Best road uniforms?

buckeyes1

What do you guys think are the best road jerseys in the MLB?

These are some of my favorites....

Twins

lirianox-wide-community.jpg

(Liriano's no-hitter!)

Indians

pMLB2-9031460dt.jpg

grady.jpg

(Technically their road alternate, but I like it a lot. They sometimes wear it at home)

cmpunksigcopy.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consider these to be the best roads in baseball, from the cap down:

oakland_athletics_pitcher-9544.jpg

I've also always liked Pittsburgh's roads. Very classy:

Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+Arizona+Diamondbacks+Pj_-DEXdNTZl.jpg

Kansas City and the Dodgers, two similarly looking teams obviously, both look sharp on the road (and at home, too):

Gordonhomer.jpg

Ethier_7-11-09.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It would probably be easier for me to say my least favorites, and that would be the Jays, D-Backs, Marlins, and Padres. Too many different styles going on everywhere throughout that road Jays jersey. And I still haven't accepted that Arizona wordmark on the Dbacks jersey. Padres because the wordmark is needlessly weird and they should have stuck with Khaki. All 3 of those jerseys just don't look professional IMO. The Marlins one embraces black too much, and they shouldn't have switched from their original FLORIDA wordmark.

To be honest I like all of the rest of the road uniforms in the league pretty much equally. None of them really stand out to me as being all that great or better than the others. They are all pretty nice in their own ways. One of the things I love about baseball jerseys is that most don't have a lot going on but they still manage to look cool and unique.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm a big fan of the Orioles road jerseys. They'd be perfect if it weren't for the unnecessary script patch on the right sleeve.

orioles_jerseys.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Twins

(Liriano's no-hitter!)

Indians

pMLB2-9031460dt.jpg

grady.jpg

(Technically their road alternate, but I like it a lot. They sometimes wear it at home)

All three of these look exactly the same...

With their tired red white and blue schemes and dull uninspired script logos... seriously what distinguishes these jerseys from one another?

In no particular order: (all current roads btw)

Giants

D'Backs

Reds

Tigers

Twins

Orioles

Pirates

Nationals

The A's road uniform is ruined by the white shoes. White shoes + gray uniform = bad look.

Now if they went with green or even black shoes on the road, then it would be among the best road uniforms.

I've said it in another thread, but if the Rockies switched out their road pinstripes for simple purple piping, then it would be among if not the best road look in MLB

The Red Sox DID have one of the best road uniforms, but they now have one of the worst

I have to agree with the A's that is a thing of beauty.

Rockies are also great I don't know if it is just because I am a fan but those purple pinstripes on that grey just look wonderful.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I tend to like the way yellow looks with gray so I'm partial to the A's, and Pirates.

I hate hate hate the new Cleveland alternates

I'd like the Reds' a lot more if they didn't wear the black-billed hats with them.

But my favorites in either league are:

Kemp%20dodgers%20jersey.jpg

32-07975-F.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oakland definitely have the best. Their road caps are nice and I wish their helmet would revert to it as well. And I love it when road unis say the city name, so that's another reason I like Oakland. And most importantly, the white cleats make it just perfect.

I also liked these a lot too

p1_mitchell_si.jpg

And something about vests on the road I like

Josh%20Hamilton.jpg

Go A's!

Twins

(Liriano's no-hitter!)

Indians

pMLB2-9031460dt.jpg

grady.jpg

All three of these look exactly the same...

With their tired red white and blue schemes and dull uninspired script logos... seriously what distinguishes these jerseys from one another?

Ask the Twins why they wear navy and red. Tribe had it for years before the Twinkies even came into existence. <_<

I love how everyone's always calling for the Indians to go brown and red or whatever, when they've been wearing navy their entire lifespan, and started wearing red regularly in 1933.

By the way, new Indians road jersey is the best.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived