College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

My goal is simple. I'm going to redesign all 120 FBS teams BEFORE kickoff comes in September. My fun little summer project. A couple of these concepts have been posted before, or some from my REVAMP MADNESS might have been tweaked to be conventional.

The idea behind this redesign is 120 completely realistic and improving concepts. Here's the SEC for starters! I'll add in descriptions tomorrow, but for now I need sleep!

(colored facemasks exported weird once again. ill try to fix that)

::CHECK PAGE TWO FOR EDITS TO SEC::

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that you went with a yellow jersey instead of the usual purple for LSU. It's an interesting change and it looks good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These are really nice. I particularly like the South Carolina ones. I'd be interested to see what their helmets would look like if they used the SC interlocked like their baseball team.

Nice work with these and very interested to see the rest.

@jahgee.

Actually, I do have alternates done. These templates are a little too detailed for inkscape, so exporting can take a while and sometimes it crashes. So, I didnt get the alternates out of the shed yet! I'll put them up later.

@JSS

I actually started with the "SC" logo, but really it looks like a flower from far away, I think. Plus, I really wanted to emphasize the whole crest thing for SC, so the 1990's style helmet worked out for me.

Geez Brave-Bird, are you trying to top me or something? happy.gif

All kidding aside, these all look really good. I especially like Florida, SC, Bama and Arkasas. The collars on the last two are amazing.

One issue though...on LSU and Ole Miss, I don't like how the shoulder loops just randomly stop. I would make the SEC logo smaller and move it inside the stitching, as the swoosh is. Then continue the striping all the way to the stitching.

Two toned facemasks? FAIL :P

Kentucky seems a little odd to me but I love the trim you did for the Razorbacks. Overall I like these and look forward to seeing the rest.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

@JSS

I actually started with the "SC" logo, but really it looks like a flower from far away, I think. Plus, I really wanted to emphasize the whole crest thing for SC, so the 1990's style helmet worked out for me.

Sounds good, BB08. Thanks for the follow-up and looking forward to seeing the rest.

Nice. Some really great stuff here. I love LOVE what you did with UGA, clearly its not much of a change but I think that arm striping looks fantastic. And the black-white-red-white-black on the road really pops. (It's also the exact stripe that are on the side of the campus buses here, believe it or not).

As much as I hate Florida, this looks really sharp. I think their basketball identity is already far superior than their foot ball one. For Kentucky, I'm not a huge fan of "piping to nowhere", but the truncated double stripe on the pants still looks nice. Good work on fixing the disaster that is the South Carolina uniform set, the simplicity here is nice. I can't say I like that shade of gold for Vandy, I'd prefer a black jersey, but the number font is far superior. Just noticed the detail with the adizero on the UT set, that's pretty cool.

It can be hard to differentiate alabama and arkansas, but you did a good job here. The contrasting sleeve color on Arkansas is pretty good looking and the sharpness of the repeated cuff pattern is perfect for a team called the "razorbacks". Thank you for fixing the Auburn stripe inconsistency, it bothers me so much whenever I see them play, but I HATE copperplate and I'd go with some sort of block font (maybe with orange outlines? untraditional, but could work). Yellow jersey for LSU looks surprisingly good but, knowing LSU, theyd never wear them. You fixed the stripe and color inconsistency here, too, so that's always good. The shoulder striping on Ole Miss is definitely an improvement. Miss State is probably my least favorite of the bunch just because nothing stands out to me as really being an improvement of the already-boring adidas template they use now, but I do like the usage of the bulldog logo (great logo). Also you have contrasting shoulder yoke colors on the front/back of away jersey, might wanna fix that. Minor gripes aside, I'd say that every single one of these is better looking from a design standpoint than what the teams use now. I really like what you did here.

@Elliot

Thanks for the feedback. I will make my own argument for Mississippi State though. Going into that concept, my only true goal was to get rid of the horrific tusks and gigantic, clunky and funky pants stripe.

Anything could be better than their real set, IMO. Also, just to note, I made the helmet white b/c I feel like a team called the "BULLDOGS" reflects that identity better with a white helmet.

I even fiddled with a white alternate helmet for UGA. I did that in my revamp madness thread...but this time I tried to tie it in to make it look traditional. I guess I'll have to post that now...

Yellow jersey for LSU looks surprisingly good but, knowing LSU, theyd never wear them.

Why do you say that? They wear purple a few times every year. They would certainly wear the yellows if they replaced the purples.

My note on LSU....LOVE IT. The numeral font works great. You might even go one step further and use the "Geaux" font that LSU uses for it's wordmark and basketball numerals. Also, the only other thing I would do on LSU would be to replace the "LSU" on the helmet with the new font that's seen just under the neck.

gYH2mW9.png

Yellow jersey for LSU looks surprisingly good but, knowing LSU, theyd never wear them.

Why do you say that? They wear purple a few times every year. They would certainly wear the yellows if they replaced the purples.

How could you not say that? They rarely wear them, they elect to wear white at home, unlike most teams; most teams wear white 6-7 times a year, lsu wears white 10-11 times a year. That strikes me as never wearing them.

How could you not say that? They rarely wear them, they elect to wear white at home, unlike most teams; most teams wear white 6-7 times a year, lsu wears white 10-11 times a year. That strikes me as never wearing them.

FWIW, they have wore gold before

herbtyler.jpg

powlus_indy2.jpg

FSU2.gif

Like I said before, LSU wears purple at least twice a year. So they would most definitely wear gold jerseys if they were to replace the purples.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived