Red&Blue Crew

Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Get rid of that thin navy stripe down the sides of the jerseys and shorts, and you're a lot better off in all respects. That little stripe really does goof everything up.

Count me in to those who think the set is sharp, starting from the 'wizards' script. The bottom of the side panels on the shorts with the star does look Team USA-ish though.

Get rid of that thin navy stripe down the sides of the jerseys and shorts, and you're a lot better off in all respects. That little stripe really does goof everything up.

Yes, it really is bad. It looked bad when they were unveiled, but it looks even worse in action. So bad, IMO, that they should really consider removing it as part of a minor tweak after the season.

Regarding Philly, I'm in the camp that thinks they actually look really great. In my humble opinion, it's a great blend of modern and classic that makes for a sharp uniform.

Yeah they definitely went simple, but I guess my issue is the font. Some could say it looks "classic"...I say it looks dated and awkward.

The Wizards did a great job with their font, in my opinion. Looks sharp. Some minor blunders with the uniform, sure, but I would rather look at them than Philly's.

As a lifelong Wizards fan, I *love* this set. I think the legibility of the numbers could be enhanced w/ a white stroke around the numbers instead of a silver one. Other than that, I think the set looks great.

Loved them when they were unveiled and I love them in action.

+1. Miles ahead of the atrocity they used to wear.

I dont mind the navy stripe on the jersey but the pants are just messing up the beauty in the new look. Also like everyone else on the boards has been saying, the number outline should be white instead of grey.

Look even better in action. Set is almost perfect except on the road's I'd rather see the blue as the dominant color as opposed to the red. Even the practice gear is top notch.

Look even better in action. Set is almost perfect except on the road's I'd rather see the blue as the dominant color as opposed to the red. Even the practice gear is top notch.

I'm gonna reserve judgment on the roads until I see them in action tomorrow night. A lot of times I think your opinion of a uni can completely change once you see it in action. That's what happened to me with their home unis. I went from hating them to liking them, just by seeing them on the court in action. I think the red might actually look nice.

No pics yet, but tonight we get the red road ones as the home-and-home preseason with Philly wraps up. From far away on the standard TV camera, all you see is a red uniform with a thick white stripe. You don't really notice the navy at the top until they're shown up close...

That ill-conceived "W" on the bottom of the shorts really sticks out on the red set, and does it no favors in the process. The star should be right at the bottom of the shorts instead. Also, is the number outline the only place silver is used on either uniform?

It's still an improvement over the old set, and is a few small adjustments away from being a modern classic. As-is, though, the set feels like it's trying too hard and attempting to do too much.

I think the reason the stripe sticks out is that it is so thin, rather than being the same width as the red areas above and below which would make the jersey truly hooped.

Oh, and I don't mind silver only being used on the numbers. It somehow works.

The numbers should be double-outlined, condensed varsity block. That's what I would've done. Red outlined in white and blue on white, blue outlined in red and white on red. The silver doesn't belong.

The numbers should be double-outlined, condensed varsity block. That's what I would've done. Red outlined in white and blue on white, blue outlined in red and white on red. The silver doesn't belong.

Agreed, the silver seems very forced.

ap-201112201952715636644.jpgap-201112201951714996640.jpg

Beautiful Bullets Wizard jerseys! Look even better on the court.

The blue panels on the road shorts really look weird to me considering there's no consistency going up the side of the jersey. I don't have an issue with this on the home uni, but it looks more forced here. Still much better overall package than the old uni's however.

In action on TV, the back numbers are nearly unreadable from most angles. The outline just isn't thick enough. A basic block font with thicker outline would work much better.

I'd like to see something like this (I'd probably prefer the darker blue to seperate them from the Clippers/Sixers mix). Just a quick recolor so I didn't spend time refining it, but it reminds me more of the old school bullet unis.

149rtra.jpg