Redskins rebrand

CS85

In a nutshell, I'm one of the many that love the skins throwbacks. I think the current redskin logo is boring and the redundant feathers-within-feathers bother the crap out of me. They arrow on the helmet is iconic and undervalued, plus the color scheme of the past is superior to how much they emphasize white and maroon nowadays. The gold shouldn't be hidden, and with that in mind I present my new skins look.

Instead of the indian I went with a sharpened script "R" the skins used a few years back within a circle w/ the feathers. The spear would be the primary mark of the helmet, perhaps of the "sleeves." I don't intend on doing a uniform concept with this but if anyone would like to try their hand feel free.

skinsmq.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like the old school (1970s) "R" in the feather/circle. Really nicely done. Traditionalist will probably not like the vegas gold, but still, nicely done.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

While I do prefer your feathers, the current logo is an iconic one that in this case is replaced by a somewhat cartoonish one. The R doesn't stand by itself well in this, and many elements (feather to circle peg) look minor league. Many redskins rebrands these days go to a mustardy gold. I say either stay with the current gold (preferred) or go full out metallic. this feels stuck in the middle. I know I'm being overly critical as a redskins fan, but for an NFL team (especially the Redskins, whose uniforms and logos are rigid and traditional) this gets a little cartoonish. I do think that your feather angles make that logo much improved, but as I said, elements like the "indents" make it cartoony.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Love the use of the "Gibbs" R.

Great looking logo and color scheme. I could live with this. The only possible issue is the use of two shades of gold in the logo. You could probably eliminate the border around the R, or make it match the other gold.

Thank you for keeping their name.

87Redskins.png

I like the old school (1970s) "R" in the feather/circle. Really nicely done. Traditionalist will probably not like the vegas gold, but still, nicely done.

I don't see why any traditionalist or Skins fan would have an issue with the gold.

Taylor__C_-_1968_Redskins.jpg

0009_796_1.jpgRedskins%2065-69%20TK%203001449.jpg

49-bobby-mitchell(2).jpg

87Redskins.png

i dont like the primary logo, the R looks awkward because its not centered in the circle. modify the R so it fits in the center and i think its good

Agreed. It is growing on me. I wouldn't mind somthing like this if we had to change one day. Although the gold... ugh. Yellow (255,215,0) or full metallic gold

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived