I need opinions about my projects

Mings

Hey guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle right now, one that is familiar to designers of all types. I'm trying to see what projects I feel are best for my portfolio after another year and a half of school. Since I am too close to the projects to be able to cut down the number completely, I would like to get your opinions on what you feel are the better/stronger projects. I've created a quick Survey for you to fill out that is completely anonymous, but if you would like to comment here I'd love to hear what you have to say.

My website has all of the projects in much more detail than the survey does (the survey only allowed 1 picture of each), so click here to visit my website. If you want to judge just by the pictures on the survey you are more than welcome to (as that would show what drawing power each project would have, and a realistic approach to how the portfolio is first viewed by prospective employers).

Click here to take the survey!

Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate it!

Josh

i really dont know enough about your type of work to make any helpful comments on the projects themselves, but everything is nicely presented and easy to navigate. whatever you do decide to put in your portfolio, just make sure its your best work and dont worry about the number. dosnt matter if its 3 projects or 20, but for a recent grad i would look for 5 projects or so.

i would also suggest putting your sketches with the final projects or leave them out completely. most people only care about the final product and not so much about how you got there.

there may not be much use for the photography either. do you want a job as a photographer? if not, just use it elsewhere, maybe a Behance portfolio.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i really dont know enough about your type of work to make any helpful comments on the projects themselves, but everything is nicely presented and easy to navigate. whatever you do decide to put in your portfolio, just make sure its your best work and dont worry about the number. dosnt matter if its 3 projects or 20, but for a recent grad i would look for 5 projects or so.

i would also suggest putting your sketches with the final projects or leave them out completely. most people only care about the final product and not so much about how you got there.

there may not be much use for the photography either. do you want a job as a photographer? if not, just use it elsewhere, maybe a Behance portfolio.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about moving that stuff to the blog to make the website clearer. The projects I have on the website right now represent some of my best work, but I typically only put 4-5 projects in my printed/pdf portfolio that I send out. I do need to get some of my sketches into each project though, great suggestion.

Archived