United Airlines

devilray2k1

Not bad, a bit boring but could've been a lot worse.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, I agree with CS85 here. It is a nice, clean, simple mix of Continental and United, however, which is nice.

But the big question is: what is AirWest/SouthTran (AirTran and Southwest are soon to merge) going to do logo and livery wise when the time comes?

25yzwqg.png

The old United logo and livery were so much better than this.

So that's two Saul Bass liveries that've been 86ed in the group's history (Remember this?)

SaulBasscontinental.gif

bYhYmxh.png

But the big question is: what is AirWest/SouthTran (AirTran and Southwest are soon to merge) going to do logo and livery wise when the time comes?

I'm guessing that Airtran goes bye bye and all planes will be converted to SWA livery.

United+747-400.jpg

It's interesting to me that the "globe" is oriented at different angles on the tail and the logo. Did Continental also do that?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

United+747-400.jpg

It's interesting to me that the "globe" is oriented at different angles on the tail and the logo. Did Continental also do that?

Kinda looks like it.

1913217.jpg

Also a few real life photos for the new United jets:

1912561.jpg

1912783.jpg

I believe there isn't a single change from the Continental to the new United livery, other than the name on it. Makes repainting Continental planes easy - just take off the Continental name and put "United" there instead.

Should've kept the old United livery. Those planes looked GREAT (especially compared to the older grey United livery).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I'm guessing that Airtran goes bye bye and all planes will be converted to SWA livery.

Yep. That one's not a merger as much as a takeover. All of what makes AirTran who they are is going away (First Class, assigned seats, etc.). It'll be interesting to see 717s in Southwest colors. Speaking of Southwest, I heard they're going to this:

1251704.jpg

JK...that's a very old pic from a time when they obviously needed more capacity in a hurry, leased an Aer Lingus 737, and placed it in service without repainting (note Irish registration and flag on rear fuselage). I had a "WTF?" moment back in the '80s when I saw that thing landing in New Orleans one day. :D

As for UA/CO, I like their new look. After getting used to it, it looks pretty clean and as another poster commented, is a very nice job of merging the two carriers' looks. I'm sure it's nice for CO people, makes it feel less like a takeover and more like a true merger.

Going back a ways, aside from needing bigger titles, this is IMO CO's best look ever (though it's a little weird that the fuselage logo is red and the tail logo black). Remember their marketing nickname? "The proud bird with the golden tail."

Continental%20Airlines%20Boeing%20727-100.jpg

This one's pretty sweet for an old-school look. Love the "Intercontinental Golden Jet" titles on the tail.

707320Cv2_COGolden_p1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Continental%20Airlines%20Boeing%20727-100.jpg

Who wants meatballs? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived