- Black helmet, black jersey, yellow pants

- Black helmet, white jersey, black pants

- White helmet, red jersey, white pants

- White helmet, white jersey, yellow pants

Combos to avoid:

- all monochromatic looks

- Black helmet, yellow jersey, white pants

- Black helmet, yellow jersey, yellow pants

These are far from fantastic, but not exactly the worst things ever IMO. I'm going to need better photos to really argue that point, but I really think these aren't as bad as they're being made out to be. If they wear White helmet/Red jersey/White pants and White helmet/White jersey/Red pants most of the time then they'll make this whole idea much easier to swallow.

That's pretty much the combo they used as a full-time set under Fridge, and it looked sharp. They had a black jersey and went white(h)/black(j)/white(p) once a year on "blackout" night games against conference opponents.

Really, I don't know why UM needed a complete and total overhaul of the set. They were the only team in the ACC to have script on the helmet - instantly identifiable on TV without having to super-zoom in on it. If they were trying to be Eastern Seaboard Oregon, they should have at least kept that, or used the "M-flag" logo to tie them together.

terps_bikes_m_logo.png

i like them. i think UA has out-Nike'd Nike here. they're just copying that style and the jersey striping is a bit strange but i love the use of color through out. at least UA put some work in on these instead of just coloring in random uniform panels and slapping a random number font on it. it just screams Maryland, and in a good way. the grey helmet's texture is a bit heavy, i dont think the shell pattern needs to stand out that much, it should be subtle but its still nice. i cant wait to see them on the field

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

it just screams Maryland, and in a good way.

I don't see how it screams "Maryland" though, aside from the stripe down the center of the helmets. The turtle shell pattern is a nice touch on the numbers of the white jersey, but the gradient in the red numbers doesn't fit with the rest of it. Maryland flag trim on the sleeves or elsewhere would have been a nice addition, but as it is there are just too many elements that don't work together.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the more I look at these, the more and more I'm liking them. The matte black helmet is PERFECT. :shocked:

I have only 2 issues with these uni's:

1) The side stripes in the front of the jersey look like side pockets.

2) The black jersey looks hideous with the red shoulders.

As ugly as the black jersey is, the yellow version completely makes up for it.

Picture_197.png

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I really like these. I wish they would have less combinations, though, because I think it hurts their brand a little bit. It seems like it would be confusing to their fans of which color they want them to wear to games (red, black or yellow?).

Fewer (sorry, pet peeve)

UM usually has memos out on campus about what color the student section should wear to games. The problem with yellow is that it has traditionally been associated with the basketball team (most recently the Terps win over Duke in College Park - Greivis Vasquez heroics, et cetera). Also the way the stadium is set up I don't think a sea of yellow will look appealing at all, regardless of whether the game is during the day or at night.

I'd agree with your suggestion that it would hurt the brand, but I don't think Maryland even knows what its "brand" is now. The "Terps" script that appeared on the Fridge-era helmets was used around campus for other things - promo events that had nothing to do with the football team, for example. Now that they're completely abandoning that, I don't know where they're going.

These are far from fantastic, but not exactly the worst things ever IMO. I'm going to need better photos to really argue that point, but I really think these aren't as bad as they're being made out to be. If they wear White helmet/Red jersey/White pants and White helmet/White jersey/Red pants most of the time then they'll make this whole idea much easier to swallow.

That's pretty much the combo they used as a full-time set under Fridge, and it looked sharp. They had a black jersey and went white(h)/black(j)/white(p) once a year on "blackout" night games against conference opponents.

Really, I don't know why UM needed a complete and total overhaul of the set. They were the only team in the ACC to have script on the helmet - instantly identifiable on TV without having to super-zoom in on it. If they were trying to be Eastern Seaboard Oregon, they should have at least kept that, or used the "M-flag" logo to tie them together.

terps_bikes_m_logo.png

I think they are in the process of phasing out that font the M-Flag uses.

I actually really like this set for the most part. I think the helmet is the biggest problem. The black helmet would be perfect if it had a logo on t. Just having a black matte helmet with a stripe (which is a very cool stripe) isn't enough to hold it's own on the helmet. The turtle shell helmet could be great if they used a much less subtle pattern and once again put a logo on the side. My only other big problem with these are the gradient numbers, but they aren't horrible. The biggest thing that I would worry about is the team picking some really bad combos. It's going to be a lot easier for them to pick a bad combo than Oregon because of how many bright colors Maryland is using.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Pride stickers would just make the whole set an eyesore. They work for tOSU because that uniform set is clean and simple. The same goes for Georgia. These uniforms are already visually cluttered and putting stickers on helmets with such detailed patterns on them already would give me a headache to look at them.

Besides, blank helmets with pride stickers seems like a strange attempt to establish tradition that isn't there. UM's "tradition" mainly lies with the accomplishments of the coach who was just fired, no less (prior to Fridge's arrival, UM's last bowl win came in 1985).

All uni combos, mapped out like this(all just my opinion): Approved for a lot of use Eh, maybe a couple games. Never to be worn.

White Helmet/White Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/Yellow Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/Red Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/Black Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/White Jersey/Yellow Pants

White Helmet/Red Jersey/Yellow Pants

White Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Yellow Pants

White Helmet/Black Jersey/Yellow Pants

White Helmet/White Jersey/Red Pants

White Helmet/Red Jersey/Red Pants

White Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Red Pants

White Helmet/Black Jersey/Red Pants

White Helmet/White Jersey/Black Pants

White Helmet/Red Jersey/Black Pants

White Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Black Pants

White Helmet/Black Jersey/Black Pants

Black Helmet/White Jersey/White Pants

Black Helmet/Yellow Jersey/White Pants

Black Helmet/Red Jersey/White Pants

Black Helmet/Black Jersey/White Pants

Black Helmet/White Jersey/Yellow Pants

Black Helmet/Red Jersey/Yellow Pants

Black Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Yellow Pants

Black Helmet/Black Jersey/Yellow Pants

Black Helmet/White Jersey/Red Pants

Black Helmet/Red Jersey/Red Pants

Black Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Red Pants

Black Helmet/Black Jersey/Red Pants

Black Helmet/White Jersey/Black Pants

Black Helmet/Red Jersey/Black Pants

Black Helmet/Yellow Jersey/Black Pants

Black Helmet/Black Jersey/Black Pants

The more I look at these, the more I actually...like them?

Love some of the combinations, hate some of the otehrs, but after going back and looking at the half ass job Nike did to UGA it's refreshing to see that a uniform manufactuer actually put time and effort into making a uniform, regardless of how farfetched it might look.

turtle shell pattern, hawaiin pattern, utah's pattern, boston colleges...at least UA is doing some cool stuff that is relevant to the teams.

if I see another two-toned facemask or cookie-cutter jersey (like the one Utep unveiled) I'm going to shoot myself.

These are certifiably bonkers, but I like 'em for the most part. Does the black helmet have a logo?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All uni combos, mapped out like this(all just my opinion): Approved for a lot of use Eh, maybe a couple games. Never to be worn.

Black Helmet/White Jersey/Yellow Pants

Black Helmet/Black Jersey/Yellow Pants

The problem with these combos is that they are Steelers Light. Riots may ensue if they see the light of day.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It's alright. The black helmet NEEDS a logo of some sort. The white helmet looks fine with the turtle shell pattern. I think the yellow jersey, if paired with black helmet and pants, wouldn't look too bad. I like the focus on the turtle pattern. Some looks should never be worn, but others have the potential to be great.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the more I look at these, the more and more I'm liking them. The matte black helmet is PERFECT. :shocked:

I have only 2 issues with these uni's:

1) The side stripes in the front of the jersey look like side pockets.

2) The black jersey looks hideous with the red shoulders.

As ugly as the black jersey is, the yellow version completely makes up for it.

Picture_197.png

Sweet helmet. Love the simplicity and lack of logo. Wonder if they'll actually keep it that way or ruin in with the wordmark.

Archived