Rangers. I got a blue Rangers jersey with "ELVIS 1" on the back, and it's awesome.

Football:

Dallas Cowboys: My granddad used to have season tickets until Jerry-World happened. Lots of fun people at those games.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Just because of Bucco Bruce

Basketball:

Dallas Mavericks: I can barely watch NBA games because of the horrible officiating, but I try to watch the Mavs in the playoffs.

1. Chicago Bears - Born during the middle of a Bears game, my JFL team, played home games at my old home Decatur & my first NFL game attended

2. Southern Illinois Salukis - My school team & very unique name

3. Chicago Bulls/Blackhawks/White Sox/Cubs & Fire - Supporting the Second City's teams

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Oakland/ Los Angeles Raiders - I like pirates

Im pleasantly surprised to see that this thread is not polluted with posts ripping the OP for the spelling error in the thread title.

And this Giants fan shamelessly says SCREW THE A'S! So now we are all content.

Good. Nothing I hate more than Giants fans claiming they like the A's too, but then being unable to even name a member of the starting 9, remember the current name of the stadium or name one of the retired numbers.

Archived