Pac 12 signs $3 Billion 12 Year Deal with ESPN/FOX

Gary

This is a big, big deal for the Pac 12 schools...the University of Colorado just scored big time. I guess them moving worked out for them.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Thank Goodness Tommy Hanson is GONE!

New Commissioner Larry Scott is a great man that has turned the Pacific 10/12 conference around from joke to a mega conference.

Just because you sign a television deal doesn't make you a mega conference or even better. It's the teams on the field that do that. We saw so many mega conferences that turned out to be a joke in the late 90's and early 80's. Can we say WAC, Big East, ACC, Conference USA? Oh and let's not forget the Big 10! Television contracts and amount of teams don't make you a "mega" conference or even better, it's the teams and as a matter of fact, it's the coaches that do that.

Note to the Big East...time to wake the eff up.

While there are two seasons left with their current contract (6 years for $200M), they are already in talks to get a new contract.

Sort of on topic... I attended an alumni reception tonight hosted by Villanova President Peter Donohue. He said that they were ready to vote to join the Big East, but before they went to take the vote they were contacted by the conference and told that they're just standing pat for a while and have no further plans to expand now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New Commissioner Larry Scott is a great man that has turned the Pacific 10/12 conference around from joke to a mega conference.

Just because you sign a television deal doesn't make you a mega conference or even better. It's the teams on the field that do that. We saw so many mega conferences that turned out to be a joke in the late 90's and early 80's. Can we say WAC, Big East, ACC, Conference USA? Oh and let's not forget the Big 10! Television contracts and amount of teams don't make you a "mega" conference or even better, it's the teams and as a matter of fact, it's the coaches that do that.

TV contracts aid schools to develop better programs. More visibility leads to greater interest from recruits, coaches and advertisers. Obviously this will not really improve the conference next year, but I bet in 5 years the PAC-10/12/14 will be much stronger than it is currently.

1zqy8ok.gif

TV contracts aid schools to develop better programs. More visibility leads to greater interest from recruits, coaches and advertisers. Obviously this will not really improve the conference next year, but I bet in 5 years the PAC-10/12/14 will be much stronger than it is currently.

Combined with the fact that Tommy Hanson was against mega contracts, expansion and believed in traditionalism. He was against the Rose Bowl going into the BCS. With him gone and Larry Scott taking over last year, the Pac 12 can at least grow as a conference

True. But compared to the TV deal they had before, this is a monumental improvement. The Hansen regime was a joke.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• 2 weeks later...

Archived