Mets In Stars & Stripes Hats

The Mets donated 4,000 tickets to members of the military for tonight's game against SF. They're wearing stars & stripes hats as well, but they look different. They look like the white-paneled front solid colored-back hats from the 70's and 80's. The bill is navy as well. Stars & Stripes NY on the front. Pictures to follow.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Mets stars and stripes cap design is going to be the design for the Stars and Stripes caps this year.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Maybe the Mets stars and stripes cap design is going to be the design for the Stars and Stripes caps this year.

That's my guess. I bet some will be mainly blue, some mainly red.

Just to confirm, this has absolutely nothing to do with bin Laden right? I know the Natties wearing their stars and stripes last night was pure coincidence.

90758391980.gif

Just to confirm, this has absolutely nothing to do with bin Laden right? I know the Natties wearing their stars and stripes last night was pure coincidence.

Wait, really? I'm not doubting you, but why else would they wear them? What's the significance of May 2? Or was it just a random decision to wear them to begin with?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Wait, really? I'm not doubting you, but why else would they wear them? What's the significance of May 2? Or was it just a random decision to wear them to begin with?

Yeah, it was pure coincidence. A pretty lucky one at that.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/blogs/capital-games/Nationals-Military-Appreciation-Night-Is-Well--Timed-121090939.html

90758391980.gif

So I guess the Padres wearing their military uniforms last night was pure coincidence as well...

For what its worth, Uni Watch says that one wasn't a coincidence.

"The big news from Sunday night prompted the Padres to play soldier dress-up last night. Meanwhile, the Nats wore stars and stripes, but I?m told that was a planned Military Appreciation Night that was already on the schedule and was not a specific response to current events."

90758391980.gif

There are a lot of fashion caps with a white front and I have been expecting that a team will get one as a primary...this is another sign of the likely. Yuck.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"The caps were fitted and had the MLB logo. You can?t get those made on one day?s notice, so they must have been produced well in advance. That means they are obviously this year?s stars/stripes caps."

- uniwatchblog

The padres wore their camo jerseys on purpose they are only scheduled for sunday home games.

Those mets hats are cool but i think they would be much better if the bill was red.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived