New York Americans Hockey team

GeorgesL

I wanted to create a logo for the New York Americans hockey team that features the Statue of Liberty, because it not only represents America, but New York City as well. I tried many variations, but the one I'm posting today, I feel, was the best one. My main concern was the points sticking out of its crown. I wondered would they be too big, or too pointy for the trim? And I had to get the face as perfect, but as modern as possible. Not too graphic, but simple enough to design. The 5 stars on the logo represent the five boroughs of New York City. The two red stripes are for the servicemen and women of NYC, one for the NYPD, the other for the Fire dept. of NY.

NYA.png

Thoughts? (Mind you, the wordmark is not official yet.)

The face needs to be redone. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on that so I can't help ya, but something looks off. The rest is pretty cool though

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

I'll agree that the eyes are a bit strange. Probably due to that the logo is representing a statue and not a real person. I don't know if you'd be willing to do this, but perhaps try to give her some sort of scowl. Right now she's just kind of looking into the distance with no emotion (yes, I know that's how that's how the statue is, and maybe you were going for realism). I might also suggest cutting down on the number of windows (I think that's what those are?) and thickening up the jawline. And I think losing that gray spot under her right eye would help.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like the wordmark, maybe 13 stars would do better than 5 stars as an ode to the 13 Colonies. The face is not good however, and it almost looks like Sly, in facial structure and expression. A decent start nonetheless.

11 stars is another idea. New York was the 11th state to join The Union.

RockiesSig.png

I like the wordmark, maybe 13 stars would do better than 5 stars as an ode to the 13 Colonies. The face is not good however, and it almost looks like Sly, in facial structure and expression. A decent start nonetheless.

11 stars is another idea. New York was the 11th state to join The Union.

Good idea, it might fit better along that limited space compared to 13 of them.

I like the five as a reference to the five boroughs.

Do something about the eyes though, she looks scared. Have her looking dead ahead rather than off to the side, that will probably to the trick.

Other than that it looks really badass, I like!

Anubis.png

I looked at many pictures of the Statue of Liberty, and drawing it to perfection, not to mention keeping it simple and modern, was harder than I thought it would be, especially when you're trying to make a logo out of it. I think the Rangers made it a work of art.

No to the batman font. Please, no, not the batman font.

This logo has some potential. The lines need to be cleaned up on the face, make the negative space bolder looking, what i mean is, the channels between grey and red (essentially, the negative navy space) needs to be thicker, especially between the left side of the face and the red background. To the left of the the nose looks completely wrong. Simplify some parts of the head, like the bottom right part (the hair) and simplify the crown, less blue squares going around the bottom of the crown would look better. I like the way the red and white banner wraps around the neck, but once again, make the navy channels wider, it gives the logo a bolder and cleaner feel. The spikes of the crown need to be, well, less spikey. The strokes on the gray outline are wayyy too distracting because they extend out too far. I really like the styling of the hairline, eyes, and the right side of the nose, but give her an expression. Right now, it just looks like the statue of liberty, sittin there chillin, but thats not really what we want in a logo. We want a dynamic, in your face logo, as opposed to a static one, static=boring.

Notice how the senators logo, while in the same style, is much more simplified in terms of the red, white, and gold shapes inside of the largest black backdrop shape. That's the direction this logo should go. Thin lines are bad. Make it bolder. Great start, though.

The composistion is ok and the colors are nice. The face has its issues, but what bugs me the most is that there is shadowing on the face, arms, neck and hair, but none on the "crown" or spikes. Also LADY Liberty appears to be looking to the side, towards the viewer, and not straight ahead.

Archived