Best road uniforms?

buckeyes1

Nice to see the rampant homereroticism has returned to these parts. :P

Anyway, if I had to choose, I'd probably go with one of these three:

-Kansas City Royals...blue may be boring, but that "Kansas City" script is 100% pure awesomeness.

-Atlanta Braves...simply because they have quite possibly one of the best home/road sets in all of the MLB. Atlanta + tomahawk = win.

-San Francisco Giants...the block script might be a bit blandish, but the colors make it work.

I will say this though: if the Giants were to ever put the script "San Francisco" on their roads, then it'd be an instant win in my book. On that same note, if the Cardinals were to ever put the "St. Louis" script over the birds-on-bat on their roads (and I know that script exists somewhere), then THAT would instantly vault to the top of my favorite list.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask the Twins why they wear navy and red. Tribe had it for years before the Twinkies even came into existence. <_<

I love how everyone's always calling for the Indians to go brown and red or whatever, when they've been wearing navy their entire lifespan, and started wearing red regularly in 1933.

By the way, new Indians road jersey is the best.

The Twins wear the same navy and red that the Senators wore near the end.

I think Bohob and I are the only people who think the Indians should wear brown and red. We're right, by the way; the Indians are one of the more superfluous navy/red teams and would stand to gain the most by abandoning it.

No it isn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ask the Twins why they wear navy and red. Tribe had it for years before the Twinkies even came into existence. <_<

I love how everyone's always calling for the Indians to go brown and red or whatever, when they've been wearing navy their entire lifespan, and started wearing red regularly in 1933.

I think Bohob and I are the only people who think the Indians should wear brown and red. We're right, by the way; the Indians are one of the more superfluous navy/red teams and would stand to gain the most by abandoning it.

No it isn't.

It's hard for me to imagine a primarily red and brown uniform without thinking of bloody diarrhea.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It's hard for me to imagine a primarily red and brown uniform without thinking of bloody diarrhea.

Well, whatever happened in your gastrointestinal life to forge such a lasting connection is something you'll have to get over on your own. It'd just be replacing the navy with sepia. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

No it isn't.

This is stupid, why would a team that has worn these colors for almost a century just change for no reason. Everyone likes the new roads and they are some of the best in baseball. You just sound like a bitter idiot

How can you honestly say that the Indians don't deserve to wear red/blue, but teams like the Rangers, Angels, and Braves do? I'm sure all teams have reasons for their colors, and they shouldn't have to change just because you don't like it...

I'm a fan of script city names on road jerseys. My favorite like many of here is the A's road grays. Also like the all green A's road hat that is my favorite hat in all of MLB.

A few of my other favs:

KC

Baltimore

Atlanta "reversed out" blue alternates

Brewers "Milwaukee" script alternates

Those Minnesota and Cleveland away jerseys are absolute beauties. I love the way navy blue outlined in red looks on gray.

San Francisco, Oakland, and Pittsburgh all have great away uniforms that people already mentioned.

Boston, before they switched in 2009, had one of the best away looks out there. Not nearly as much a fan of their current away jersey.

I'm going to mention two others I've always liked: the two New York teams. The Yankees' away jersey, while very simple, has always look very imposing to me. The block New York, the way the midnight blue looks on that gray and white background, the lack of names on the back - it all adds up to a very imposing and strong look. Then again, being a team nicknamed the "Evil Empire" standing in enemy territory probably helps make it imposing too. It's just a very clean, simple, traditional look for a team that should never look anything but those things.

As for the Mets, I hate the black. Hate the black caps, hate the black socks, hate the black dropshadow. But the Mets away uniform before the addition of black was a thing of beauty. The "New York" script looks tremendous, and the blue and orange are bright, so they pop off the gray background. Pair it up with the blue cap and blue socks, and you have a true winner. I really hope if the Mets do indeed dump the black, they revert to those pre-1999 away jerseys, because that's exactly how they should look.

(I think another reason why the New York away jerseys can look so good is that "New York" is perfect for the front of a baseball jersey. You don't have to cram it in, it's split into two words, so one can go on the left side of the buttons, and the other on the right side of the buttons, without any awkward split, and the slightly longer of the two words goes over the left breast, which is the slightly larger side of the jersey, due to the placement of the buttons. Plus, it says "we're from the capital of the world" without being loud about it, so that always works too.)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

When it comes to road jerseys, I like a lot more of those than I do the homes or alternates. The Giants, Braves, and Twins are probably my favorite ones right now. I love the A's set until it gets down to the shoes. I would never vote for a team that doesn't have the city name on the road jersey (I'm looking at you Phillies, Rays, and Cardinals) The Marlins are in that group too but I already know they are changing next season so they are off the hook for now.

(haha off the hook)

BUTTHURT CLEVELAND FAN

I didn't say anything about anyone deserving to wear navy blue and red, as if it's something that's earned. My concern is just with separating and culling the pack of navy/red uniforms in baseball. For example, I've long stated that I want the Twins' identity, all within the parameters of navy/red, to consist of navy blue outlined in red on white or grey, and white outlined in red on navy blue. It's not that I don't think the Twins "deserve" to wear red numbers like the Indians and Braves do, it's just that navy numbers with red outlines on navy pinstripes would make them somewhat unique. I wanted the Nats to consistently wear navy blue with red and gold trim, with their distinguishing features being the gold beveling and straight-across names-on-backs. And in the case of the Indians, on the heels of a nifty Bohob concept, I wanted to see them sub out the navy for sepia, which would tie them in with the Browns and give them an identity that immediately conjures up a centuries-old team in a Rust Belt town.

I don't know who "everyone" is who agrees that the Indians have the best uniforms in baseball. Most people here thought their set was a mismatched mess when it debuted.

Well, whatever happened in your gastrointestinal life to forge such a lasting connection is something you'll have to get over on your own. It'd just be replacing the navy with sepia. Doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

Have you tried Chipotlaway?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think Bohob and I are the only people who think the Indians should wear brown and red.

No, I like the idea too. The MLB has waaaaay too many red, white, and blue teams. We get it, it's "America's pastime." Doesn't mean every single team in the league needs to drape themselves in the flag.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

With their tired red white and blue schemes and dull uninspired script logos...

They're actually very inspired, but they're inspired by history rather than creativity, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why some people are so sour on looks that are so perfect for baseball.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

With their tired red white and blue schemes and dull uninspired script logos...

They're actually very inspired, but they're inspired by history rather than creativity, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why some people are so sour on looks that are so perfect for baseball.

Maybe those people would rather see something like this for the indians?

1250800983-indiansturnahead.jpg

but then again that script is pretty "dull and uninspired" haha

When it comes to road jerseys, I like a lot more of those than I do the homes or alternates. The Giants, Braves, and Twins are probably my favorite ones right now. I love the A's set until it gets down to the shoes. I would never vote for a team that doesn't have the city name on the road jersey (I'm looking at you Phillies, Rays, and Cardinals) The Marlins are in that group too but I already know they are changing next season so they are off the hook for now.

(haha off the hook)

The Rays are really the only offenders here. Phillies get a pass because Philadelphia is just so long and awkward looking in that script as seen on the prototype jersey. Plus Phillies is basically a shortened version of the city name. And I'd like to see St. Louis withthe BOTB, but the city name is so short that it looks too awkward on the jersey fronts. Either the bats stick out Too far past the edges of the city or if you brought them in then the whole thing would just be either too huge on the front or too small.

You can either space out "St." and "Louis" so that they more or less match up (this is doable) or spell out "Saint Louis," which always looks cool but might run too long.

Archived