Mavs Logo Realization

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the M on the horse, when it comes to the current Mavericks logo wasn't that hard not to spot. However, for the longest time the old Milwaukee Brewers and Montreal Expos logos subtle lettering didn't dawn on me till a year or so later. The most embarrassing for me was the Quebec Nordiques logo that I didn't realize was an igloo until my girlfriend pointed it out to me. I always thought it was just some :censored: ed up-looking "Q" and never a hockey stick leaning against an igloo.

Same here. When I was a kid, I convinced myself the Nordiques' logo was some funky interpretation of the letter Q, if only to make sense of it. I later started seeing the hockey stick, but for the life of me, still didn't know what the curvy part was, and to be honest, if I hadn't been told that it was supposed to be an igloo, I'd still probably not know what it was. I mean, I can see the doorway for the igloo, but the way the "dome" is cutoff by the hockey stick, it just doesn't look like anything at all.

Growing up my younger brother thought the original Col. Sanders logo for Kentucky Fried Chicken wasn't a portrait of the Colonel with a string bow tie but rather a big head on top of a tiny black stick figure.

KFC+Vintage.jpg

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I've always seen he noridiques logo as a n and an igloo, never thought it was a q.

Likewise. I always saw it as a lowercase 'n' with a hockey stick.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've always seen he noridiques logo as a n and an igloo, never thought it was a q.

lrg_Quebec_Nordiques58.gif

VERY stupid thought, but this looks like an elephant to me.

PS: I don´t know NOTHING about hockey or history of the teams, in my country the hockey a "new" sport.

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

I never realized the cape in this logo represented the Ottawa flag until the designer told me:

Ottawa-Senators-ALT.jpg

flag_Ottawa.png

Wow, that is really really clever! The Senators NEED to make this the primary logo! It's the perfect representation of civic and namesake.

PS: I don´t know NOTHING about hockey or history of the teams, in my country the hockey a "new" sport.

:) Its not stupid. I thought the same thing. It looks indeed like a Elephant or Mammoth

Does anyone else find the Mavericks horse rather confusing with all those indefinite lines? Which is the eye, is it the uppermost and the smaller one of the two black slashes to the left of the black area with the 'hidden' M? In case it's the smaller one, it is positioned just too high, close to the top of the head, with the longer one forming an odd wrinkle beneath it. I suppose it is, because the longer one being the eye doesn't make sense.

Republican_elephant.gif

Not an unreasonable misinterpretation at all.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Wait--how is the Nordique logo a "Q"? I don't see it. (I never knew it was an igloo either until recently on these boards.)

And I don't get the Disney "D" thing either. It's a D. What's so special, or what am I missing?

The Disney Logo (including the D) is Walt Disney's signature. http://www.logoblog.org/walt_disney_logo.php

Kind of - it's a highly stylized form of his signature, created by the marketing department.

The legend always went that Disney's design team changed it just enough that he could never get it right when signing autographs.

I'm not sure I understand an inability to see the "D".

disney_logo.jpg

Did you look at that logo and read it as "Walt [logo]isney"? Context alone ought to have filled in the blanks, even if you wouldn't have recognized it as a "D" alone by itself.

The Disney Logo (including the D) is Walt Disney's signature. http://www.logoblog.org/walt_disney_logo.php

Kind of - it's a highly stylized form of his signature, created by the marketing department.

The legend always went that Disney's design team changed it just enough that he could never get it right when signing autographs.

I'm not sure I understand an inability to see the "D".

disney_logo.jpg

Did you look at that logo and read it as "Walt [logo]isney"? Context alone ought to have filled in the blanks, even if you wouldn't have recognized it as a "D" alone by itself.

To be fair, as a very young child, I don't think "context" really comes into play, at least not in my case haha. I remember when I was just learning how to read, it looked more like a backwards "G" than a D.

For years, the "D" in the Disney logo has always seemed like a capital "G" until I noticed the "D" qualities of it, so to say. As for the Nordiques logo, when I first saw it, I, too, thought it was an elephant-looking animal. I figured, with Quebec City being really cold and all, it could've been a mammoth.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

wow

my brain must really function differently

I've always noticed the 'M'...it's very noticeable

and the D in Disney looks like a D so I don't get how people had no idea it was a D that makes no sense...I mean...look at it...it's a D

Archived