personal logo idea

CS85

Ok guys, thanks again for the feedback. I've decided to try to play off the "AL" and go for something a bit less abstract. These renderings are rough ideas, not finished or polished by any means. If you could give me some further cc about which direction I should continue to work with, I'll to implement something going forward.

Thanks again, as always.

logogss.jpg

Before I read Davidson's post, I thought to myself, 'Davidson's going to be all about #2.' Truth be told, that's my favorite as well, and the entire top row of 1, 2 and 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I tried a variation of the first 2 logos, and came up with this. let me know what you think. I'm torn.

trynow.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think this is a very strong look on its own without the rounded square and web 2.0 look

I agree, I just wanted to dress it up a little, lol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's an updated version with less of the shiny crap. I accidentally took a small notch out of it in ps but you get the idea.

unled1copyk.jpg

twitter

It's incredibly professional. It's sort of corporate-looking, so you could experiment with rounded lines/corners and maybe open up the circle so it looks like one long line segment, but I think this is an excellent solution.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks slapshot! I'm getting a lot of 80's-evil-corporation-meets-pokeball-meets-heart-monitor so I'll likely round things off a bit and experiment with colors and brushes to give it a bit more wear. Perhaps even do some variations with script and such.

twitter

Here's an updated version with less of the shiny crap. I accidentally took a small notch out of it in ps but you get the idea.

unled1copyk.jpg

Yup...that'll do it right there.

It has the abstract look you were going for, it's ridiculously simple, and yet still disctinctive. Kill the special effects on it, and you got yourself a winner.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

unled1copyk.jpg

It has the abstract look you were going for, it's ridiculously simple, and yet still disctinctive. Kill the special effects on it, and you got yourself a winner.

Agreed 100% the special affects seem to have no pattern or rhyme.

I just put a gradient-braid brush on 20% opacity and hit it with a single click. I should've just left it be. I'll update this when I have my final look. As always, the response to this thread's c/c has been tremendous. Thanks as always.

twitter

I tried some more refining and wanted to run a couple more ideas by for the sake of experimentation. Anyone think either of the following are upgrades?

circleut.jpg

squarezc.jpg

twitter

unled1copyk.jpg

Take this logo, kill the special effecs, put the orange on the bottom and you have a stunning logo. I say put the orange on the bottom because it gives it a really nice contrast to the white on top and you have the nice 70% grey that works with the logo. It's strong but doesn't overpower the viewer. If you use black instead of the grey, you'll overpower the bright white and orange contrasting against the black. Great job!

I tried some more refining and wanted to run a couple more ideas by for the sake of experimentation. Anyone think either of the following are upgrades?

circleut.jpg

squarezc.jpg

Both of them are downgrades IMHO. I just don't like the varying line widths.

Ok guys, finally finished. Thanks for the great criticism, I know I've said it a lot before but I wouldn't have been able to finish this without such great feedback. Here's the final tag kinda thing.

tag2zd.png

update: chapeeko, I def intend to take advantage of the color versatility a basic symbol like this offers, thanks for giving me the rainbow, I'll save it to my design folder for future reference.

twitter

Ok guys, finally finished. Thanks for the great criticism, I know I've said it a lot before but I wouldn't have been able to finish this without such great feedback. Here's the final tag kinda thing.

tag2zd.png

update: chapeeko, I def intend to take advantage of the color versatility a basic symbol like this offers, thanks for giving me the rainbow, I'll save it to my design folder for future reference.

Brilliant...simply brilliant.

That came out looking truly professional. Good stuff, Andy. Tell you what...that'll also look great on business cards and stationery headers, should you decide to come up with some. And, here's the other great thing about that: it's two colors, which will help you save $$$ at the printer...even more so if you needed a simple black-and-white job.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived