Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

Holy :censored: the replicas are awful.

p10210208reg.jpg

The blue under the wordmark isn't there, plus theres the awful WIDE SHOULDER problem like all replicas.

It's like Champion somehow manufactured this.

I hate stuff like that because it fails what I call the Mom (or Grandma) Test. For example, they know "Junior" really loves the Wizards and would definitely love a replica jersey of his favorite player... so they buy that not thinking it isn't accurate and "Junior" might end up disappointed because it's not close to what they actually wear.

True. I remember always having to specify "swingman" jerseys when i was asking for a basketball jersey as a gift from my grandma (idk if they still call it swingman, I think these were reebok outfitted jerseys). I wanted a purple suns jersey, but the replicas were: purple base, gray side panel, no orange piping. So annoying. NBA replicas are incredibly unsightly, as bad as the screen-printed patches are on RBK replicas, at least they get the striping patterns right. NBA often doesnt even come close.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping for a little bit of white paint in the semicircles like the old Cap Center had. Red sidelines/baselines, red lanes, navy blue on the sides of the lanes, white semicircles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like that Mystics court. I hope the Wiz take a similar route. I generally don't like courts that have too much red. It works for some teams, but I don't want to see it for the Wiz. The three white stars are a nice touch. And hey, at least there's no two-tone wood.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• 6 months later...

^ bump since tonight's the first time we've seen the new unis in action:

IFWT-WIZARDS-1.jpgap-201112161923698168009.jpg

ap-201112161915693297991.jpgap-201112162115765348267.jpgap-201112162107760468250.jpg

FWIW, CSN Mid-Atlantic was using the Washington Monument logo in the bug during the 1st half and the "dc" logo during the 2nd half and on the recap videos during timeouts...

I think I've come around on these Wizards uniforms now that I've seen it in action: It's pretty bad.

Ditto. Too much going on and poorly distributed throughout the uniform.

i dont like the set as much as i originally did

This is really interesting. I didn't like the uniforms when they first came out, but after seeing them in action last night, I actually like them. A lot. They look a lot better in "action" than still photos.

That said, I do hope their alternate jersey ends up being more "tame." I think a calming navy blue alternate would balance the business of these regular uniforms. I hope their alternate doesn't just end up being a recolor of these regular unis.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Wizards' shorts are bugging the heck out of me. They just look like they belong to a completely different set, and don't flow as well with the top as it should. Anybody else get that vibe?

The jersey is okay I guess, but it isn't anywhere near great, in my opinion. The numbers really kill it, and I'm still not coming around on the barberpole-ish design (wasn't great in the 70's either).

Regarding Philly, I'm in the camp that thinks they actually look really great. In my humble opinion, it's a great blend of modern and classic that makes for a sharp uniform.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I live in DC, and I think the entire set looks like a compilation of bad ideas thrown together. The numbers are nearly impossible to read both from the front and from the back. It could have worked if the blue was a lighter shade, but the way it is now just looks off.

Here's the thing: I LOVE the Wizards' new colors. (Same w/ the Caps.) DC's basketball team (no matter what it's named) should always be in red-white-&-blue. They just could've done a way better job with the uniforms, because that looks like a mess on the court.

Archived