Cardinals bird hats

kestrel79

Hey since we are on the topic of alternate caps did the Astros wear the navy cap with the gold brim alot back in the late 90's?

Also did the brewers ever wear an all yellow hat ball in the glove hat?

Are you just looking at the Lids site and wondering which ones are real and which ones aren't?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey since we are on the topic of alternate caps did the Astros wear the navy cap with the gold brim alot back in the late 90's?

I think they wore them with the navy alternate jersey of the era, but I don't remember it all that well. I was away at school without cable, so I didn't get to watch Astros games in the mid-90's.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think they wore them with the navy alternate jersey of the era, but I don't remember it all that well. I was away at school without cable, so I didn't get to watch Astros games in the mid-90's.

They wore them on occassion:

090898johnson_550x430.jpg

I agree, it's a fantastic hat. Unlike others, I think "minor league" hats like this have a place in the MLB, if only as Sunday alternates as a change of pace. I loved these Tigers caps, for example:

sports-specialties-mlb-detroit-tigers-fitted-cap-1.jpg

I remember that TIGERS hat ... I think it would look awesome in all-navy wearing an alternate Navy jersey.

The orange visor kinda steals away from the orange on the Bengal Tiger and the 'D' logo trim.

They wore them on occassion:

090898johnson_550x430.jpg

One of the worst hats to go along with one of the worst jerseys. The first incarnation of the navy alt with the Astros wordmark in white was better. When they added the oversized star logo to this jersey and the road jerseys is when the look went to hell. Was much at the beginning of the navy and gold.

lovegame.jpg

Speaking of that Tigers cap...does anyone know if they ever wore the hat above? Its from Costner's dud "For the Love of the Game"

It's the classic D with the orange brim. Tough to tell from the pic though.

McCall beat me to it, but I was surprised that they actually got details like that right when I saw the movie. You can buy that road cap still at Mickey's Place.

det94.jpg

That's a damn fine baseball cap right there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also did the brewers ever wear an all yellow hat ball in the glove hat?

Are you just looking at the Lids site and wondering which ones are real and which ones aren't?

You are correct. I am completing my little collection of hats. I have like all on field hats, being it the authentics and cooperstowns, I just need Astros, Indians, Brewers, and Pirates.

lovegame.jpg

Speaking of that Tigers cap...does anyone know if they ever wore the hat above? Its from Costner's dud "For the Love of the Game"

McCall beat me to it, but I was surprised that they actually got details like that right when I saw the movie. You can buy that road cap still at Mickey's Place.

det94.jpg

There's a scene in that movie where he's warming up in the bullpen for the game that night and his jersey is missing the piping around the neck and down the chest. The piping shows up later when he pitches his perfect game. Just an error for the continuity dorks out there.

and that's where I admit that I've seen "For Love of the Game", the obvious baseball knockoff of "Jerry Maguire". That movie won a bunch of awards and It's like they said "Hey, chicks like sports now. Chick flicks and sports work. Roll production immediately." and that's how we got "For Love of the Game"

PvO6ZWJ.png

lovegame.jpg

det94.jpg

There's a scene in that movie where he's warming up in the bullpen for the game that night and his jersey is missing the piping around the neck and down the chest. The piping shows up later when he pitches his perfect game. Just an error for the continuity dorks out there.

and that's where I admit that I've seen "For Love of the Game", the obvious baseball knockoff of "Jerry Maguire". That movie won a bunch of awards and It's like they said "Hey, chicks like sports now. Chick flicks and sports work. Roll production immediately." and that's how we got "For Love of the Game"

I always fast-forwarded through the other parts of that movie and just watched the baseball scenes.

I wish they'd bring sluggerbird back in some way shape or form.

Look up the Springfield Cardinals sunday cap logos. It has the updated sluggerbird interlocked with the C. That's the updated bird that came in at some time. They only used it on some limited merchandise before allowing Springfield to use it. I don't know how much St. Louis still uses it at all.

Archived