Wizards 2011 Uniform Change

Red&Blue Crew

The numbers are just not big enough (both in font width as well as overall height) to stand out from the stripe.

Not enough team executives and uniform designers realize that 'Can you read the numbers in the wide TV shot?" is just as important (and in some sense, even more so) than "How do they look in the team shop or on the cover of the game program?"

Heck, the numbers read better in that stripe-less replica version. Still need to be bigger, but at least they're not competing with the stripe.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see something like this (I'd probably prefer the darker blue to seperate them from the Clippers/Sixers mix). Just a quick recolor so I didn't spend time refining it, but it reminds me more of the old school bullet unis.

149rtra.jpg

Oooh that's not too shabby at all. I hope we see an alt similar to that in the future. I'm sure it'd be navy instead of royal tho.

90758391980.gif

I'd like to see something like this (I'd probably prefer the darker blue to seperate them from the Clippers/Sixers mix). Just a quick recolor so I didn't spend time refining it, but it reminds me more of the old school bullet unis.

149rtra.jpg

Oooh that's not too shabby at all. I hope we see an alt similar to that in the future. I'm sure it'd be navy instead of royal tho.

Even with the blue recolor, those uniforms look awful to me. They look like generic USA-themed-basketball gear that you would find at Walmart. They look so tacky and unnecessarily busy. I would even prefer the simple 1990s Bullets look over these monstrosities.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

If we were the Bullets I would definitely agree with you, but I wouldn't want to see those with the word Wizards stamped across the front. The hands in the middle of the word mark were a big part of that uniform for me, obviously we couldn't have it with Wizards.

Speaking of the Bullets 90's looks I came across this pic of 2 of the Fab Five. I don't think i have ever seen that secondary logo before. I know it's not on the mother board. Any reason for that?

007cf9ac.jpg

90758391980.gif

If we were the Bullets I would definitely agree with you, but I wouldn't want to see those with the word Wizards stamped across the front. The hands in the middle of the word mark were a big part of that uniform for me, obviously we couldn't have it with Wizards.

Speaking of the Bullets 90's looks I came across this pic of 2 of the Fab Five. I don't think i have ever seen that secondary logo before. I know it's not on the mother board. Any reason for that?

007cf9ac.jpg

I'm guessing it's not on the mother board because it wasn't used very much (although that's not necessarily a reason it shouldn't be there). As far as I know, that logo was only used on those warmups you just posted. I don't remember seeing that WB logo used anywhere else on their uniforms or other warmups.

007cf9ac.jpg

I'm guessing it's not on the mother board because it wasn't used very much (although that's not necessarily a reason it shouldn't be there). As far as I know, that logo was only used on those warmups you just posted. I don't remember seeing that WB logo used anywhere else on their uniforms or other warmups.

It's not on the site because we don't have a good quality version of it... people always ask "why isn't this logo on the site?!" like they expect there to be a reason other than "we don't have it"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

007cf9ac.jpg

It's not on the site because we don't have a good quality version of it... people always ask "why isn't this logo on the site?!" like they expect there to be a reason other than "we don't have it"

And I would help if I had it as well...but I don't have it.

^_^

007cf9ac.jpg

Yeah, I couldn't care less about whether it's on the site, it was barely used. I guess this is kind of going in circles though, part of the reason there's no high quality version of it (and hence it not being on the site) is that it wasn't used or "spread" very much to begin with.

007cf9ac.jpg

Easssyyy, just thought maybe there was a possibility you weren't aware of the logo.

90758391980.gif

Holy :censored: the replicas are awful.

p10210208reg.jpg

The blue under the wordmark isn't there, plus theres the awful WIDE SHOULDER problem like all replicas.

It's like Champion somehow manufactured this.

Hmm, the replicas shown on washingtonwizardsstore.com (the official online store of the Washington Wizards) shows a replica that has the blue:

46-41446-Y.jpg

http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.com/John-Wall-Jersey-adidas-White-Replica-2-Washington-Wizards-Jersey-_1963133352_PD.html

spacer.png

Archived