Google Chrome's new logo

CS85

its like they didnt want to fully go flat. theres still gradients/highlights there and its awkward to me. i definitely prefer teh old one because it looks like it belongs on my desktop.

but i use custom icons anyway. heres my chrome icon http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=google%20chrome%20icon&order=9&offset=48#/d2a7sjc

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The flat logo is lame. What IS it?

Sure you could ask that question about the other one, but your response would be some sort of sphere shaped object.

In this case, the answer is a multi-colored circle with some subtle non-descript gradients. Or, I have no idea.

its definitely abstract but its not completely unrecognizable. i think they wanted to pull a Starbucks. take away all they could and leave the colors and simple shapes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I have to admit I preferred the old logo just from an aesthetic standpoint but wow... Andrew, I never realized how many logos there were that fit that theme.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

What are the two different colour schemes supposed to signify?

The multicolor one is the closed-source Google Chrome, and the blue-scale one is Chromium, which is the open-source project that Google Chrome is based on.

The browsers are, functionally speaking, more or less identical. New features tend to find their way into Chromium first, then into the Dev, Beta and Stable channels of Chrome.

Sure you could ask that question about the other one, but your response would be some sort of sphere shaped object.

In this case, the answer is a multi-colored circle with some subtle non-descript gradients. Or, I have no idea.

its definitely abstract but its not completely unrecognizable. i think they wanted to pull a Starbucks. take away all they could and leave the colors and simple shapes

Starbucks can only do it, because they first built a brand.

Chrome has not. There's many, many, many people who don't know Google even has a browser.

Starbucks can only do it, because they first built a brand.

Chrome has not. There's many, many, many people who don't know Google even has a browser.

And with all the recent advertising, it's clear they want to take the steps to build a major brand out of it. The flat logo is simply a better choice for building a large brand. It won't look as dated in five years and matches up better with Google's new logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I have no problem with going minimalistic. But they should have come up with something better that was minimal. This was kinda references the past logo, but most people didn't know the past logo. So in turn what you have is a completely abstract shape that in no tangible way references anything. It says nothing about anything.

It looks fine.

And that's about it.

Archived